Canada Drives

Canada Drives Job security & advancement reviews

Great company to start or continue a sales career and test yourself to see what you're made of. Be ready to give your whole life to the work. You will be compensated properly, but it's all or nothing.
I've been at Canada Drives since March 2017. It has been a good 4 years. They have hired good staff and have good people in management. Dealing with upset customers can be a bit difficult but that's a given with any company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work from home
Basically I have been with this company for years now and I have seen a lot of things come and go including development and internal changing. I do appreciate how including during this time of the pandemic, that I have had (full hours) and we have been placed in a save environment which is our homes. And I glad we have been able to keep up with our lively hood and have continued to use our resources to create a foundation and good structure to keep us continuing forward as a whole.Come be apart of our CD family!
Pros
Free food, never have a need to buy/pack your lunches again!
Cons
Daily fatigue of office work.
Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!
Pros
Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income
Cons
Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience
Canada drives has given me opportunity to grow within the company. They are always challenging you to become better and to push through any difficult situations you end up in. They are a company that is striving to always become bigger and better and the foot is always on the gas!If you are up for a challenge and working among great coworkers, this is the place to be
Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Favoritisms are visible.
Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.
Canada Drives is a fun place to work at. Long hours but great benefits. There's many opportunities to grow. Be ready for a fast paced work environment!
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
There was a huge turnover rate Love the kitchen free food, loved working downtown Benefits are amazing The job is a bit iffy but people working there make a lot of money, it pays well for an entry level job for career advancement, good for experience thats about it.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Company is a bit iffy uh
I worked at Canada Drives for a little over 6 months and I enjoyed every single bit of it. After around 4 months, I had expressed my interest in going into a sales position to further challenge my strengths. (The Company is large and has an amazing array of different positions that can cater to anyone). I received 110% support during my transition into different roles. Every manager I was under did everything they could to guide me into the direction I wanted to go and help me grow. The hours are long and it is quite a learning curve - but you are being mentored by the best. The managers within the company ARE the best you will come across - they are your friends all while being your mentors. The work itself is fairly simple although, it takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do the job right. The pace and pressure IS heavy but refreshing. Every position takes time to get used to and not everyone stays long enough to just give the Company a proper chance and look at the benefits of working hard. People are fired/demoted/laid off simply because we do have a high bar to set. Everyone understands the work and discipline it takes to hold a position at this Company and lacking the skill to live up to that bar is why people get fired. In the work environment, everyone is professional. Outside of the work environment, people are friends - which allows you to step out of your shell professionally AND personally. I genuinely really like the CEO, I enjoyed my friends, I enjoyed my managers, I am thankful for all of the experience and wisdom I gained. Anyone who makes poor reviews - more...
10/10 Would recommend to anyone to work here! I have been working for about 1.5 years at this company and have been giving opportunities unlike anywhere else advancing from junior sales rep up to management! There is TONS of room for advancement and hard work never goes unnoticed. The pay is great and working here has greatly improved my personal life like moving downtown etc. If you are motivated and willing to work hard Canada Drives is the place for you.
I have been here for 2 years and I have had many opportunities to grow! If you are focused on growing, learning and making lots of money then this is the perfect place for you! You also meet a lot of people who you can connect with and learn from; Everyone's very welcoming and helpful!
Working at Canada drives for the last six months has been great. There are so many opportunities to grow within the company. It is a very fun work environment.
Okay so after working for this company for a while now i feel it's only fair to give my review of this place so far... Keep in mind I am in the auto side & not the Person Loans but I will get to that part. So what you will get from this job is a great understanding of credit, Sub Prime culture & sale techniques. The management here overall is not the greatest by any means I feel they can do better but some of them are great. They are focused solely on performance based so the turn over is high & the amount of hour's they expect you to put in is insane! You are either 100% devoted to this company or get out plain & simply no room for middle ground. The pay is not worth the amount of hours you may put in but if you are $$ driven then you can make a lot of money if you are okay selling vehicles that sometimes aren't road worthy... The people you will work with are great, I enjoy 90% of my co-workers so that's a big plus but overall this place isn't the greatest, we have poor costumer service & we are talked down to like kids if we have a bad day or two not good way to manage at all!! Pros" You will learn about sales,credit,loans Cons" Long hours 10+, Zero job security!!!, Low pay for the amount of work
Every day is different, it's always busy so there is a good energy to the office. The culture differs depending on which department you're in, in my experience they've all been great. Good perks, nice downtown location, and room for growth within the company (I have worked in a few different departments in my time here)
I have been with Canada Drives for over a year now, I originally applied because I wanted to get out of a retail work environment, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it so much. The management team here is always so supportive and there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, I have never worked at a company that is so fast past but relaxed at the same time. But there are other perks too, the schedule is very accommodating, there is free food which is very convenient and time saving, and you are rewarded for your hard work. Sure it's a learning curve that first but there are so many people around who want you to succeed.
Pros
Free food, relaxed feel, great schedule, growth opportunities
I started off in sales with no previous experience prior to starting. There was a weeks training that got me up to speed with new role. With the correct training and support from management I quickly moved up in the company to a more senior role. Canada Drives believes in promoting from within which is a huge part in why I joined the team. The hardest part of the job is holding yourself accountable in a performance based role. Not accepting you own excuses and pushing yourself to be your best. The best part about the job is the people! There is a fun culture with team events every month.
It is a good entry-level company to get yourself into the financial field. The people are great, different personalities. Everyone is very inspiring and they motivate you to work harder.
This company is a joke. I've worked in sales for many years. I had an idea for what I was getting in to. I know its dirty... I just didn't know it could be this dirty. When you start they'll basically force feed you their training material which will prepare you to take advantage of disadvantaged people by selling them insanely high interest loans. You have two options in your first month: become just as dirty as them or get fired by HR. If you have morals or believe in karma then this is NOT the place for you. Managers are verbally abusive and will act as if its normal, if you don't preform they'll take away your chairs and make you stand till you make a sale, we weren't even allowed to participate in the buildings fire and earthquake drills... we were told to keep making sales. Is that even legal? We’re literally on the fault line for the big one. Also, If you voice your opinion they'll corroborate with HR to fire you. The managers here are all try hards that get off from putting workers down. They have no idea what they're doing or how to manage people. They use aggression and humiliation to inspire you to "hustle" and act as if they’re helping you “build a thick skin”. Sure, you get the transit pass, the benefits, team events, and the food stamp kitchen (slimy carrot sticks), but its at the cost of being treated and respected like an adult and/or a human being. If you haven’t learned “how to adult” this is a good place for you to get another round of high school in but do yourself a favor: grow up and get a real job. Personally I’ve had enough. I wont be including this place - more...
-Toxic work environment -most sales managers are just little kids playing manager..... they have no idea what they’re doing, the power just gets to their heads and they end up treating everyone poorly -very gossipy/ high school culture.... this is not by accident, senior management creates this culture -no job security - so many employees leave on a weekly basis
This company really rewards you for your hard work! So much opportunities within the company and you can get promoted very quickly if you are an outstanding individual. A bit of learning in the beginning, but if you are willing to learn and put in the effort you will be just fine! Team events are always fun and good vibes. Free food/coffee in the lunch room. Transit and benefits covered!
  1. Job Security & Advancement