Canada Drives

Canada Drives Work-life balance reviews

Right from the beginning, my colleagues at Canada Drives have made the environment very comfortable for me. The training is quite thorough but if I have any questions, everyone is very helpful and patient with me. My managers check in with me to make sure I am not feeling overwhelmed or if I do want to take on more tasks, which I truly appreciate.
Pros
Sociable colleagues, health care
Cons
work can be repetitive (which is quite normal for any office job)
working here feels like a friendly, family-like atmosphere, in my experience managers have always been supportive, push you to grow and don't just see you as an employee. working from home is great!
Pros
opportunities to move up
Cons
sometimes difficult to get time off
I have worked with Canada drives and all I can say is management is very bad, they don’t want to help and they’re not there for you. Extremely disappointing and make you feel like you are less, very micro managing and not clear on instructions and expectations. They don’t know how to manage well the team and the boss will tell you something totally different then the others in your team then get mad at you for doing what others and those that trained you told you to do. They will not answer you once you leave the company and will hold money they own you, be advised.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no help, no training, no team atmosphere, micromanaging, don’t want to spend time with workers
If you are looking to get in to the office workplace, Canada Drives is the perfect entry level for you. You'll have people who will motivate and push you to be better. It may not be for everyone, but it is a great opportunity to experience.
Pros
Teams will push and motivate you.
Cons
No part-time. Sales tactics may be ethically questionable
It’s one of the easiest jobs I’ve ever had and they pay above industry standard. They hire quality people and is the most diverse workplace I’ve ever worked in.
Pros
Chill atmosphere
Cons
Lots of downtime
Great company to start or continue a sales career and test yourself to see what you're made of. Be ready to give your whole life to the work. You will be compensated properly, but it's all or nothing.
Basically I have been with this company for years now and I have seen a lot of things come and go including development and internal changing. I do appreciate how including during this time of the pandemic, that I have had (full hours) and we have been placed in a save environment which is our homes. And I glad we have been able to keep up with our lively hood and have continued to use our resources to create a foundation and good structure to keep us continuing forward as a whole.Come be apart of our CD family!
Pros
Free food, never have a need to buy/pack your lunches again!
Cons
Daily fatigue of office work.
Canada drives has given me opportunity to grow within the company. They are always challenging you to become better and to push through any difficult situations you end up in. They are a company that is striving to always become bigger and better and the foot is always on the gas!If you are up for a challenge and working among great coworkers, this is the place to be
Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Favoritisms are visible.
Generally your work day starts betwewen 8 and 9 and goes on until between 5:30-6:30. some roles have abnormal hours but nothing like a graveyard shift overnight.The culture is fun and jovial but you are expected to get your work done in a timely fashion. Anyone that can achieve that balance will move up in the company. We are all friends with each other
Pros
Health and Dental Insurance
Cons
Longer Hours, High pressure
I had no Idea about what I was doing in the start, but with a lot of help from the managers, as well as from colleagues and others from other departments, have found myself being more competent, not to mention confident, at work. People are always friendly, and always ready to help when they can.
Pros
Free lunches
Your experience will largely depend on your department. If you're in a more admin-type role, you'll make very little money, and there will be no room for growth. The work is repetitive -- once you get the job down, it's essentially just a war of attrition between you and the tedious work. If you slip up at all, you get harangued over it, even if it is just a couple of times in a month. Alternatively, you can work in sales, and try to climb your way up the ladder. You need to put in a lot of extra hours that you are not compensated for in order to hit targets, and receive an okay pay. In theory this is fine, except the product being sold is ethically dubious to say the least. If you are able to stomach plunging someone further into financial ruin for some extra money on your pay-cheque, and want to dedicate your time here to the job and "grinding", then I guess it's for you, but the business model turns my stomach. I was never in the sales department because of ethical concerns, but I felt guilty even collecting a pay-cheque with how the company makes its revenue.There is room for vertical growth in sales primarily, so if you are a driven person looking to "hustle" in a sales company downtown, the job could be good for you. I have seen people climb the ladder relatively quickly, so if you're good at the job and put in the hours you can be rewarded. That being said, if you do not take to the job quickly enough, or they find that you're too slow, or don't hit your numbers, you will be let go extremely fast. The turnover rate at this company is massive. If there is a trainee - more...
Pros
Free lunches and transit pass
Cons
Long hours, unforgiving work environment, faux-millenial sales vibes, loud workplace
Great place to work, engaging environment, supportive managers. Amazing co-workers. Lots of room to grow and advance. Compass card is subsidized and we have beer Fridays!
Awesome place to work and grow as a person. Anyone can move up within the company as long as they put out the effort and work needed. Management is great, if you have a problem they will address it. Managers often reward hard work and effort.You will learn valuable sales skills here that will help you later on.
Pros
Free food, coffee. Good management.
Cons
No cons I can really think of, as long as you put out the effort you'll have a great time here.
The company has strong emphasis on a respectful work environment between staff and also management. Management is also very good at putting trust in their staff to work and does not feel overbearing. Lunch/Coffee benefits and games room as well, good working hours as well.
Pros
Work environment, lunches, games, benefits
Cons
Can be long hours for some positions
Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.
I have been working at Canada drives for over 6 months now. The simplest way to put is you need to be willing to put in the hours for the first 3 months to really prove yourself and hit your numbers. However with the support of managers and colleagues the job itself is easy to pick up and you will hit senior pretty quickly if you prove yourself! The pay is great!! As long as you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded, I can promise you that!!
Pros
Pay, benefits, support from managers, fun/young and energetic atmosphere
Cons
Long hours for the first few months, stress to hit numbers
Canada Drives is a fun place to work at. Long hours but great benefits. There's many opportunities to grow. Be ready for a fast paced work environment!
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Horrible place to work at. you are selling a product that does not help people. what you are selling is credit at a 45% interest rate to people who have bad credit.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not rewarding, long hours, management is overly pushy
Working at CanadaDrives has led me to a point in life where I never thought I'd be.The amount of money you're able to make is great, but I value everything I've learned from this job the most. This is a place where you can learn how credit works and how to utilize it properly. Also the sales training and feedback is great from managers as they always want to see you succeed. I enjoy working in a work environment where it's competitive, but can be fun and friendly at the same time.
The culture and the people in your team are the best, including managers. It is easy to work a lot and still enjoy the environment, some days are better than others. If you want to make a lot of money fast, you will need to sacrifice certain things, the satisfaction is that you get what you work for and the bonus truly answers how hard you work. The best people in the office do not blame the leads or people around them, because at the end of the day your positive attitude is what's going to help you get to the top. If you work hard, you will succeed.