Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews

Right from the beginning, my colleagues at Canada Drives have made the environment very comfortable for me. The training is quite thorough but if I have any questions, everyone is very helpful and patient with me. My managers check in with me to make sure I am not feeling overwhelmed or if I do want to take on more tasks, which I truly appreciate.
Pros
Sociable colleagues, health care
Cons
work can be repetitive (which is quite normal for any office job)
Not a typical credit place like most are used to. They prey on the unfortunate. They sell it as all sunshine and "we can definitely help you!". But the truth of it is much darker. Quotas are based on almost forcing a person to sign the documents, brushing over their concerns and then transferring them to an even more high-pressured "sales" person. Doing this job will leave you laying awake at night deciding where your morals and ethics lie.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Snake-oil sales
A lot of hard work is required from you for not a lot of pay. The way sales people are taught to act with customers and the way management deals with its staff is manipulative. You'll be micro managed 100% of the time to the minute and put down if you're not doing things exactly the way management wants. I think this is a good place for new sales people to start to get an idea of what this type of telephone sales is like and gain experience. Wouldn't recommend for the long term.
The logistics side of Canada drives is "managed" by a team of people that really don't know what they're doing,far to young and inexperienced I was mislead at the interview stage regarding the actual work i would be doing and how they operate as a company,they expect all costs of delivering cars to customers to fall on the driver including gassing up cars,paying for transit back to the yard,car washes,tires,repairs etc and then claiming it all back as expenses some drivers were spending $1500 every pay check! totally unreasonable for a company lots of people that work there are still on work visas make of that what you will the pay was okay but not the best for the hassle you got
Cons
dishonesty
TERRIBLE place to work. Extremley toxic enviornment and expect you to work like robots. Minimum 7 hours of calling people a day which is ridicilous, no other sales organization is this pushy. You will develop depression and become a toxic person by working here, and is extremley under paid.
Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.
I have been working at Canada drives for over 6 months now. The simplest way to put is you need to be willing to put in the hours for the first 3 months to really prove yourself and hit your numbers. However with the support of managers and colleagues the job itself is easy to pick up and you will hit senior pretty quickly if you prove yourself! The pay is great!! As long as you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded, I can promise you that!!
Pros
Pay, benefits, support from managers, fun/young and energetic atmosphere
Cons
Long hours for the first few months, stress to hit numbers
Canada Drives is a fun place to work at. Long hours but great benefits. There's many opportunities to grow. Be ready for a fast paced work environment!
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
There was a huge turnover rate Love the kitchen free food, loved working downtown Benefits are amazing The job is a bit iffy but people working there make a lot of money, it pays well for an entry level job for career advancement, good for experience thats about it.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Company is a bit iffy uh
It's a bunch of people playing to be entrepreneurs. Highschool ambient. If you don't care about messing with peoples money this place is for you. It's a very two faced place. They do not let you give any info about interest rates because it's very high and non convenient. Very non professional. They try so hard to be Hip that it gave me cringe. They'll make you stay extra with no pay.
Pros
Good money
Cons
So unprofessional that many people think it's a scam
Horrible place to work at. you are selling a product that does not help people. what you are selling is credit at a 45% interest rate to people who have bad credit.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not rewarding, long hours, management is overly pushy
Working at CanadaDrives has led me to a point in life where I never thought I'd be.The amount of money you're able to make is great, but I value everything I've learned from this job the most. This is a place where you can learn how credit works and how to utilize it properly. Also the sales training and feedback is great from managers as they always want to see you succeed. I enjoy working in a work environment where it's competitive, but can be fun and friendly at the same time.
Great management and work benefits. Free company breakfast and lunch served daily, excellent work atmosphere. A great starting point, but, remuneration is a bit low at the beginning.
The culture and the people in your team are the best, including managers. It is easy to work a lot and still enjoy the environment, some days are better than others. If you want to make a lot of money fast, you will need to sacrifice certain things, the satisfaction is that you get what you work for and the bonus truly answers how hard you work. The best people in the office do not blame the leads or people around them, because at the end of the day your positive attitude is what's going to help you get to the top. If you work hard, you will succeed.
Inexperienced individuals making decisions for too many people which just creates chaos, frustration and no job satisfaction. Haphazard management, unhappy employees, does not make for happy customers.
Great start up culture with young and hungry leaders making waves in the fintech industry. The company is always expanding, creating new products and entering new market. There is always something going on here. Its fun, its exciting and its easy to plug in and make a lot of money. The processes are well developed and we are always adapting the way we do things to truly meet the needs of the consumer. You need to be well adapted to change in this fast paced environment. Sales is not for the faint of heart but working here sure makes it all a lot easier. The kitchen is fully stocked and open all day for breakfast lunch and snacks with a LOADED salad bar ;)
If you work for CanadaDrives as a sales person, you have earned my respect as you have sold your soul to the devil. By working here, you have to screw mid/low class people over by offering them avg 15-30% interest rates on used cars that are nearly 100,000km with bi-weekly payment of $300 or more for 5-7 year term. Customers never gets to see the final price and they are rushed to sign documents so they dont think about it twice! There's lots of earning potential for sure but like I said, you have to sell your soul to the devil. If you don't care about moral ethics and humanity, you can make be an asset to this company. Also you have to work 9am-7pm monday-friday and sometimes you are pressured to come in Saturdays. There is no work life balance here.
I worked at Canada Drives for a little over 6 months and I enjoyed every single bit of it. After around 4 months, I had expressed my interest in going into a sales position to further challenge my strengths. (The Company is large and has an amazing array of different positions that can cater to anyone). I received 110% support during my transition into different roles. Every manager I was under did everything they could to guide me into the direction I wanted to go and help me grow. The hours are long and it is quite a learning curve - but you are being mentored by the best. The managers within the company ARE the best you will come across - they are your friends all while being your mentors. The work itself is fairly simple although, it takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do the job right. The pace and pressure IS heavy but refreshing. Every position takes time to get used to and not everyone stays long enough to just give the Company a proper chance and look at the benefits of working hard. People are fired/demoted/laid off simply because we do have a high bar to set. Everyone understands the work and discipline it takes to hold a position at this Company and lacking the skill to live up to that bar is why people get fired. In the work environment, everyone is professional. Outside of the work environment, people are friends - which allows you to step out of your shell professionally AND personally. I genuinely really like the CEO, I enjoyed my friends, I enjoyed my managers, I am thankful for all of the experience and wisdom I gained. Anyone who makes poor reviews - more...
10/10 Would recommend to anyone to work here! I have been working for about 1.5 years at this company and have been giving opportunities unlike anywhere else advancing from junior sales rep up to management! There is TONS of room for advancement and hard work never goes unnoticed. The pay is great and working here has greatly improved my personal life like moving downtown etc. If you are motivated and willing to work hard Canada Drives is the place for you.
I have been here for 2 years and I have had many opportunities to grow! If you are focused on growing, learning and making lots of money then this is the perfect place for you! You also meet a lot of people who you can connect with and learn from; Everyone's very welcoming and helpful!
Working at Canada drives for the last six months has been great. There are so many opportunities to grow within the company. It is a very fun work environment.
  1. Employee reviews