Canada Drives

Canada Drives Culture reviews

The co-workers are very nice and there is a nice company culture. Interaction between team mates and even managers can feel more like friendly banter which helps make the environment more welcoming and relaxed. Managers also help you out when you are falling behind. The job itself can be a bit grindy but it has nice moments when you strike up a nice conversation with the clients and get lots of sales.
Pros
Company culture, free food
Cons
Grindy
Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!
Pros
Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income
Cons
Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience
Generally your work day starts betwewen 8 and 9 and goes on until between 5:30-6:30. some roles have abnormal hours but nothing like a graveyard shift overnight.The culture is fun and jovial but you are expected to get your work done in a timely fashion. Anyone that can achieve that balance will move up in the company. We are all friends with each other
Pros
Health and Dental Insurance
Cons
Longer Hours, High pressure
I worked at Canada Drives for 1 year once COVID hit they seized the opportunity for company restructuring overnight. If you’re in sales you can do well by becoming best friends with management, if they don’t like you, you won’t do well. You will be gaslighted, bullied into quitting despite your skills.You are also expected to put in a lot of unpaid overtime before you make bonuses. In customer service positions, you’re expected to “save the sale” without receiving any commission yourself. If you keep quiet, don’t ask questions and just put your head down you can do well in customer service. My favourite parts of working there were Team events: being able to try different restaurants or hot spots with coworkers outside of work.Fully stocked kitchen (cancelled this due to covid.)Great coffee, all you can eat salads, friendly helpful kitchen staff.Canada drives has an extremely high turnover rate, new training groups would start every other week. “Grind Culture” is normalized and staff are expected to work sick resulting in colds / flus constantly circulating in the office. Only when COVID hit did they start saying “don’t come in if your sick.”Canada drives needs to start valuing their non sales employees and paying them a living wage for Vancouver.
Pros
Free lunches, team events
Cons
Unorganized, Not allowed to be sick, favouritism, toxic culture, high turnover, low pay.
Great place to work, engaging environment, supportive managers. Amazing co-workers. Lots of room to grow and advance. Compass card is subsidized and we have beer Fridays!
Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.
Working at CanadaDrives has led me to a point in life where I never thought I'd be.The amount of money you're able to make is great, but I value everything I've learned from this job the most. This is a place where you can learn how credit works and how to utilize it properly. Also the sales training and feedback is great from managers as they always want to see you succeed. I enjoy working in a work environment where it's competitive, but can be fun and friendly at the same time.
The culture and the people in your team are the best, including managers. It is easy to work a lot and still enjoy the environment, some days are better than others. If you want to make a lot of money fast, you will need to sacrifice certain things, the satisfaction is that you get what you work for and the bonus truly answers how hard you work. The best people in the office do not blame the leads or people around them, because at the end of the day your positive attitude is what's going to help you get to the top. If you work hard, you will succeed.
Great start up culture with young and hungry leaders making waves in the fintech industry. The company is always expanding, creating new products and entering new market. There is always something going on here. Its fun, its exciting and its easy to plug in and make a lot of money. The processes are well developed and we are always adapting the way we do things to truly meet the needs of the consumer. You need to be well adapted to change in this fast paced environment. Sales is not for the faint of heart but working here sure makes it all a lot easier. The kitchen is fully stocked and open all day for breakfast lunch and snacks with a LOADED salad bar ;)
Okay so after working for this company for a while now i feel it's only fair to give my review of this place so far... Keep in mind I am in the auto side & not the Person Loans but I will get to that part. So what you will get from this job is a great understanding of credit, Sub Prime culture & sale techniques. The management here overall is not the greatest by any means I feel they can do better but some of them are great. They are focused solely on performance based so the turn over is high & the amount of hour's they expect you to put in is insane! You are either 100% devoted to this company or get out plain & simply no room for middle ground. The pay is not worth the amount of hours you may put in but if you are $$ driven then you can make a lot of money if you are okay selling vehicles that sometimes aren't road worthy... The people you will work with are great, I enjoy 90% of my co-workers so that's a big plus but overall this place isn't the greatest, we have poor costumer service & we are talked down to like kids if we have a bad day or two not good way to manage at all!! Pros" You will learn about sales,credit,loans Cons" Long hours 10+, Zero job security!!!, Low pay for the amount of work
If the company does not believe you are performing at least near maximum capacity and productivity they will not hesitate to fire/layoff you without warning. Very cutthroat business culture.
One of the most fun jobs that I have had, with the most money made. All the people who work the hardest, make the most money. So hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Easily the best sales team I have ever been a part of. A young, upbeat, fun culture. Great benefits. Could go on forever about how great the company is to work for.
Every day is different, it's always busy so there is a good energy to the office. The culture differs depending on which department you're in, in my experience they've all been great. Good perks, nice downtown location, and room for growth within the company (I have worked in a few different departments in my time here)
I started off in sales with no previous experience prior to starting. There was a weeks training that got me up to speed with new role. With the correct training and support from management I quickly moved up in the company to a more senior role. Canada Drives believes in promoting from within which is a huge part in why I joined the team. The hardest part of the job is holding yourself accountable in a performance based role. Not accepting you own excuses and pushing yourself to be your best. The best part about the job is the people! There is a fun culture with team events every month.
It is a good entry-level company to get yourself into the financial field. The people are great, different personalities. Everyone is very inspiring and they motivate you to work harder.
Very fun work environment , lot's of young motivated people all looking to make money. Great compensation , great staff, free food, free transit. All the tools are here for you to become successful.
-Toxic work environment -most sales managers are just little kids playing manager..... they have no idea what they’re doing, the power just gets to their heads and they end up treating everyone poorly -very gossipy/ high school culture.... this is not by accident, senior management creates this culture -no job security - so many employees leave on a weekly basis
Great place to learn about all aspects of vehicle sales, definitely one of the best places to learn and grow as a person and build your career! Fun team events every month and great people to work with as well.
Arriving on the 6th floor with a great work team. The training is very minimal; you learn more as you go. The management is friendly and they will coach you on whatever needs fixing. The workplace is welcoming, with a lot of perks. The hardest part of the job is conveying the value of the product to a lot of customers who have little understanding of what they signed up with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced call volume, so you always know you are working.
I'm challenged to become better each day while being given the tools to do so. Work environment is great, teammates are great, owners are great. Since starting at Canada Drives they've always given me a game plan to get to the next level. They've never once dangled a carrot in front of my face and have always been honest.
Pros
Co workers, money, honest feedback
Cons
Canada Drives will provide you with many opportunities to prove yourself and be rewarded for it. I was in university and working part-time when I joined Canada Drives. I had not made more than 20k/year before joining this company. I was working odd jobs, making little money. Canada Drives was meant to be a gig when I joined. But that changed. I saw an opportunity, and decided to put school on hold and quit my other jobs. I put all my energy into this job. I took feedback from my superiors, and applied it exactly like they said. And it paid off, big time. Here I am less than 2 years later, working in a team of elite sales-people, on the verge of a promotion, and making as much or even more money than an experienced lawyer. 10-15k a month consistently. The truth of it all is, there is no secret code to succeeding at this company. Listen to management, and apply their feedback. They are not out to get you, they want you to succeed. Your success is their success. The culture is vibrant, young, money-motivated, and above all, extremely positive. There is nothing hard about this job. The hardest thing you need to overcome is your self-doubts. Anybody from any background can do this job and succeed if they are willing to learn and work hard. Our team is extremely diverse, with people from all over the world. Regardless of who you are, if you to have a burning desire to succeed, then this is the company for you. You will have endless support and the tools to reach your goals. All you need to have is a willingness to learn, apply feedback, and work hard.
Pros
Free lunch, free transit pass, lots of opportunites