Canada Goose
Information from Canada Goose:

Canada Goose Pay & benefits reviews

Canada102 reviews
Featured review
Canada Goose selected this as a representative review
A fast-growing, ethical company
I expanded my capacity to multi-task

Poor, junior management. Great people but they need to work on their communication and leadership skills

Great workplace culture, however, can be a little competitive, at times

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the amazing people I met in the workplace
Wonderful teammate and totally cooperative supervisor
There is lot to learn also very high chances moving up

Good benefits
Continuous growth
Quality speaks for itself
- Team très soudée et sympathique
- Managers présentes et attentionnés

- Bonne ambiance au travail

- Salaire correct
Je crois qu’ils doivent augmenter les salaires parce que le travail est stressant répétitif et intensif
Don't work here unless you like working for idiot managers. They will use you and your talent and your hard work to make it look like they are doing a good job. And speaking Mandarin is definitely an asset at this location - but don't worry - none of the managers speak it - but if you do - you'll sell lots of jackets and make sure the managers receive a fat bonus because of your hard work. Will you receive a bonus? Hahaha - wait til you see how small your bonus is, IF you get one. And just WAIT til you see what they have to say if you don't receive a bonus - even though they have received one. You're better off getting a job just about anywhere else. I've never worked somewhere where people are so unhappy at their jobs.
The job is fairly easy. However, the workplace is very competitive and the management is quite unfair. There is barely any career advancement. The benefits are okay and the salary is minimum.
enjoy relax and nice working with other.a bit heavy lifting of fabrics.they have good benefits .and good environment to work..ensures health and safety at workplace
the time and schedule for me is good because i was amorning shift.well at that time the management is poor.some of co workers are so mean specially service persons.and thats why i resigned i was so streesed not giving me good training.but the benifits is good and fair because the employees can allow to buy a 75% jockets
Très très brouillant,travail répétitif aucune fenêtre,j'ai pas aimé du tout
I was hired on the same day. Provided proper training and good support team. Full time/guaranteed hours, with holiday pay, employee pricing package, health benefits
usine au potentiel énorme mais qui est simplement pour moi mal gérer.
Tu n'es qu'un numéro parmi tant d'autre et si tu es dérangeant on te met à la porte ou on ne te donne pas l'opportunité de grandir dans l'entreprise.

Par contre payer à la pièce si tu es travailleur, ça paie fortement

Les assurances sont bonnes

ils essaient de paraître une belle entreprise mais comme toute entreprise c'est bien pour les immigrants, car les 3/4 des employés ne parle pas français.
Pros
bonnes assurances
Cons
un simple numero
Canada Goose is a really bad place to work. It’s so sad because I really wanted to like it. The people seemed so nice at first. Now it just feels like no one trusts each other and they all think anyone new is trying to take their job.

I’ve been here for awhile now and one thing that really gets to me is how people get promoted without knowing how to do the job their being promoted too. They don’t have any experience and instead of giving the job to someone who’s earned it they give it to someone else...

Canada Goose like many other companies have started to recognize mental health as a serious concern in the workplace. Sadly, if you need a “mental health” day there really isn’t anyway to ask for one without feeling like your position will be in jeopardy. It’s a scary feeling to be so stressed out and have nowhere to turn.
When you have to use a sick day to get a break from a stressful work environment that’s a bad sign. It’s worse when youre not stressed because the work is too hard but because you’re bombarded with your job and picking up the slack of someone else because they’re not doing their job. You’re doing all of this without so much as a word of thanks from management.

Another thing is the merchandise..I feel bad saying this, but I only buy second quality merchandise or “seconds” at the Canada goose sales now. The first quality products that are available in the stores are of an inferior quality. They decided to go with material that is cheaper and of a lower quality and sadly they still choose to raise the price on the consumers. It’s just such a horrible
 - more...
Pros
Bagel Fridays, company sales, goose passes
Cons
Nepotism, favouritism, bad management
Typical day includes coming into your area, having everyone smile and say good morning, having fresh coffee brewed just around the corner and a cafeteria to go and get breakfast that is super cheap and yummy. On Friday mornings we get Bagels... then you go back to your desk and check emails and get your day started. Meetings throughout the day are never negative everyone here tries to be positive and constructive. between 12 and 1 everyone is expected to have lunch... cafeteria has seating available and different menu every day.
Management is awesome and empowering. Everyone becomes a Canada Goose Brand Ambassador because we are so hands on and able to see and accompany the product from conception to end. Great team events and activities. In house gym, yoga and a boot camp too!! The culture is amazing. Hardest part is getting to know other departments other than your own. Also getting used to barely any paper being used. Everyone is on laptops.. really great once you get used to it.

Most enjoyable part of the job is all of the above and the company's focus on career development.

Added bonus ** benefits, company rrsp program, company shares are also available to employees through a program.

Absolutely love my Job.
Pros
Read Above
Cons
Commute & Parking...
It was nice to work here. I have had some issues with some of my colleagues, but I was able to cope with them. I was given health insurance and that was the best part! A good salary, fairly good employer, and an awesome workplace!
Pros
snacks
Cons
A lot of work and I mean that!
Management takes credit for other peoples accomplishments, engages in favouritism and refuses to reward people for their hard work, efficiency and even for staying late. CG is like a high school.

They expect you to stay overtime and even if you come in on the weekend they dont believe in "LIEU" days...not unless youre high level management.

Salary - thats a joke right? You will most likely be doing two or three jobs and will be paid for one. They will pay someone else who kisses up to them more money though. That person is worth more to the company than someone who really works.
But there are benefits - health and dental.

Job security? I already told you - you have to kiss up.

Management? Now I know youre joking.

Job culture: "youre a Goose Person now!" Welcome to the Goose crew where so many people are talking trash about other people you have to leave sometimes so you dont get drawn into the conversation.

If you dont like someone you can choose to just do your work and only speak to them when its work related but that will catch up with you. People will gossip about people they dont like behind their backs and at the first chance to get a position in "MANAGEMENT" they will run over and start to befriend the same person they were bad mouthing for months.

At CG working hard DOES NOT get you ahead - kissing up to people does.

CG is a toxic environment. If youre lukcy you will meet a few people you can trust but you'll know who to watch out for very quickly.

Good luck, but i guarantee youll regret joining the "GOOSE CREW"

i did.
Pros
discounts on apparel
Cons
Management, salary, working conditions, people, toxic environment, lack of recognition, favouritism, mistreating employees
I got to talk with many different person with different kinds of personality which made my everyday of work fun. Overall it's a good workplace and I would recommend it.
Pros
Free Bagels every friday
Cons
long hours and early in the morning
I usually start my work 10 minutes before 7:00 am, arranging my things, make sure that I have all the required accessories for the jacket that I will work on with. Being with Canada Goose company. I learned how to deal and get along with different kind of people/nationality, interacting with them, exchanging ideas, food and cultures, I also given an opportunity to learn other task aside from my assigned work and that is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of the job is when to stop or take a short break (for nature call) because I have time and efficiency rating to maintain.
Pros
Festive environment, free coffee, bagel and sometime ice cream
Cons
Minimum salary and limited benefits
My job:
We're expected to speak to every client who walks in or waiting in line too as well conversate with them along with coat check, handing out water and do line control having a 9 hour day, full time (40 hours) 1 hour break not paid. Sounds simple? It is if you're only greeting customers.

Canada Goose have there own rules when you work for them. Since we service guests with a brand ambassador individually we make guests (clients) wait in line while the security or like they like to call us "concierge" speak to the clients so they do not leave the store while in line. Having to repetivitely speak the same conversation with different people becomes exhausting as well standing for 8 hours straight in one area of space.

Even if you're an extrovert, sociable, energetic individual it will leave you exhausted by the time you're done your shifts.

Management:

Management does not understand the strain and intensity of the work for either positions worked in the store and expects everyone to give there heart and life out as if it was our career. Neither managers worked in the store previously in any positions and speak to us as if they know how it works.

Training:

Security did not receive training, even after being promised we will be and we are antagonized once we do not do something well.

Ps. I've heard every security who has worked there since the last 2 months the store has opened has quit or fired
Pros
Benefits/salary
Cons
Long hours, management, work
Was one of the best places I have worked, loved the people. All promotions are from outside the organization.Gym on site, low pay but discount on jackets
L'Ambience est belle, dès le début de la formation qui est rénumèrer l'entraide est là. L'entreprise est riche par sa diversité culturelle. L'horaire de travail qui est du lundi au jeudi de 7:00 à 16:00 et le vendredi de 7:00 à 12:00 fait en sorte d'avoir un plus grand week-end . Salaire payer à la pièce donc selon notre production peut devenir très intéressant! Nous effectuons là corrections de nos propre erreur de couture sur notre temps donc il est important d'effectuer un travaille de qualité dès les premiers instants, car il n'est pas évident d'effectuer la correction une fois le manteau terminer.. Les amitiés que je m'y suis fait sont demeuré même si j'ai quitée l'entreprise... Deux fois par année nous avons l'occasion d'acheter certains modèles de manteaux à prix moindre! Une prime pour référence nous est offert lorsque la personne reste plus de six mois au sein de l'entreprise et atteind le standard de production requis!
Cons
Dîner de 30 min .... Un peu cour mais on s'y fait
A nice place with nice people good behavior and excellent management. friendly environment and friendly co-workers. Th management were behaving kindly and respectfully. I have very good memory from working in Canada Goose.
Pros
Free breakfast and special breakfast in Fridays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Goose. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7