Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Favoritisms are visible.
A lot of hard work is required from you for not a lot of pay. The way sales people are taught to act with customers and the way management deals with its staff is manipulative. You'll be micro managed 100% of the time to the minute and put down if you're not doing things exactly the way management wants. I think this is a good place for new sales people to start to get an idea of what this type of telephone sales is like and gain experience. Wouldn't recommend for the long term.
Working here was such a headache. Managers constantly disrespect and yell at you and you’re expected to put in long hours without pay. And I don't mean 1 extra hour I mean 10-11 hour days daily with a 30 minute break. I was told about the long hours during the interview but I thought I’d be compensated for them. I came in early to ask the HR manager about it and she didn’t answer my questions clearly, was not friendly, and was in the middle of putting on her makeup. I’ve actually seen her on dating apps before… not professional at all. Anyways, figured it out.. you don’t get paid for OT, they expect you to hit your bonuses and claim the bonuses are more lucrative than OT pay. Fast math kids, for the hours you put in and the average bonus you get out… you basically end up making minimum wage. Hard pass on this company.
This company is a joke. I've worked in sales for many years. I had an idea for what I was getting in to. I know its dirty... I just didn't know it could be this dirty. When you start they'll basically force feed you their training material which will prepare you to take advantage of disadvantaged people by selling them insanely high interest loans. You have two options in your first month: become just as dirty as them or get fired by HR. If you have morals or believe in karma then this is NOT the place for you. Managers are verbally abusive and will act as if its normal, if you don't preform they'll take away your chairs and make you stand till you make a sale, we weren't even allowed to participate in the buildings fire and earthquake drills... we were told to keep making sales. Is that even legal? We’re literally on the fault line for the big one. Also, If you voice your opinion they'll corroborate with HR to fire you. The managers here are all try hards that get off from putting workers down. They have no idea what they're doing or how to manage people. They use aggression and humiliation to inspire you to "hustle" and act as if they’re helping you “build a thick skin”. Sure, you get the transit pass, the benefits, team events, and the food stamp kitchen (slimy carrot sticks), but its at the cost of being treated and respected like an adult and/or a human being. If you haven’t learned “how to adult” this is a good place for you to get another round of high school in but do yourself a favor: grow up and get a real job. Personally I’ve had enough. I wont be including this place - more...
-Toxic work environment -most sales managers are just little kids playing manager..... they have no idea what they’re doing, the power just gets to their heads and they end up treating everyone poorly -very gossipy/ high school culture.... this is not by accident, senior management creates this culture -no job security - so many employees leave on a weekly basis
If you're fresh out of high school and want to go work in a chaotic and immature call center then this is the place for you. Enjoy financially destroying the lives of susceptible Canadians.
In short this is my time at Canada Drives: I moved up quickly, (senior sales in 3 months). I learned more than I ever thought I would. I went on a fully paid trip to Amsterdam. I asked for 3.5 weeks off for Christmas and they didn't hesitate to say yes. Best of all I made friends and skills for life. It's not for the faint of heart if you're in a sales position (no sales office is I don't think) but overall it's been very fair working here. I've been compensated extremely well, I never thought I would make this kind of money. I moved downtown, I drive a nice car, I got big plans because of this place. If you work hard, you ACTUALLY get paid a lot here. I've wasted my time at other company's who claim to pay you after you hit a number or put in a certain amount of time but they never ended up giving me much. At Canada Drives it's totally achievable, and the office is honestly fun. People speak their mind and get heard here. The company is always down to try new things. It's only as stressful as you make it. If you take it one day at a time and listen to your manager you can make a lot of money here. People come from all walks of life and if they just listen and work hard they are blown away at their pay. I know I was. My manager is the nicest guy ever. I had multiple manager's before this who were all super nice too. They just want to make you money so they also make more money. It's fair and I'm not that stressed out each day other than my own performance. That is how I prefer to live personally.
Pros
I eat FREE FOOD, go on free trips, enjoy everyone I work with, speak my mind, move up quickly
Cons
Sometimes you have to work late, However if you properly utilize time management you won't have this issue
Good place to work if looking to invest a lot of time and hone your craft. Very friendly environment and the management is very supportive and willing to help.
I have worked here for over a year and I love everything about this company. You need to work hard and take feedback well to grow here. It's not very difficult to make money if you are good at sales. The management helps you to be better at your job. They are very supportive and always there for you. the first 2-week training was very informative and helped gain confidence.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities, free breakfast & lunch, monthly team events, free transit, Msp, free extended health care
Cons
Long hours, steep learning curve
This job involves over the phone sales of credit building/personal loan products. There's a learning curb but you get the hang of it. In some ways the office is pretty chill (Team building events, food, newsletter) and in other ways its very 'work hard play hard" (meeting sales quotas). There is a lot of opportunity to make money here. You just need to put in the work to bonus high... which most staff do on a monthly basis. It IS a hard job but they show you what youre up for during the interview process. They openly tell you about the products, how they're sold, show you the work environment and even give you a tour. They'll also tell you how the bonuses work. I definitely feel I've become better at sales in my time here and everyone is super helpful. Young office with room for growth. Worth giving it a shot.
Pros
Training Week Paid
Its basically a wolf of wall street want to be except you get paid minimum wage unless you work 60 hour weeks in sales, ruthless (for example you cant urinate standing up in the stall or it results in termination) I was recently going to be late and was terminated immediately after I text to inform. All the staff are selling this wonderful free spirit fun work place but its extortion, both for the staff and the customers - ruthless sales techniques being advised to find a problem in the customers life, a dying relative was a specific example going to lend money at 46%APR No morals, no security, worked too hard and paid too little. Free lunch though
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long hours, minimal pay, ww2 german rules, enthusiastic annoying management
Amazing manager. Great work enviroment. Amazing Staff. Extremely busy always fun and never hard at all. Great people. Great team. Great company to work for