Canada Goose Employee Reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 40 reviews
Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
The most enjoyable part of the job
Commis plancher (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC10 February 2019
I got to talk with many different person with different kinds of personality which made my everyday of work fun. Overall it's a good workplace and I would recommend it.
Pros
Free Bagels every friday
Cons
long hours and early in the morning
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Aucune éthique
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2019
Cette compagnie n'a aucune éthique et cache la vérité aux clients concernant le traitement des animaux qui entrent dans la confection des manteaux. CG torture et tue de facon cruelle. Ceux et celles qui travaillent pour cette compagnie ignorent beaucoup sur plusieurs aspects ou le savent mais ne disent rien. Ceux-ci sont autant coupable de vendre des manteaux qui respirent la mort et la souffrance !! Shame on you Canada Goose !!
Pros
aucun
Cons
Très mauvaise éthique !!
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun place to work, terrible management
Logistics Coordinator + Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
Was one of the best places I have worked, loved the people. All promotions are from outside the organization.Gym on site, low pay but discount on jackets
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement de travail agréable et d'entraide
Couturière industrielle (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC27 November 2018
L'Ambience est belle, dès le début de la formation qui est rénumèrer l'entraide est là. L'entreprise est riche par sa diversité culturelle. L'horaire de travail qui est du lundi au jeudi de 7:00 à 16:00 et le vendredi de 7:00 à 12:00 fait en sorte d'avoir un plus grand week-end . Salaire payer à la pièce donc selon notre production peut devenir très intéressant! Nous effectuons là corrections de nos propre erreur de couture sur notre temps donc il est important d'effectuer un travaille de qualité dès les premiers instants, car il n'est pas évident d'effectuer la correction une fois le manteau terminer.. Les amitiés que je m'y suis fait sont demeuré même si j'ai quitée l'entreprise... Deux fois par année nous avons l'occasion d'acheter certains modèles de manteaux à prix moindre! Une prime pour référence nous est offert lorsque la personne reste plus de six mois au sein de l'entreprise et atteind le standard de production requis!
Cons
Dîner de 30 min .... Un peu cour mais on s'y fait
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 3Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nice Cafeteria
Packaging and Counting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
A nice place with nice people good behavior and excellent management. friendly environment and friendly co-workers. Th management were behaving kindly and respectfully. I have very good memory from working in Canada Goose.
Pros
Free breakfast and special breakfast in Fridays
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 3Report
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Sécurité d’emploi NUL
Couturière (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC9 November 2018
Loin d’être aussi agréable que ça l’en n’a l’air
La vitesse bien beau mais la qualité ???????

A revoir

50 Manteaux par jour à chaque employé
Inhumain

Une vrai joke
Pros
Café
Cons
Le temps de pauses est inclus aller/ retour et pas assez de machines à café👎😤
Was this review helpful?Yes 6No 7Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great Team to work with
Warranty Repair Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2018
A typical day at work would be going in to inspect jackets, alignment exercises and meetings. You work with consumer owned jackets and need to keep the work table organized in order to have the process go by faster.
Pros
Bagel Fridays. Easy-going Team-members
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 5Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Terrible work atmosphere
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
This company breaks several rules when it comes to breaks and scheduleing especially around the holidays. There’s a high expectancy on performance but a lot of cuts have been made to the employee bonus structure in the last few months.
Pros
Good discounts on products
Cons
Management shows a lot of favouritism towards certain employees.
Was this review helpful?Yes 25No 3Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
This place was kind of fun but management was a nightmare
Data Processor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Pretty typical millennial office to work in but the culture is pretty superficial and you're on;y as good as your last job duty. Loved my teammates and would absolutely work here again if they offered entry-level workers an actual chance to succeed (they didn't when I was there).
Was this review helpful?Yes 15No 1Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Consultant / Sales Audit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently without supervision

Good workplace culture

Hardest part of the job reconciling China Union Payments

Management gives you freedom to work out your issues
Pros
Subsidized Lunches
Cons
Good work culture
Was this review helpful?Yes 6No 6Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Amazing workplace culture
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Work load is very seasonal, the holiday season is very busy. I've learned a lot including teamworking, time management and how to develop good relationship with customer.
Was this review helpful?Yes 4No 7Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nice workplace
Bundler (Current Employee) –  Manitoba6 April 2018
Being under the training period of my probationary status is really challenging. I need to be familiarized the soonest in order have the benefits that I need as well as a higher compensation / salary.
Was this review helpful?Yes 9No 8Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fast paced high intensity environment
BRAND AMBASSADOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2018
The yorkdale canada goose flagship store is a very high volume store in a prime location. the environment is very high paced with very high sales goals. great benefits.
Was this review helpful?Yes 6No 8Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
overall the company is great
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Company is great but resources are stretched and the basic IT infrastructure is lacking. Management team is strong and awesome but ownership structure with Bain influences decisions.
Pros
Management
Cons
Infrastructure
Was this review helpful?Yes 7No 15Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good Place to Work
Manufacturing- Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I guess I am amongst the lucky ones that belongs to a great team in this company. If you wish a work life balance then this is a company that you should consider for. Considerate leaders that treat you not as numbers but as person and aims to strengthen each associates weakness. A place where camaraderie exist. There is no pointing finger but rather helping hands to solve any issues encounter. Each staff members are encourage to raise questions and suggestions to make daily task easy and more productive.
Pros
Bagel Friday; Company Discount
Cons
Benefits and Salary could be better
Was this review helpful?Yes 18No 26Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun workplace
Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 September 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning and packaging of finished products. The management was great and yeah the workplace was good. otherwise everything is ok.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
less time
Was this review helpful?Yes 3No 21Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
excellent environment.
industrial sewing machine operator (Former Employee) –  36 tycos dr, in tornto20 July 2017
Small company holding about 20 employees.
Very powerful with a strong energetic and courageous .....with an optimistic way of working.
Producing in between 250 to 300 coats per week.
Pros
normal breaks time scheduled
Cons
40 to 45 hrs a week.
Was this review helpful?Yes 7No 6Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good for first corporate job but not the best company overall
Marker Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
I was warned by friends that were already working there (or had worked there) that there is a lot of drama and politics. I was lucky enough to be in the only drama free department with a legitimately nice supervisor. I learned how a corporate company works but I didn't really advance career wise and knew its nearly impossible to at this company as they're not really a company that promotes a lot of people.

I know people in other departments were forced to use vacation days before to stay home once not out of their own choice. I know some employees had to work at home in order to finish the load of work which sometimes could be a bit unrealistic. Some managers/supervisors from other departments were bullies, condescending and inappropriate. I was told raises were always very minimal as well if given and they try to low-ball you when they first present your salary(I had to bargain for a more reasonable one). I knew taking this job would not allow me job security as I heard from many friends that they had a reputation for laying off a lot of employees with no justifiable reasons like myself. I took the job anyway because of the brand name, so if you wouldn't mind taking a risk of possibly not lasting long in this company just to put Canada Goose on your resume then go ahead. Otherwise if you want job security I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Bagel Fridays, Gym Facility
Cons
Bad politics, drama, no job security, low salary
Was this review helpful?Yes 54No 7Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good company. I learned many things, new knowledge and skills. Co-workers are cooperative and approachable. I'm still hoping they would hire me again.
Snap Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
This is my first job since I arrived here in Canada last September 2015. I am very grateful Canada Goose gave me the opportunity to work in their company. I resigned last March 29, 2017 because I went home in the Philippines for my daughter's wedding. I am now waiting and expecting for their call.
Was this review helpful?Yes 3No 36Report
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
toxic work environment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Lots of departmental opposition rather than teamwork as a company particularly between design and technical engineering departments. "Every man for himself" competition within the aforementioned departments. Managers lack expected experience and knowledge and therefore suppress talented and skilled subordinates thus maintaining a backward system and a toxic work environment.
Pros
company celebrations
Cons
emotionally negative working conditions
Was this review helpful?Yes 32No 2Report
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Goose. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

3.1
Based on 40 reviews
56
411
313
22
18

Ratings by category

2.9Work/Life Balance
2.7Salary/Benefits
2.5Job Security/Advancement
2.6Management
3.0Culture