Canada Homestay Network Employee Reviews

2.7Pay & Benefits
2.0Job Security & Advancement
time flexibility, but poor management
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
This job gives you a lot of flexibility, but the work load is a bit overwhelming especially it is hard to turn off after 5.

Working in a virtual environment makes you tech savvy. you have to manage your time and prioritize well considering the workload.

The management needs a lot of improving. HR needs to step into lights.
Pros
flexibility, saving time on the road.
Cons
not paid well
Be ready to do it all! You will learn more about yourself here than anywhere else.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2016
I could have performed this job 24/7. Taking care of other people's children and their needs was very challenging and very rewarding. This virtual company promoted working from home and provided the unique opportunity to manage the programs based on the needs of each community. Standards were upheld while customization of program management was supported. Essentially we were fully in charge of our programs and had our team support 100%
This is a family run business that has grown by word of mouth right accross Canada. It was a unique and rewarding opportunity for me for which I will always benefit in the future.
Pros
work from home 100% and authority to manage each program as required
Cons
You have to be ready to be there for each student and host family regardless of the time or need.