Canada Goose Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail agréable et d'entraide
Couturière industrielle (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC27 November 2018
L'Ambience est belle, dès le début de la formation qui est rénumèrer l'entraide est là. L'entreprise est riche par sa diversité culturelle. L'horaire de travail qui est du lundi au jeudi de 7:00 à 16:00 et le vendredi de 7:00 à 12:00 fait en sorte d'avoir un plus grand week-end . Salaire payer à la pièce donc selon notre production peut devenir très intéressant! Nous effectuons là corrections de nos propre erreur de couture sur notre temps donc il est important d'effectuer un travaille de qualité dès les premiers instants, car il n'est pas évident d'effectuer la correction une fois le manteau terminer.. Les amitiés que je m'y suis fait sont demeuré même si j'ai quitée l'entreprise... Deux fois par année nous avons l'occasion d'acheter certains modèles de manteaux à prix moindre! Une prime pour référence nous est offert lorsque la personne reste plus de six mois au sein de l'entreprise et atteind le standard de production requis!
Cons
Dîner de 30 min .... Un peu cour mais on s'y fait
Nice Cafeteria
Packaging and Counting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
A nice place with nice people good behavior and excellent management. friendly environment and friendly co-workers. Th management were behaving kindly and respectfully. I have very good memory from working in Canada Goose.
Pros
Free breakfast and special breakfast in Fridays
Sécurité d’emploi NUL
Couturière (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC9 November 2018
Loin d’être aussi agréable que ça l’en n’a l’air
La vitesse bien beau mais la qualité ???????

A revoir

50 Manteaux par jour à chaque employé
Inhumain

Une vrai joke
Pros
Café
Cons
Le temps de pauses est inclus aller/ retour et pas assez de machines à café👎😤
Terrible work atmosphere
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
This company breaks several rules when it comes to breaks and scheduleing especially around the holidays. There’s a high expectancy on performance but a lot of cuts have been made to the employee bonus structure in the last few months.
Pros
Good discounts on products
Cons
Management shows a lot of favouritism towards certain employees.
This place was kind of fun but management was a nightmare
Data Processor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Pretty typical millennial office to work in but the culture is pretty superficial and you're on;y as good as your last job duty. Loved my teammates and would absolutely work here again if they offered entry-level workers an actual chance to succeed (they didn't when I was there).
Don’t waste your time here
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
After working here for an year I noticed how different it is.

I cannot work at a company that kills animals in an inhumane way like Canada Goode does .

I had to resign from my position. For anyone who wants to join the company, please do your research on how they obtain they fur and down.
The following errors occurred:
Pattern Maker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
The following errors occurred:
•Your Review is required.
•Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
•Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Consultant / Sales Audit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently without supervision

Good workplace culture

Hardest part of the job reconciling China Union Payments

Management gives you freedom to work out your issues
Pros
Subsidized Lunches
Cons
Good work culture
Amazing workplace culture
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Work load is very seasonal, the holiday season is very busy. I've learned a lot including teamworking, time management and how to develop good relationship with customer.
Nice workplace
Bundler (Current Employee) –  Manitoba6 April 2018
Being under the training period of my probationary status is really challenging. I need to be familiarized the soonest in order have the benefits that I need as well as a higher compensation / salary.
fast paced high intensity environment
BRAND AMBASSADOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 March 2018
The yorkdale canada goose flagship store is a very high volume store in a prime location. the environment is very high paced with very high sales goals. great benefits.
overall the company is great
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Company is great but resources are stretched and the basic IT infrastructure is lacking. Management team is strong and awesome but ownership structure with Bain influences decisions.
Pros
Cons
Infrastructure
Good Place to Work
Manufacturing- Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I guess I am amongst the lucky ones that belongs to a great team in this company. If you wish a work life balance then this is a company that you should consider for. Considerate leaders that treat you not as numbers but as person and aims to strengthen each associates weakness. A place where camaraderie exist. There is no pointing finger but rather helping hands to solve any issues encounter. Each staff members are encourage to raise questions and suggestions to make daily task easy and more productive.
Pros
Bagel Friday; Company Discount
Cons
Benefits and Salary could be better
Fun workplace
Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 September 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning and packaging of finished products. The management was great and yeah the workplace was good. otherwise everything is ok.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
less time
excellent environment.
industrial sewing machine operator (Former Employee) –  36 tycos dr, in tornto20 July 2017
Small company holding about 20 employees.
Very powerful with a strong energetic and courageous .....with an optimistic way of working.
Producing in between 250 to 300 coats per week.
Pros
normal breaks time scheduled
Cons
40 to 45 hrs a week.
Good for first corporate job but not the best company overall
Marker Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
I was warned by friends that were already working there (or had worked there) that there is a lot of drama and politics. I was lucky enough to be in the only drama free department with a legitimately nice supervisor. I learned how a corporate company works but I didn't really advance career wise and knew its nearly impossible to at this company as they're not really a company that promotes a lot of people.

I know people in other departments were forced to use vacation days before to stay home once not out of their own choice. I know some employees had to work at home in order to finish the load of work which sometimes could be a bit unrealistic. Some managers/supervisors from other departments were bullies, condescending and inappropriate. I was told raises were always very minimal as well if given and they try to low-ball you when they first present your salary(I had to bargain for a more reasonable one). I knew taking this job would not allow me job security as I heard from many friends that they had a reputation for laying off a lot of employees with no justifiable reasons like myself. I took the job anyway because of the brand name, so if you wouldn't mind taking a risk of possibly not lasting long in this company just to put Canada Goose on your resume then go ahead. Otherwise if you want job security I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Bagel Fridays, Gym Facility
Cons
Bad politics, drama, no job security, low salary
Good company. I learned many things, new knowledge and skills. Co-workers are cooperative and approachable. I'm still hoping they would hire me again.
Snap Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
This is my first job since I arrived here in Canada last September 2015. I am very grateful Canada Goose gave me the opportunity to work in their company. I resigned last March 29, 2017 because I went home in the Philippines for my daughter's wedding. I am now waiting and expecting for their call.
toxic work environment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Lots of departmental opposition rather than teamwork as a company particularly between design and technical engineering departments. "Every man for himself" competition within the aforementioned departments. Managers lack expected experience and knowledge and therefore suppress talented and skilled subordinates thus maintaining a backward system and a toxic work environment.
Pros
company celebrations
Cons
emotionally negative working conditions
Worked as Temp
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Tough to give a review after only being placed there for a month but will try.It was a young and vibrant workplace with a very impressive manufacturing plant. Did not feel very corporate, extremely laid back environment, their ERP system was based on Microsoft Dynamic AX.
Fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
Working at Canada Goose is such a privilege. I grew and learned so much on my work field. My colleague, manager, manufacturing director are very nice, they are very concern in each of their employee. They listen to our concern, motivate and inspire us to do better.
Pros
Friday Breakfast and employee recognition
Cons
Cons? I can't find any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Goose. Our community is ready to answer.