Canada Drives logo
Canada Drives

Canada Drives Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Lots of opportunity to grow.

Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits

Cons

Favoritisms are visible.

Terrible management

I have worked with Canada drives and all I can say is management is very bad, they don’t want to help and they’re not there for you. Extremely disappointing and make you feel like you are less, very micro managing and not clear on instructions and expectations. They don’t know how to manage well the team and the boss will tell you something totally different then the others in your team then get mad at you for doing what others and those that trained you told you to do. They will not answer you once you leave the company and will hold money they own you, be advised.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, no help, no training, no team atmosphere, micromanaging, don’t want to spend time with workers

Canada Drives is for competitive individuals wanting to get into sales

Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!

Pros

Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income

Cons

Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience

Productive company that is constantly looking to grow

Generally your work day starts betwewen 8 and 9 and goes on until between 5:30-6:30. some roles have abnormal hours but nothing like a graveyard shift overnight.The culture is fun and jovial but you are expected to get your work done in a timely fashion. Anyone that can achieve that balance will move up in the company. We are all friends with each other

Pros

Health and Dental Insurance

Cons

Longer Hours, High pressure

Fun & positive work environment

The company has strong emphasis on a respectful work environment between staff and also management. Management is also very good at putting trust in their staff to work and does not feel overbearing. Lunch/Coffee benefits and games room as well, good working hours as well.

Pros

Work environment, lunches, games, benefits

Cons

Can be long hours for some positions

Great experience so far!

I have been working at Canada drives for over 6 months now. The simplest way to put is you need to be willing to put in the hours for the first 3 months to really prove yourself and hit your numbers. However with the support of managers and colleagues the job itself is easy to pick up and you will hit senior pretty quickly if you prove yourself! The pay is great!! As long as you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded, I can promise you that!!

Pros

Pay, benefits, support from managers, fun/young and energetic atmosphere

Cons

Long hours for the first few months, stress to hit numbers

Great Working Environment

Canada Drives is a fun place to work at. Long hours but great benefits. There's many opportunities to grow. Be ready for a fast paced work environment!

Benefits

Cons

Long Hours

Hit or miss depends on your department

There was a huge turnover rate Love the kitchen free food, loved working downtown Benefits are amazing The job is a bit iffy but people working there make a lot of money, it pays well for an entry level job for career advancement, good for experience thats about it.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Company is a bit iffy uh

A joke

It's a bunch of people playing to be entrepreneurs. Highschool ambient. If you don't care about messing with peoples money this place is for you. It's a very two faced place. They do not let you give any info about interest rates because it's very high and non convenient. Very non professional. They try so hard to be Hip that it gave me cringe. They'll make you stay extra with no pay.

Pros

Good money

Cons

So unprofessional that many people think it's a scam

Great working environment and nice benefits

Great management and work benefits. Free company breakfast and lunch served daily, excellent work atmosphere. A great starting point, but, remuneration is a bit low at the beginning.

Jobs at Canada Drives

See more jobs

Opportunity to grow, professional environment!

I worked at Canada Drives for a little over 6 months and I enjoyed every single bit of it. After around 4 months, I had expressed my interest in going into a sales position to further challenge my strengths. (The Company is large and has an amazing array of different positions that can cater to anyone). I received 110% support during my transition into different roles. Every manager I was under did everything they could to guide me into the direction I wanted to go and help me grow. The hours are long and it is quite a learning curve - but you are being mentored by the best. The managers within the company ARE the best you will come across - they are your friends all while being your mentors. The work itself is fairly simple although, it takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do the job right. The pace and pressure IS heavy but refreshing. Every position takes time to get used to and not everyone stays long enough to just give the Company a proper chance and look at the benefits of working hard. People are fired/demoted/laid off simply because we do have a high bar to set. Everyone understands the work and discipline it takes to hold a position at this Company and lacking the skill to live up to that bar is why people get fired. In the work environment, everyone is professional. Outside of the work environment, people are friends - which allows you to step out of your shell professionally AND personally. I genuinely really like the CEO, I enjoyed my friends, I enjoyed my managers, I am thankful for all of the experience and wisdom I gained. Anyone who makes poor reviews -

Good for starting a career, but the pay is fairly low.

Unfavorable working hours. Training is good as you will be trained until you are ready for the job. Workload is easy after you understand the whole process. Really low paying job when you start.

Take advantage of staff and customers

Working here was such a headache. Managers constantly disrespect and yell at you and you’re expected to put in long hours without pay. And I don't mean 1 extra hour I mean 10-11 hour days daily with a 30 minute break. I was told about the long hours during the interview but I thought I’d be compensated for them. I came in early to ask the HR manager about it and she didn’t answer my questions clearly, was not friendly, and was in the middle of putting on her makeup. I’ve actually seen her on dating apps before… not professional at all. Anyways, figured it out.. you don’t get paid for OT, they expect you to hit your bonuses and claim the bonuses are more lucrative than OT pay. Fast math kids, for the hours you put in and the average bonus you get out… you basically end up making minimum wage. Hard pass on this company.

Fantastic place to work

One of the most fun jobs that I have had, with the most money made. All the people who work the hardest, make the most money. So hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Easily the best sales team I have ever been a part of. A young, upbeat, fun culture. Great benefits. Could go on forever about how great the company is to work for.

fun work place and great opportunity to make money

Very fun work environment , lot's of young motivated people all looking to make money. Great compensation , great staff, free food, free transit. All the tools are here for you to become successful.

I'm embarrassed to have this on my resume

This company is a joke. I've worked in sales for many years. I had an idea for what I was getting in to. I know its dirty... I just didn't know it could be this dirty. When you start they'll basically force feed you their training material which will prepare you to take advantage of disadvantaged people by selling them insanely high interest loans. You have two options in your first month: become just as dirty as them or get fired by HR. If you have morals or believe in karma then this is NOT the place for you. Managers are verbally abusive and will act as if its normal, if you don't preform they'll take away your chairs and make you stand till you make a sale, we weren't even allowed to participate in the buildings fire and earthquake drills... we were told to keep making sales. Is that even legal? We’re literally on the fault line for the big one. Also, If you voice your opinion they'll corroborate with HR to fire you. The managers here are all try hards that get off from putting workers down. They have no idea what they're doing or how to manage people. They use aggression and humiliation to inspire you to "hustle" and act as if they’re helping you “build a thick skin”. Sure, you get the transit pass, the benefits, team events, and the food stamp kitchen (slimy carrot sticks), but its at the cost of being treated and respected like an adult and/or a human being. If you haven’t learned “how to adult” this is a good place for you to get another round of high school in but do yourself a favor: grow up and get a real job. Personally I’ve had enough. I wont be including this place -

Pretty Okay Job

Canada Drives was not a great place to work, but not bad either. If you are in sales you will be selling products at subprime rates so will be working with clients who have a history of financial mishaps. You will be helping clients send in required documents and will be assessing if they qualify for a loan or another product. This position will teach you about credit building, finance, how to be assertive in conversations, and will develop your sales skills. These skills however come at the price of being yelled at over the phone, and feeling moral qualms over profiting from someones financial distress. That being said, the company itself offers a lot of perks to employees. They pay for transit passes, pay for your MSP, have a health and dental package, and have a full kitchen supplying breakfasts and lunches. The pay itself is not great but if you eat the food, drink the kool-aid, and use your benefits (why hello there 80% massage coverage) you can do alright for yourself.

Amazing opportunities and fast growing company.

This company really rewards you for your hard work! So much opportunities within the company and you can get promoted very quickly if you are an outstanding individual. A bit of learning in the beginning, but if you are willing to learn and put in the effort you will be just fine! Team events are always fun and good vibes. Free food/coffee in the lunch room. Transit and benefits covered!

Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity

I started out here as an entry level employee and within one year was promoted to team manager. Huge growth opportunity. If you want a fun and challenging career I would suggest working here. Team events each month. Partial or fully paid transit. Great benefits.

Pros

Unlimited breakfast and lunch is provided, and there's always coffee to go around.

Cons

Commute is long, but worth it.

Productive work place

Nice place to work beginning your financial career

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours sitting on a chair

HUGE Probability for Advancement and GREAT wage

I advanced quickly through the company HARD work is noticed. You get what you put into it. Really good pay. Free meals, coffee etc. 100% Transit reimbursement after three months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Drives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement