Canada Drives logo
View all Canada Drives reviews

Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Review

It's Whatever

Your experience will largely depend on your department. If you're in a more admin-type role, you'll make very little money, and there will be no room for growth. The work is repetitive -- once you get the job down, it's essentially just a war of attrition between you and the tedious work. If you slip up at all, you get harangued over it, even if it is just a couple of times in a month. Alternatively, you can work in sales, and try to climb your way up the ladder. You need to put in a lot of extra hours that you are not compensated for in order to hit targets, and receive an okay pay. In theory this is fine, except the product being sold is ethically dubious to say the least. If you are able to stomach plunging someone further into financial ruin for some extra money on your pay-cheque, and want to dedicate your time here to the job and "grinding", then I guess it's for you, but the business model turns my stomach. I was never in the sales department because of ethical concerns, but I felt guilty even collecting a pay-cheque with how the company makes its revenue.There is room for vertical growth in sales primarily, so if you are a driven person looking to "hustle" in a sales company downtown, the job could be good for you. I have seen people climb the ladder relatively quickly, so if you're good at the job and put in the hours you can be rewarded. That being said, if you do not take to the job quickly enough, or they find that you're too slow, or don't hit your numbers, you will be let go extremely fast. The turnover rate at this company is massive. If there is a trainee -

Pros

Free lunches and transit pass

Cons

Long hours, unforgiving work environment, faux-millenial sales vibes, loud workplace

2.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Working at Canada Drives

I've been at Canada Drives since March 2017. It has been a good 4 years. They have hired good staff and have good people in management. Dealing with upset customers can be a bit difficult but that's a given with any company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Work from home
Same roleSame location

growing, inclusive workplace

working here feels like a friendly, family-like atmosphere, in my experience managers have always been supportive, push you to grow and don't just see you as an employee. working from home is great!

Pros

opportunities to move up

Cons

sometimes difficult to get time off
Same location

Toxic work environment

Do not work here, that is all I will say. Toxic work environment. They will make you drive in snow with no snow tires and tell you that you have to or you’ll be let go. They don’t care about anyone’s safety. They are selling cars that aren’t fit for the road to people who can’t afford them, it’s morally bankrupt

Pros

Cons

It’s morally bankrupt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Drives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement