CANADA DRAYAGE INC

CANADA DRAYAGE INC Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

No more employee drivers; only owner op. contractors.

If you own a truck and need work for it, give it a try. If you need a job as a driver, look elsewhere. No Teamster benefits unless you work for a contractor who supports membership.

Pros

Only as employee. Nothing as contractor.

Cons

Long hours, high expectations, no loyalty.

Good moves and shifts

Work is paid by moves, some days are good, others not so much but that's the way in the trucking industry, great place to get your foot in the door for intermodal work

Insights into CANADA DRAYAGE INC

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Was great until corporate started laying everyone off

This was a good place to work while it lasted, and provided fair pay for the work that we did, which was probably more relaxed than many other dispatch jobs. Unfortunately, due to "restructuring", corporate decided to lay off all our staff based in Edmonton.

Pros

Good pay, friendly coworkers, good atmosphere

Cons

Everyone got laid off

Poor management, no work/life banace, overworked, underpaid, under appreciated and NO PAID OVERTIME

There's absolutely no room for advancement unless someone dies or gets fired. The quality of work decreases while the volume of work increases causing lots of unnecessary stress.No communication within company, everything is discussed behind closed doors and only managements opinions/thoughts count. dispatch team is great, and drivers are great. Only upside is they are constantly understaffed so you can show up when you want and do what you want since they cant afford to fire anyone!

Pros

Get to show up when/do what you want without fear of repricussion

Cons

Long hours, poor management, underpaid compared to industry, no comminucation, they don't listen to employees

Worse company ( Vancouver Terminal)

For my experience that is worse place for work as a owner operator specifically new guy's , they have union in this company so senior guy's have work 7 a days week and junior luckly get work one or 2 days week depends on volume, some time sitting home for month . Dispatch not organized, no one listening so if some one interested go with cdi Vancouver and work for them do your home work first.

As driver

The company management has far distance with their employees, They treat drivers like nothing as animals also have their rights. No appreciations at all, all the time management is trying fear the drivers, they talk about punishments. Management is getting a handful amount from their clients but paying nothing to drivers.

Cons

less pay as compare to workload, no benefits for drivers

Toxic

Small group with lots of backstabbing.management is inconsistent and a glorified office puppet for upper management.Lack of integrity Simple problems are made into world ending crisis

Pros

A job

Cons

Little pay, no advancement

Nothing to say much

So far Bad experience, no job security any time you can fired or ban from cp. No training . Totally unprofessional. Unprofessional dispatch. You are not seeing any one just email and work. No schedule kind of on call , as onwer operator you make like driver. Cheap rates. I don't recomend you to work there.

Started out thru temp agency

Hand bombing tires as a temp, hired into union after 600+ hours. Company paid training & certification for first aid level 2 (OFA2)and also for forklift operator license.

Pros

Nice boss..job security..

Cons

Low $ & safety is not priority

Fast paced enviroment

Good place to work, management is good, some days can be fast paced and stressful, strong team in place, management is involved day to day. It is a multi faceted type of business which keeps you on your toes.

Not a good place to work

Very unorganized, disrespectful staff, no magaement skills , they r always hiring and letting people go, but won't increase the quality of work standard, lower pay, manager yelling at drivers, always at edge of firing drivers

No advancement unless know management personally

Paid for 1 job but doing the job of 4 Expected to work 24-7 Better like having company cell all times and responding to it Treats drivers as second class people No respect for them and very under paid. Manager yells at drivers calls them liars

Great Company to work for.

Very Strong and well supported company in the transportation industry. Being a sister company of Fastfrate the synergies provided between the two organizations allow us to be more flexible than a lot of LTL Carriers.

Pros

Excellent Culture

Owner operator

Got a job suppose to be full time been home no work over two weeks. Dont have work for current employees and they have add out to hire new people . Owner operators beware of this company dont fall into their union trap.

Pros

Cons

No work no money

Amazing Company!

This is a good company with good people. Really happy here. Work with a good team of people, we are treated right and overall enjoy working for the company.

Lack of Structure

Typical day at work: Show up when you feel like it, talk back to the immediate supervisor with no repercussions. "Club Med" atmosphere. A lot of gossiping little work from some employees, and then complaining that they did not have enough time to meet their deadlines. What I learned: I did learn quite a bit from the longest lasting employee there. She taught me how they worked, and I continued her way of doing things while at CDI Management: Immediate supervisor was alright. He helped out when asked, but in his mind was always right. Upper management - my mother said that if I have nothing nice to say to keep my mouth shut. Workplace culture - Club Med, and not in a good way Hardest part of the job - showing up each and every morning. Most Enjoyable part of the job - leaving the company

Pros

Indoor plumbing

Cons

work environment, hours, lack of respect

Cdi

My mother has always told that if you have nothing nice to say about someone or an organization, then the best thing to say is nothing at all. My mother is a smart woman..

lack of good management

the job by itself was great , good benefit & salary to start but lots of difficulty to work with unstable management {lots of manager came and left} . no chance of advancement within the company. Company switch to owners Operator instead of company driver. What a shame , it had lots of potential.

Cons

no proper mechanical maintenance of fleet, long hours...

very good work environment

Very nice place to work in. Learnt a lot about dispatching products. Worked with many great people. Was able to have fun at my job. Was very easy going never was stressed out.

Was a Good Company

Enjoyed working at this Company but decided to move to Toronto

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very understaffed in office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANADA DRAYAGE INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement