Canada Drives logo
Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Work-life balance

growing, inclusive workplace

working here feels like a friendly, family-like atmosphere, in my experience managers have always been supportive, push you to grow and don't just see you as an employee. working from home is great!

Pros

opportunities to move up

Cons

sometimes difficult to get time off

Working at Canada Drives

I've been at Canada Drives since March 2017. It has been a good 4 years. They have hired good staff and have good people in management. Dealing with upset customers can be a bit difficult but that's a given with any company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Work from home

Good entry level office work

If you are looking to get in to the office workplace, Canada Drives is the perfect entry level for you. You'll have people who will motivate and push you to be better. It may not be for everyone, but it is a great opportunity to experience.

Pros

Teams will push and motivate you.

Cons

No part-time. Sales tactics may be ethically questionable

Canada Drives is for competitive individuals wanting to get into sales

Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!

Pros

Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income

Cons

Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience

Toxic Work Environment with Favouritism

I worked at Canada Drives for 1 year once COVID hit they seized the opportunity for company restructuring overnight. If you’re in sales you can do well by becoming best friends with management, if they don’t like you, you won’t do well. You will be gaslighted, bullied into quitting despite your skills.You are also expected to put in a lot of unpaid overtime before you make bonuses. In customer service positions, you’re expected to “save the sale” without receiving any commission yourself. If you keep quiet, don’t ask questions and just put your head down you can do well in customer service. My favourite parts of working there were Team events: being able to try different restaurants or hot spots with coworkers outside of work.Fully stocked kitchen (cancelled this due to covid.)Great coffee, all you can eat salads, friendly helpful kitchen staff.Canada drives has an extremely high turnover rate, new training groups would start every other week. “Grind Culture” is normalized and staff are expected to work sick resulting in colds / flus constantly circulating in the office. Only when COVID hit did they start saying “don’t come in if your sick.”Canada drives needs to start valuing their non sales employees and paying them a living wage for Vancouver.

Pros

Free lunches, team events

Cons

Unorganized, Not allowed to be sick, favouritism, toxic culture, high turnover, low pay.

It's Whatever

Your experience will largely depend on your department. If you're in a more admin-type role, you'll make very little money, and there will be no room for growth. The work is repetitive -- once you get the job down, it's essentially just a war of attrition between you and the tedious work. If you slip up at all, you get harangued over it, even if it is just a couple of times in a month. Alternatively, you can work in sales, and try to climb your way up the ladder. You need to put in a lot of extra hours that you are not compensated for in order to hit targets, and receive an okay pay. In theory this is fine, except the product being sold is ethically dubious to say the least. If you are able to stomach plunging someone further into financial ruin for some extra money on your pay-cheque, and want to dedicate your time here to the job and "grinding", then I guess it's for you, but the business model turns my stomach. I was never in the sales department because of ethical concerns, but I felt guilty even collecting a pay-cheque with how the company makes its revenue.There is room for vertical growth in sales primarily, so if you are a driven person looking to "hustle" in a sales company downtown, the job could be good for you. I have seen people climb the ladder relatively quickly, so if you're good at the job and put in the hours you can be rewarded. That being said, if you do not take to the job quickly enough, or they find that you're too slow, or don't hit your numbers, you will be let go extremely fast. The turnover rate at this company is massive. If there is a trainee -

Pros

Free lunches and transit pass

Cons

Long hours, unforgiving work environment, faux-millenial sales vibes, loud workplace

Stereotypical Slimy, Oily Car Sales and Loans

Not a typical credit place like most are used to. They prey on the unfortunate. They sell it as all sunshine and "we can definitely help you!". But the truth of it is much darker. Quotas are based on almost forcing a person to sign the documents, brushing over their concerns and then transferring them to an even more high-pressured "sales" person. Doing this job will leave you laying awake at night deciding where your morals and ethics lie.

Pros

Can't think of anything.

Cons

Snake-oil sales

The worst place to work ever

TERRIBLE place to work. Extremley toxic enviornment and expect you to work like robots. Minimum 7 hours of calling people a day which is ridicilous, no other sales organization is this pushy. You will develop depression and become a toxic person by working here, and is extremley under paid.

Hit or miss depends on your department

There was a huge turnover rate Love the kitchen free food, loved working downtown Benefits are amazing The job is a bit iffy but people working there make a lot of money, it pays well for an entry level job for career advancement, good for experience thats about it.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Company is a bit iffy uh

Hard and Patience Testing Job

Definitely not for the weak! You have to be able to think on your feet and be able to solve people's problems. As long as you want to work hard, this job will benefit you.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

difficult customers

Jobs at Canada Drives

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Amazing Company to Work For.

Recently joined the Canada Drives family and it's been such an amazing experience. I'm still learning but I know if I keep at it I will definitely succeed in the company. Perks are amazing - lunch and breakfast included and on certain days they have special dishes (ex. soups, different salads even a thanksgiving inspired meal). Benefits are great as well - Dental, Eye, Medical and transit is paid for. Canada Drives is also in the heart of downtown which makes it easy to have a work life balance IMO. Overall great company and I'm excited to see where I'm going to be in the company 6 months from now!

Phenomenal Company to Work For.

I have been working here for about 6 months now and I actually really enjoy coming to work everyday. The work is fairly easy and rewarding (if you put the time in) and the managers are super supportive. My co-workers make it really fun and the benefits are also amazing. I really like how enjoyable the work environment is. Not to mention having weekly lunches and unlimited tea and coffee is a huge bonus! I recommend Canada Drives to anyone who wants to enjoy coming into work every day and building valuable life skills.

great

this company is amazing to work for if you are looking for growth and advancement. they are always willing to help you achieve your goals. but in return they do expect a lot. work days can be long, but you are compensated accordingly. if you are a driven and motivated individual, this job is for you.

Good company

Customer service is the most fun department. No targets or quotas to reach. Amazing coworkers and managers who encourage you to do well and support your ambitions. There are lots of room for advancement if you voice your goals and work hard to achieve it.

Pros

Free lunches, great coworkers, positive work environment, compensation, lots of room for advancement

Cons

Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Drives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement