Canada Drives

Canada Drives Management reviews

Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Favoritisms are visible.
I've been at Canada Drives since March 2017. It has been a good 4 years. They have hired good staff and have good people in management. Dealing with upset customers can be a bit difficult but that's a given with any company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work from home
I have worked with Canada drives and all I can say is management is very bad, they don’t want to help and they’re not there for you. Extremely disappointing and make you feel like you are less, very micro managing and not clear on instructions and expectations. They don’t know how to manage well the team and the boss will tell you something totally different then the others in your team then get mad at you for doing what others and those that trained you told you to do. They will not answer you once you leave the company and will hold money they own you, be advised.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no help, no training, no team atmosphere, micromanaging, don’t want to spend time with workers
I worked at Canada Drives for 1 year once COVID hit they seized the opportunity for company restructuring overnight. If you’re in sales you can do well by becoming best friends with management, if they don’t like you, you won’t do well. You will be gaslighted, bullied into quitting despite your skills.You are also expected to put in a lot of unpaid overtime before you make bonuses. In customer service positions, you’re expected to “save the sale” without receiving any commission yourself. If you keep quiet, don’t ask questions and just put your head down you can do well in customer service. My favourite parts of working there were Team events: being able to try different restaurants or hot spots with coworkers outside of work.Fully stocked kitchen (cancelled this due to covid.)Great coffee, all you can eat salads, friendly helpful kitchen staff.Canada drives has an extremely high turnover rate, new training groups would start every other week. “Grind Culture” is normalized and staff are expected to work sick resulting in colds / flus constantly circulating in the office. Only when COVID hit did they start saying “don’t come in if your sick.”Canada drives needs to start valuing their non sales employees and paying them a living wage for Vancouver.
Pros
Free lunches, team events
Cons
Unorganized, Not allowed to be sick, favouritism, toxic culture, high turnover, low pay.
Awesome place to work and grow as a person. Anyone can move up within the company as long as they put out the effort and work needed. Management is great, if you have a problem they will address it. Managers often reward hard work and effort.You will learn valuable sales skills here that will help you later on.
Pros
Free food, coffee. Good management.
Cons
No cons I can really think of, as long as you put out the effort you'll have a great time here.
The company has strong emphasis on a respectful work environment between staff and also management. Management is also very good at putting trust in their staff to work and does not feel overbearing. Lunch/Coffee benefits and games room as well, good working hours as well.
Pros
Work environment, lunches, games, benefits
Cons
Can be long hours for some positions
Not a typical credit place like most are used to. They prey on the unfortunate. They sell it as all sunshine and "we can definitely help you!". But the truth of it is much darker. Quotas are based on almost forcing a person to sign the documents, brushing over their concerns and then transferring them to an even more high-pressured "sales" person. Doing this job will leave you laying awake at night deciding where your morals and ethics lie.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Snake-oil sales
A lot of hard work is required from you for not a lot of pay. The way sales people are taught to act with customers and the way management deals with its staff is manipulative. You'll be micro managed 100% of the time to the minute and put down if you're not doing things exactly the way management wants. I think this is a good place for new sales people to start to get an idea of what this type of telephone sales is like and gain experience. Wouldn't recommend for the long term.
TERRIBLE place to work. Extremley toxic enviornment and expect you to work like robots. Minimum 7 hours of calling people a day which is ridicilous, no other sales organization is this pushy. You will develop depression and become a toxic person by working here, and is extremley under paid.
Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canada Drives?
It's a bunch of people playing to be entrepreneurs. Highschool ambient. If you don't care about messing with peoples money this place is for you. It's a very two faced place. They do not let you give any info about interest rates because it's very high and non convenient. Very non professional. They try so hard to be Hip that it gave me cringe. They'll make you stay extra with no pay.
Pros
Good money
Cons
So unprofessional that many people think it's a scam
Horrible place to work at. you are selling a product that does not help people. what you are selling is credit at a 45% interest rate to people who have bad credit.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not rewarding, long hours, management is overly pushy
Great management and work benefits. Free company breakfast and lunch served daily, excellent work atmosphere. A great starting point, but, remuneration is a bit low at the beginning.
Inexperienced individuals making decisions for too many people which just creates chaos, frustration and no job satisfaction. Haphazard management, unhappy employees, does not make for happy customers.
10/10 Would recommend to anyone to work here! I have been working for about 1.5 years at this company and have been giving opportunities unlike anywhere else advancing from junior sales rep up to management! There is TONS of room for advancement and hard work never goes unnoticed. The pay is great and working here has greatly improved my personal life like moving downtown etc. If you are motivated and willing to work hard Canada Drives is the place for you.
Okay so after working for this company for a while now i feel it's only fair to give my review of this place so far... Keep in mind I am in the auto side & not the Person Loans but I will get to that part. So what you will get from this job is a great understanding of credit, Sub Prime culture & sale techniques. The management here overall is not the greatest by any means I feel they can do better but some of them are great. They are focused solely on performance based so the turn over is high & the amount of hour's they expect you to put in is insane! You are either 100% devoted to this company or get out plain & simply no room for middle ground. The pay is not worth the amount of hours you may put in but if you are $$ driven then you can make a lot of money if you are okay selling vehicles that sometimes aren't road worthy... The people you will work with are great, I enjoy 90% of my co-workers so that's a big plus but overall this place isn't the greatest, we have poor costumer service & we are talked down to like kids if we have a bad day or two not good way to manage at all!! Pros" You will learn about sales,credit,loans Cons" Long hours 10+, Zero job security!!!, Low pay for the amount of work
If the company does not believe you are performing at least near maximum capacity and productivity they will not hesitate to fire/layoff you without warning. Very cutthroat business culture.
Never been employed by someone with such unethical morals. Expect you to work extra and with no pay. Worst experience of my life and recommend you stay away
I have been with Canada Drives for over a year now, I originally applied because I wanted to get out of a retail work environment, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it so much. The management team here is always so supportive and there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, I have never worked at a company that is so fast past but relaxed at the same time. But there are other perks too, the schedule is very accommodating, there is free food which is very convenient and time saving, and you are rewarded for your hard work. Sure it's a learning curve that first but there are so many people around who want you to succeed.
Pros
Free food, relaxed feel, great schedule, growth opportunities
I started off in sales with no previous experience prior to starting. There was a weeks training that got me up to speed with new role. With the correct training and support from management I quickly moved up in the company to a more senior role. Canada Drives believes in promoting from within which is a huge part in why I joined the team. The hardest part of the job is holding yourself accountable in a performance based role. Not accepting you own excuses and pushing yourself to be your best. The best part about the job is the people! There is a fun culture with team events every month.
This company is a joke. I've worked in sales for many years. I had an idea for what I was getting in to. I know its dirty... I just didn't know it could be this dirty. When you start they'll basically force feed you their training material which will prepare you to take advantage of disadvantaged people by selling them insanely high interest loans. You have two options in your first month: become just as dirty as them or get fired by HR. If you have morals or believe in karma then this is NOT the place for you. Managers are verbally abusive and will act as if its normal, if you don't preform they'll take away your chairs and make you stand till you make a sale, we weren't even allowed to participate in the buildings fire and earthquake drills... we were told to keep making sales. Is that even legal? We’re literally on the fault line for the big one. Also, If you voice your opinion they'll corroborate with HR to fire you. The managers here are all try hards that get off from putting workers down. They have no idea what they're doing or how to manage people. They use aggression and humiliation to inspire you to "hustle" and act as if they’re helping you “build a thick skin”. Sure, you get the transit pass, the benefits, team events, and the food stamp kitchen (slimy carrot sticks), but its at the cost of being treated and respected like an adult and/or a human being. If you haven’t learned “how to adult” this is a good place for you to get another round of high school in but do yourself a favor: grow up and get a real job. Personally I’ve had enough. I wont be including this place - more...