Canada Drives logo
Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Comfortable work environment!

Right from the beginning, my colleagues at Canada Drives have made the environment very comfortable for me. The training is quite thorough but if I have any questions, everyone is very helpful and patient with me. My managers check in with me to make sure I am not feeling overwhelmed or if I do want to take on more tasks, which I truly appreciate.

Pros

Sociable colleagues, health care

Cons

work can be repetitive (which is quite normal for any office job)

Fun place to work

Working at Canada drives for the last six months has been great. There are so many opportunities to grow within the company. It is a very fun work environment.

Awesome place to work would go back

I loved working here they gave you free food on a daily basis. I learned a lot about loans, personal loans. It was a good vibe. It was a sales postion

This job is what you make of it....

Okay so after working for this company for a while now i feel it's only fair to give my review of this place so far... Keep in mind I am in the auto side & not the Person Loans but I will get to that part. So what you will get from this job is a great understanding of credit, Sub Prime culture & sale techniques. The management here overall is not the greatest by any means I feel they can do better but some of them are great. They are focused solely on performance based so the turn over is high & the amount of hour's they expect you to put in is insane! You are either 100% devoted to this company or get out plain & simply no room for middle ground. The pay is not worth the amount of hours you may put in but if you are $$ driven then you can make a lot of money if you are okay selling vehicles that sometimes aren't road worthy... The people you will work with are great, I enjoy 90% of my co-workers so that's a big plus but overall this place isn't the greatest, we have poor costumer service & we are talked down to like kids if we have a bad day or two not good way to manage at all!! Pros" You will learn about sales,credit,loans Cons" Long hours 10+, Zero job security!!!, Low pay for the amount of work

Productive, but 100% performance based

If the company does not believe you are performing at least near maximum capacity and productivity they will not hesitate to fire/layoff you without warning. Very cutthroat business culture.

Good for starting a career, but the pay is fairly low.

Unfavorable working hours. Training is good as you will be trained until you are ready for the job. Workload is easy after you understand the whole process. Really low paying job when you start.

Take advantage of staff and customers

Working here was such a headache. Managers constantly disrespect and yell at you and you’re expected to put in long hours without pay. And I don't mean 1 extra hour I mean 10-11 hour days daily with a 30 minute break. I was told about the long hours during the interview but I thought I’d be compensated for them. I came in early to ask the HR manager about it and she didn’t answer my questions clearly, was not friendly, and was in the middle of putting on her makeup. I’ve actually seen her on dating apps before… not professional at all. Anyways, figured it out.. you don’t get paid for OT, they expect you to hit your bonuses and claim the bonuses are more lucrative than OT pay. Fast math kids, for the hours you put in and the average bonus you get out… you basically end up making minimum wage. Hard pass on this company.

Fantastic place to work

One of the most fun jobs that I have had, with the most money made. All the people who work the hardest, make the most money. So hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Easily the best sales team I have ever been a part of. A young, upbeat, fun culture. Great benefits. Could go on forever about how great the company is to work for.

Worst

Never been employed by someone with such unethical morals. Expect you to work extra and with no pay. Worst experience of my life and recommend you stay away

Fun work environment

Full of great people to work around although, the work can be very stressful. At the same time you gain a lot of great experience working in a high pressure sales environment.

Jobs at Canada Drives

See more jobs

Fast paced & room for advancement

Every day is different, it's always busy so there is a good energy to the office. The culture differs depending on which department you're in, in my experience they've all been great. Good perks, nice downtown location, and room for growth within the company (I have worked in a few different departments in my time here)

Productive environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.

I have been with Canada Drives for over a year now, I originally applied because I wanted to get out of a retail work environment, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it so much. The management team here is always so supportive and there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, I have never worked at a company that is so fast past but relaxed at the same time. But there are other perks too, the schedule is very accommodating, there is free food which is very convenient and time saving, and you are rewarded for your hard work. Sure it's a learning curve that first but there are so many people around who want you to succeed.

Pros

Free food, relaxed feel, great schedule, growth opportunities

Great place to grow!!

I started off in sales with no previous experience prior to starting. There was a weeks training that got me up to speed with new role. With the correct training and support from management I quickly moved up in the company to a more senior role. Canada Drives believes in promoting from within which is a huge part in why I joined the team. The hardest part of the job is holding yourself accountable in a performance based role. Not accepting you own excuses and pushing yourself to be your best. The best part about the job is the people! There is a fun culture with team events every month.

Fun work place

It is a good entry-level company to get yourself into the financial field. The people are great, different personalities. Everyone is very inspiring and they motivate you to work harder.

fun work place and great opportunity to make money

Very fun work environment , lot's of young motivated people all looking to make money. Great compensation , great staff, free food, free transit. All the tools are here for you to become successful.

I'm embarrassed to have this on my resume

This company is a joke. I've worked in sales for many years. I had an idea for what I was getting in to. I know its dirty... I just didn't know it could be this dirty. When you start they'll basically force feed you their training material which will prepare you to take advantage of disadvantaged people by selling them insanely high interest loans. You have two options in your first month: become just as dirty as them or get fired by HR. If you have morals or believe in karma then this is NOT the place for you. Managers are verbally abusive and will act as if its normal, if you don't preform they'll take away your chairs and make you stand till you make a sale, we weren't even allowed to participate in the buildings fire and earthquake drills... we were told to keep making sales. Is that even legal? We’re literally on the fault line for the big one. Also, If you voice your opinion they'll corroborate with HR to fire you. The managers here are all try hards that get off from putting workers down. They have no idea what they're doing or how to manage people. They use aggression and humiliation to inspire you to "hustle" and act as if they’re helping you “build a thick skin”. Sure, you get the transit pass, the benefits, team events, and the food stamp kitchen (slimy carrot sticks), but its at the cost of being treated and respected like an adult and/or a human being. If you haven’t learned “how to adult” this is a good place for you to get another round of high school in but do yourself a favor: grow up and get a real job. Personally I’ve had enough. I wont be including this place -

Pretty Okay Job

Canada Drives was not a great place to work, but not bad either. If you are in sales you will be selling products at subprime rates so will be working with clients who have a history of financial mishaps. You will be helping clients send in required documents and will be assessing if they qualify for a loan or another product. This position will teach you about credit building, finance, how to be assertive in conversations, and will develop your sales skills. These skills however come at the price of being yelled at over the phone, and feeling moral qualms over profiting from someones financial distress. That being said, the company itself offers a lot of perks to employees. They pay for transit passes, pay for your MSP, have a health and dental package, and have a full kitchen supplying breakfasts and lunches. The pay itself is not great but if you eat the food, drink the kool-aid, and use your benefits (why hello there 80% massage coverage) you can do alright for yourself.

Toxic

-Toxic work environment -most sales managers are just little kids playing manager..... they have no idea what they’re doing, the power just gets to their heads and they end up treating everyone poorly -very gossipy/ high school culture.... this is not by accident, senior management creates this culture -no job security - so many employees leave on a weekly basis

Amazing opportunities and fast growing company.

This company really rewards you for your hard work! So much opportunities within the company and you can get promoted very quickly if you are an outstanding individual. A bit of learning in the beginning, but if you are willing to learn and put in the effort you will be just fine! Team events are always fun and good vibes. Free food/coffee in the lunch room. Transit and benefits covered!

Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity

I started out here as an entry level employee and within one year was promoted to team manager. Huge growth opportunity. If you want a fun and challenging career I would suggest working here. Team events each month. Partial or fully paid transit. Great benefits.

Pros

Unlimited breakfast and lunch is provided, and there's always coffee to go around.

Cons

Commute is long, but worth it.

Amazing learning opportunity

Great place to learn about all aspects of vehicle sales, definitely one of the best places to learn and grow as a person and build your career! Fun team events every month and great people to work with as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Drives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement