Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Great working environment and nice benefits
Great management and work benefits. Free company breakfast and lunch served daily, excellent work atmosphere.
A great starting point, but, remuneration is a bit low at the beginning.
Best Cultured Sales Office In Vancouver
The culture and the people in your team are the best, including managers. It is easy to work a lot and still enjoy the environment, some days are better than others.

If you want to make a lot of money fast, you will need to sacrifice certain things, the satisfaction is that you get what you work for and the bonus truly answers how hard you work. The best people in the office do not blame the leads or people around them, because at the end of the day your positive attitude is what's going to help you get to the top.

If you work hard, you will succeed.
Very poorly managed
Inexperienced individuals making decisions for too many people which just creates chaos, frustration and no job satisfaction. Haphazard management, unhappy employees, does not make for happy customers.
If you want to make some serious money this is the place to be!
Great start up culture with young and hungry leaders making waves in the fintech industry.

The company is always expanding, creating new products and entering new market. There is always something going on here.

Its fun, its exciting and its easy to plug in and make a lot of money. The processes are well developed and we are always adapting the way we do things to truly meet the needs of the consumer.

You need to be well adapted to change in this fast paced environment.

Sales is not for the faint of heart but working here sure makes it all a lot easier. The kitchen is fully stocked and open all day for breakfast lunch and snacks with a LOADED salad bar ;)
Read this before you apply
If you work for CanadaDrives as a sales person, you have earned my respect as you have sold your soul to the devil. By working here, you have to screw mid/low class people over by offering them avg 15-30% interest rates on used cars that are nearly 100,000km with bi-weekly payment of $300 or more for 5-7 year term. Customers never gets to see the final price and they are rushed to sign documents so they dont think about it twice! There's lots of earning potential for sure but like I said, you have to sell your soul to the devil. If you don't care about moral ethics and humanity, you can make be an asset to this company. Also you have to work 9am-7pm monday-friday and sometimes you are pressured to come in Saturdays. There is no work life balance here.
Opportunity to grow, professional environment!
I worked at Canada Drives for a little over 6 months and I enjoyed every single bit of it. After around 4 months, I had expressed my interest in going into a sales position to further challenge my strengths. (The Company is large and has an amazing array of different positions that can cater to anyone). I received 110% support during my transition into different roles. Every manager I was under did everything they could to guide me into the direction I wanted to go and help me grow. The hours are long and it is quite a learning curve - but you are being mentored by the best. The managers within the company ARE the best you will come across - they are your friends all while being your mentors. The work itself is fairly simple although, it takes a lot of patience and skill to be able to do the job right. The pace and pressure IS heavy but refreshing. Every position takes time to get used to and not everyone stays long enough to just give the Company a proper chance and look at the benefits of working hard. People are fired/demoted/laid off simply because we do have a high bar to set. Everyone understands the work and discipline it takes to hold a position at this Company and lacking the skill to live up to that bar is why people get fired. In the work environment, everyone is professional. Outside of the work environment, people are friends - which allows you to step out of your shell professionally AND personally. I genuinely really like the CEO, I enjoyed my friends, I enjoyed my managers, I am thankful for all of the experience and wisdom I gained. Anyone who makes poor reviews - more...
Rewarding and Fast-Paced Work Enviroment
10/10 Would recommend to anyone to work here! I have been working for about 1.5 years at this company and have been giving opportunities unlike anywhere else advancing from junior sales rep up to management! There is TONS of room for advancement and hard work never goes unnoticed. The pay is great and working here has greatly improved my personal life like moving downtown etc. If you are motivated and willing to work hard Canada Drives is the place for you.
Many opportunists to grow and learn!
I have been here for 2 years and I have had many opportunities to grow!

If you are focused on growing, learning and making lots of money then this is the perfect place for you!

You also meet a lot of people who you can connect with and learn from;

Everyone's very welcoming and helpful!
Fun place to work
Working at Canada drives for the last six months has been great. There are so many opportunities to grow within the company. It is a very fun work environment.
Awesome place to work would go back
I loved working here they gave you free food on a daily basis. I learned a lot about loans, personal loans. It was a good vibe. It was a sales postion
This job is what you make of it....
Okay so after working for this company for a while now i feel it's only fair to give my review of this place so far... Keep in mind I am in the auto side & not the Person Loans but I will get to that part.
So what you will get from this job is a great understanding of credit, Sub Prime culture & sale techniques. The management here overall is not the greatest by any means I feel they can do better but some of them are great. They are focused solely on performance based so the turn over is high & the amount of hour's they expect you to put in is insane! You are either 100% devoted to this company or get out plain & simply no room for middle ground. The pay is not worth the amount of hours you may put in but if you are $$ driven then you can make a lot of money if you are okay selling vehicles that sometimes aren't road worthy... The people you will work with are great, I enjoy 90% of my co-workers so that's a big plus but overall this place isn't the greatest, we have poor costumer service & we are talked down to like kids if we have a bad day or two not good way to manage at all!!

Pros" You will learn about sales,credit,loans

Cons" Long hours 10+, Zero job security!!!, Low pay for the amount of work
Productive, but 100% performance based
If the company does not believe you are performing at least near maximum capacity and productivity they will not hesitate to fire/layoff you without warning. Very cutthroat business culture.
Good for starting a career, but the pay is fairly low.
Unfavorable working hours. Training is good as you will be trained until you are ready for the job. Workload is easy after you understand the whole process. Really low paying job when you start.
Take advantage of staff and customers
Working here was such a headache. Managers constantly disrespect and yell at you and you’re expected to put in long hours without pay. And I don't mean 1 extra hour I mean 10-11 hour days daily with a 30 minute break. I was told about the long hours during the interview but I thought I’d be compensated for them. I came in early to ask the HR manager about it and she didn’t answer my questions clearly, was not friendly, and was in the middle of putting on her makeup. I’ve actually seen her on dating apps before… not professional at all. Anyways, figured it out.. you don’t get paid for OT, they expect you to hit your bonuses and claim the bonuses are more lucrative than OT pay. Fast math kids, for the hours you put in and the average bonus you get out… you basically end up making minimum wage. Hard pass on this company.
Fantastic place to work
One of the most fun jobs that I have had, with the most money made. All the people who work the hardest, make the most money. So hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Easily the best sales team I have ever been a part of. A young, upbeat, fun culture. Great benefits. Could go on forever about how great the company is to work for.
Worst
Never been employed by someone with such unethical morals. Expect you to work extra and with no pay. Worst experience of my life and recommend you stay away
Fun work environment
Full of great people to work around although, the work can be very stressful. At the same time you gain a lot of great experience working in a high pressure sales environment.
Fast paced & room for advancement
Every day is different, it's always busy so there is a good energy to the office. The culture differs depending on which department you're in, in my experience they've all been great. Good perks, nice downtown location, and room for growth within the company (I have worked in a few different departments in my time here)
Productive environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.
I have been with Canada Drives for over a year now, I originally applied because I wanted to get out of a retail work environment, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it so much.
The management team here is always so supportive and there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, I have never worked at a company that is so fast past but relaxed at the same time.

But there are other perks too, the schedule is very accommodating, there is free food which is very convenient and time saving, and you are rewarded for your hard work.

Sure it's a learning curve that first but there are so many people around who want you to succeed.
Pros
Free food, relaxed feel, great schedule, growth opportunities
Great place to grow!!
I started off in sales with no previous experience prior to starting. There was a weeks training that got me up to speed with new role. With the correct training and support from management I quickly moved up in the company to a more senior role. Canada Drives believes in promoting from within which is a huge part in why I joined the team.
The hardest part of the job is holding yourself accountable in a performance based role. Not accepting you own excuses and pushing yourself to be your best. The best part about the job is the people! There is a fun culture with team events every month.
Fun work place
It is a good entry-level company to get yourself into the financial field. The people are great, different personalities. Everyone is very inspiring and they motivate you to work harder.