Canada Drives logo
Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Work-life balance

Comfortable work environment!

Right from the beginning, my colleagues at Canada Drives have made the environment very comfortable for me. The training is quite thorough but if I have any questions, everyone is very helpful and patient with me. My managers check in with me to make sure I am not feeling overwhelmed or if I do want to take on more tasks, which I truly appreciate.

Pros

Sociable colleagues, health care

Cons

work can be repetitive (which is quite normal for any office job)

Toxic work environment

Do not work here, that is all I will say. Toxic work environment. They will make you drive in snow with no snow tires and tell you that you have to or you’ll be let go. They don’t care about anyone’s safety. They are selling cars that aren’t fit for the road to people who can’t afford them, it’s morally bankrupt

Pros

Cons

It’s morally bankrupt

Working at Canada Drives

I've been at Canada Drives since March 2017. It has been a good 4 years. They have hired good staff and have good people in management. Dealing with upset customers can be a bit difficult but that's a given with any company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Work from home

Stress!!!

Managers pick and choose who they give sales to complete. Absolutely brutal structure. No help given to new sales reps. Tons of pressure to sell or you get let go

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

10 hour days with no overtime paid

growing, inclusive workplace

working here feels like a friendly, family-like atmosphere, in my experience managers have always been supportive, push you to grow and don't just see you as an employee. working from home is great!

Pros

opportunities to move up

Cons

sometimes difficult to get time off

Terrible management

I have worked with Canada drives and all I can say is management is very bad, they don’t want to help and they’re not there for you. Extremely disappointing and make you feel like you are less, very micro managing and not clear on instructions and expectations. They don’t know how to manage well the team and the boss will tell you something totally different then the others in your team then get mad at you for doing what others and those that trained you told you to do. They will not answer you once you leave the company and will hold money they own you, be advised.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, no help, no training, no team atmosphere, micromanaging, don’t want to spend time with workers

Good entry level office work

If you are looking to get in to the office workplace, Canada Drives is the perfect entry level for you. You'll have people who will motivate and push you to be better. It may not be for everyone, but it is a great opportunity to experience.

Pros

Teams will push and motivate you.

Cons

No part-time. Sales tactics may be ethically questionable

Good environment

Great company to start or continue a sales career and test yourself to see what you're made of. Be ready to give your whole life to the work. You will be compensated properly, but it's all or nothing.

A lovely stable workplace

Basically I have been with this company for years now and I have seen a lot of things come and go including development and internal changing. I do appreciate how including during this time of the pandemic, that I have had (full hours) and we have been placed in a save environment which is our homes. And I glad we have been able to keep up with our lively hood and have continued to use our resources to create a foundation and good structure to keep us continuing forward as a whole.Come be apart of our CD family!

Pros

Free food, never have a need to buy/pack your lunches again!

Cons

Daily fatigue of office work.

Canada Drives is for competitive individuals wanting to get into sales

Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!

Pros

Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income

Cons

Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience

Jobs at Canada Drives

in Vancouver, BC
See more jobs

A company that will be known to every Canadian very soon!

Canada drives has given me opportunity to grow within the company. They are always challenging you to become better and to push through any difficult situations you end up in. They are a company that is striving to always become bigger and better and the foot is always on the gas!If you are up for a challenge and working among great coworkers, this is the place to be

Lots of opportunity to grow.

Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits

Cons

Favoritisms are visible.

Toxic Work Environment with Favouritism

I worked at Canada Drives for 1 year once COVID hit they seized the opportunity for company restructuring overnight. If you’re in sales you can do well by becoming best friends with management, if they don’t like you, you won’t do well. You will be gaslighted, bullied into quitting despite your skills.You are also expected to put in a lot of unpaid overtime before you make bonuses. In customer service positions, you’re expected to “save the sale” without receiving any commission yourself. If you keep quiet, don’t ask questions and just put your head down you can do well in customer service. My favourite parts of working there were Team events: being able to try different restaurants or hot spots with coworkers outside of work.Fully stocked kitchen (cancelled this due to covid.)Great coffee, all you can eat salads, friendly helpful kitchen staff.Canada drives has an extremely high turnover rate, new training groups would start every other week. “Grind Culture” is normalized and staff are expected to work sick resulting in colds / flus constantly circulating in the office. Only when COVID hit did they start saying “don’t come in if your sick.”Canada drives needs to start valuing their non sales employees and paying them a living wage for Vancouver.

Pros

Free lunches, team events

Cons

Unorganized, Not allowed to be sick, favouritism, toxic culture, high turnover, low pay.

Productive place with very helpful colleagues

I had no Idea about what I was doing in the start, but with a lot of help from the managers, as well as from colleagues and others from other departments, have found myself being more competent, not to mention confident, at work. People are always friendly, and always ready to help when they can.

Pros

Free lunches

It's Whatever

Your experience will largely depend on your department. If you're in a more admin-type role, you'll make very little money, and there will be no room for growth. The work is repetitive -- once you get the job down, it's essentially just a war of attrition between you and the tedious work. If you slip up at all, you get harangued over it, even if it is just a couple of times in a month. Alternatively, you can work in sales, and try to climb your way up the ladder. You need to put in a lot of extra hours that you are not compensated for in order to hit targets, and receive an okay pay. In theory this is fine, except the product being sold is ethically dubious to say the least. If you are able to stomach plunging someone further into financial ruin for some extra money on your pay-cheque, and want to dedicate your time here to the job and "grinding", then I guess it's for you, but the business model turns my stomach. I was never in the sales department because of ethical concerns, but I felt guilty even collecting a pay-cheque with how the company makes its revenue.There is room for vertical growth in sales primarily, so if you are a driven person looking to "hustle" in a sales company downtown, the job could be good for you. I have seen people climb the ladder relatively quickly, so if you're good at the job and put in the hours you can be rewarded. That being said, if you do not take to the job quickly enough, or they find that you're too slow, or don't hit your numbers, you will be let go extremely fast. The turnover rate at this company is massive. If there is a trainee -

Pros

Free lunches and transit pass

Cons

Long hours, unforgiving work environment, faux-millenial sales vibes, loud workplace

Lots of room to grow

Great place to work, engaging environment, supportive managers. Amazing co-workers. Lots of room to grow and advance. Compass card is subsidized and we have beer Fridays!

Great place to work.

Awesome place to work and grow as a person. Anyone can move up within the company as long as they put out the effort and work needed. Management is great, if you have a problem they will address it. Managers often reward hard work and effort.You will learn valuable sales skills here that will help you later on.

Pros

Free food, coffee. Good management.

Cons

No cons I can really think of, as long as you put out the effort you'll have a great time here.

Fun & positive work environment

The company has strong emphasis on a respectful work environment between staff and also management. Management is also very good at putting trust in their staff to work and does not feel overbearing. Lunch/Coffee benefits and games room as well, good working hours as well.

Pros

Work environment, lunches, games, benefits

Cons

Can be long hours for some positions

Sales

A lot of hard work is required from you for not a lot of pay. The way sales people are taught to act with customers and the way management deals with its staff is manipulative. You'll be micro managed 100% of the time to the minute and put down if you're not doing things exactly the way management wants. I think this is a good place for new sales people to start to get an idea of what this type of telephone sales is like and gain experience. Wouldn't recommend for the long term.

The worst place to work ever

TERRIBLE place to work. Extremley toxic enviornment and expect you to work like robots. Minimum 7 hours of calling people a day which is ridicilous, no other sales organization is this pushy. You will develop depression and become a toxic person by working here, and is extremley under paid.

Excellent work-life balance

Excellent work-life balance and management always supports and encourages us to improve ourselves technically. Good coordination among peer and excellent rapport with the team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Drives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement