Canada Drives

Canada Drives Employee Reviews

working here feels like a friendly, family-like atmosphere, in my experience managers have always been supportive, push you to grow and don't just see you as an employee. working from home is great!
Pros
opportunities to move up
Cons
sometimes difficult to get time off
I have worked with Canada drives and all I can say is management is very bad, they don’t want to help and they’re not there for you. Extremely disappointing and make you feel like you are less, very micro managing and not clear on instructions and expectations. They don’t know how to manage well the team and the boss will tell you something totally different then the others in your team then get mad at you for doing what others and those that trained you told you to do. They will not answer you once you leave the company and will hold money they own you, be advised.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no help, no training, no team atmosphere, micromanaging, don’t want to spend time with workers
If you are looking to get in to the office workplace, Canada Drives is the perfect entry level for you. You'll have people who will motivate and push you to be better. It may not be for everyone, but it is a great opportunity to experience.
Pros
Teams will push and motivate you.
Cons
No part-time. Sales tactics may be ethically questionable
It’s one of the easiest jobs I’ve ever had and they pay above industry standard. They hire quality people and is the most diverse workplace I’ve ever worked in.
Pros
Chill atmosphere
Cons
Lots of downtime
Great company to start or continue a sales career and test yourself to see what you're made of. Be ready to give your whole life to the work. You will be compensated properly, but it's all or nothing.
Basically I have been with this company for years now and I have seen a lot of things come and go including development and internal changing. I do appreciate how including during this time of the pandemic, that I have had (full hours) and we have been placed in a save environment which is our homes. And I glad we have been able to keep up with our lively hood and have continued to use our resources to create a foundation and good structure to keep us continuing forward as a whole.Come be apart of our CD family!
Pros
Free food, never have a need to buy/pack your lunches again!
Cons
Daily fatigue of office work.
Fast paced culture with a great training program and supportive managers.I've been able to develop my skills in my 10 months of working for Canada Drives. I would say its a pretty open field when it comes to who can do well in the company. For individuals that are looking to increase their salary and willing to put the work in, this is definitely the place for you. Everyone on the team is super friendly, you get to learn a lot about the process of what it looks like when you apply for a loan and understand how we are able to help Canadians across the country. Sales is not for everyone but if you are willing to learn, you're in the right place!
Pros
Benefits, quick pace, paid days off, higher income
Cons
Could be difficult if you don't have any customer service experience
The co-workers are very nice and there is a nice company culture. Interaction between team mates and even managers can feel more like friendly banter which helps make the environment more welcoming and relaxed. Managers also help you out when you are falling behind. The job itself can be a bit grindy but it has nice moments when you strike up a nice conversation with the clients and get lots of sales.
Pros
Company culture, free food
Cons
Grindy
Canada drives has given me opportunity to grow within the company. They are always challenging you to become better and to push through any difficult situations you end up in. They are a company that is striving to always become bigger and better and the foot is always on the gas!If you are up for a challenge and working among great coworkers, this is the place to be
Great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow. The work can be very stressful, but the management team is very supportive. If you are focus and have a good work ethic then, you will earn a lot of money. Plus, this company rewards you for your hard work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Favoritisms are visible.
This company is a great fit for young individuals looking to grow and thrive in an environment full of hard working and driven people. If you are an individual that loves to work hard and grind out long hours; this company will be very rewarding to you. Staff is great and management is great.
Cons
Generally your work day starts betwewen 8 and 9 and goes on until between 5:30-6:30. some roles have abnormal hours but nothing like a graveyard shift overnight.The culture is fun and jovial but you are expected to get your work done in a timely fashion. Anyone that can achieve that balance will move up in the company. We are all friends with each other
Pros
Health and Dental Insurance
Cons
Longer Hours, High pressure
I worked at Canada Drives for 1 year once COVID hit they seized the opportunity for company restructuring overnight. If you’re in sales you can do well by becoming best friends with management, if they don’t like you, you won’t do well. You will be gaslighted, bullied into quitting despite your skills.You are also expected to put in a lot of unpaid overtime before you make bonuses. In customer service positions, you’re expected to “save the sale” without receiving any commission yourself. If you keep quiet, don’t ask questions and just put your head down you can do well in customer service. My favourite parts of working there were Team events: being able to try different restaurants or hot spots with coworkers outside of work.Fully stocked kitchen (cancelled this due to covid.)Great coffee, all you can eat salads, friendly helpful kitchen staff.Canada drives has an extremely high turnover rate, new training groups would start every other week. “Grind Culture” is normalized and staff are expected to work sick resulting in colds / flus constantly circulating in the office. Only when COVID hit did they start saying “don’t come in if your sick.”Canada drives needs to start valuing their non sales employees and paying them a living wage for Vancouver.
Pros
Free lunches, team events
Cons
Unorganized, Not allowed to be sick, favouritism, toxic culture, high turnover, low pay.
I had no Idea about what I was doing in the start, but with a lot of help from the managers, as well as from colleagues and others from other departments, have found myself being more competent, not to mention confident, at work. People are always friendly, and always ready to help when they can.
Pros
Free lunches
Your experience will largely depend on your department. If you're in a more admin-type role, you'll make very little money, and there will be no room for growth. The work is repetitive -- once you get the job down, it's essentially just a war of attrition between you and the tedious work. If you slip up at all, you get harangued over it, even if it is just a couple of times in a month. Alternatively, you can work in sales, and try to climb your way up the ladder. You need to put in a lot of extra hours that you are not compensated for in order to hit targets, and receive an okay pay. In theory this is fine, except the product being sold is ethically dubious to say the least. If you are able to stomach plunging someone further into financial ruin for some extra money on your pay-cheque, and want to dedicate your time here to the job and "grinding", then I guess it's for you, but the business model turns my stomach. I was never in the sales department because of ethical concerns, but I felt guilty even collecting a pay-cheque with how the company makes its revenue.There is room for vertical growth in sales primarily, so if you are a driven person looking to "hustle" in a sales company downtown, the job could be good for you. I have seen people climb the ladder relatively quickly, so if you're good at the job and put in the hours you can be rewarded. That being said, if you do not take to the job quickly enough, or they find that you're too slow, or don't hit your numbers, you will be let go extremely fast. The turnover rate at this company is massive. If there is a trainee - more...
Pros
Free lunches and transit pass
Cons
Long hours, unforgiving work environment, faux-millenial sales vibes, loud workplace
Great place to work, engaging environment, supportive managers. Amazing co-workers. Lots of room to grow and advance. Compass card is subsidized and we have beer Fridays!
Awesome place to work and grow as a person. Anyone can move up within the company as long as they put out the effort and work needed. Management is great, if you have a problem they will address it. Managers often reward hard work and effort.You will learn valuable sales skills here that will help you later on.
Pros
Free food, coffee. Good management.
Cons
No cons I can really think of, as long as you put out the effort you'll have a great time here.
The company has strong emphasis on a respectful work environment between staff and also management. Management is also very good at putting trust in their staff to work and does not feel overbearing. Lunch/Coffee benefits and games room as well, good working hours as well.
Pros
Work environment, lunches, games, benefits
Cons
Can be long hours for some positions
Not a typical credit place like most are used to. They prey on the unfortunate. They sell it as all sunshine and "we can definitely help you!". But the truth of it is much darker. Quotas are based on almost forcing a person to sign the documents, brushing over their concerns and then transferring them to an even more high-pressured "sales" person. Doing this job will leave you laying awake at night deciding where your morals and ethics lie.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Snake-oil sales
A lot of hard work is required from you for not a lot of pay. The way sales people are taught to act with customers and the way management deals with its staff is manipulative. You'll be micro managed 100% of the time to the minute and put down if you're not doing things exactly the way management wants. I think this is a good place for new sales people to start to get an idea of what this type of telephone sales is like and gain experience. Wouldn't recommend for the long term.
The logistics side of Canada drives is "managed" by a team of people that really don't know what they're doing,far to young and inexperienced I was mislead at the interview stage regarding the actual work i would be doing and how they operate as a company,they expect all costs of delivering cars to customers to fall on the driver including gassing up cars,paying for transit back to the yard,car washes,tires,repairs etc and then claiming it all back as expenses some drivers were spending $1500 every pay check! totally unreasonable for a company lots of people that work there are still on work visas make of that what you will the pay was okay but not the best for the hassle you got
Cons
dishonesty
  1. Employee reviews