Canada Diagnostic Centres

Canada Diagnostic Centres Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
worked here and got no support training was dis organized and always taught to things differently by each team member teaching. Also the staff is very rude and management picks and chooses there favorite. I never stood a chance here.
Pros
patients
Cons
no respect and recognition. Staff is very rude
Horrible company run by money hungry micro managers. Top heavy and over work the technicians who actually make the company money. Radiologists vary- some very seasoned and others very inexperienced and cant even read basic ultrasounds like obstetrics. Every year they find ways to cut benefits and incentives to save company money. Zero recognition for hard work. Ultrasound ran by unprofessional manager and team leads who act out of fear
Pros
Some benefits but every year they cut. They have used covid to justify many unjustified cuts
Cons
Top heavy and business orientated. Treat technichians as if they are replaceable
I really enjoy working here. Compared to other private imaging companies, I don't see a pressure to push as many patients through a day like other companies. Proper appointment times are given to provide quality patient care.
Pros
Admin is always finding new and fun ways to boost morale
Canada Diagnostics is a very rewarding place to work at. It has excellent management that are easy to work with, and is also a very friendly workplace that is a pleasure to show up to.

Canada Diagnostics was a very meaningful job that challenged me in many ways and helped me further develop my education and skills. It truly is an excellent workplace and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone seeking a job in the medical field.
Patients and staff with CDC are a number, not a name. There is zero regard for the level of patient care provided, agents must rush the calls thru, the faster the better. Employees are pitted against one another competitively on ‘scorecards’ that breach employee confidentiality standards, but yet again- everyone is “disposable” (and I quote) management will “help you find a more suitable job” if you aren’t performing up to their standards
Incredibly stressful work environment with a high emphasis placed on the number of patients that can be seen in a given day. Strong disregard for worker mental health. If you can't scan incredibly quickly and take on a huge workload or if you need down-time between patients and breaks throughout the day, this is not your place to work. Portrayed as a "team" environment but truly consists of a cliquey workplace.

I quickly lost my passion for ultrasound working here and felt that I was unable to prioritize patient care and quality imaging.
Loved it! Management was very helpful and understanding to all employees. Awesome benefits and coworkers. Typical day was pretty busy as we were in a very busy part of the city.
I have learnt a lot about health care and administrative duties. I enjoy helping patients the most to get the care that they need. Workplace culture is kind of cliquey and it can be hard to fit in. Management's communication is mediocre and information often does not filter down. Typical day for me is busy and satisfying as I know I was able to help my patients get the care they need.
One star as 0 stars wasn't an option. Bullying, condescending; worst leadership I've ever come across (both times as supervisors changed twice during my time there). Do as I say, not as I do style of leadership. Supervisor rarely showed up and would only approve needed time off for her favourite puppets. Quantity over quality - just an overall sad resource for your imaging results.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canada Diagnostic Centres?
The negative reviews are correct. This is the most stressful, unappreciative place to work. The company has gotten worst in the past 3 years I was working there. There is a significant lack of culture, leadership & company direction. These people have no respect for their employees. Management bullies employees and will talk behind your back. They have took away the benefits we had before and given very small pay raises. They have no idea what they want to do and the focus is just on having more patients as much as possible at the clinic every day.
Wish I did not apply for this job and listened to the reviews. Management could use some work. No consistent training. Good at adapting and can take a hostile work environment and verbal abuse? You get to stay. And if you’re not/can’t? Say goodbye. They can fire you for no reason, even if you’re over your 3month probation. If you bring up a problem with a team lead- they don’t care. Don’t get along with somone from their team? Quit. X-ray side is the WORST. The techs/leads are so rude and condicending and will throw your mistakes in your face the first chance they get. No consistency throughout all clinics. Being a casual is hard. We do something right at one location and then at the other, that same thing is wrong and you get reemed out for it. The Radiologists? Unbelievable. There’s maybe 2-3 nice ones out of all locations. If you’re not a tech or team lead, don’t even try to talk to them. They talk down to you like you’re not important. Being the front line sucks at CDC. If the Bookings department makes a mistake you get disrespected and yelled at, like it’s your mistake. You make a mistake checking in or don’t add priors to patients exams? You’re in for it. Techs will come up to the front and hate on you for wasting their precious time. Ultrasound on the other hand is a little better run and are generally really nice. I’m not a disgruntled employee, just telling the truth. Most front desk people are nice, understanding and helpful since they know it’s hard to keep track of all the other locations procedures. This is NOT an easy job. It’s not just checking in patients - more...
Pros
If Rads are feeling nice they’ll buy the clinic lunch, Benefits if you’re a full time employee, mileage for casuals
Cons
Rude staff and patients, Hostel work environment, Casuals must travel to all locations even if you live across town
Management is a joke, they will talk about you behind your back - it is such an immature atmosphere. Training is a joke, they don’t want to help you succeed. All they care about is raking in the $. HR is a joke. Laziest person ever. Don’t work here, if you can avoid it. Don’t even go here for an appointment, if you can avoid it.
Cons
Management, Hr, terrible training
Clinic-based is much more flexible for working moms. I'm able to work 40 hour work week. Benefits were fully paid for which was also a bonus. 4 weeks minimum vacation. Some departments do not have room for growth but overall a great company. Would recommend.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, short work week.
Great rah rah attitude, but some areas lack any chance of advancement. So depends on what position you hold. Some inner culture issues. but not unusual within this industry. Do your job well and you will have your job as long as you want. Company is large and growing. Stable opportunity.
Is CDC a good place to work? Well it depends on your position. Are you a technician, expect to be treated very well with bonuses. If you're a favorite or part of the senior group, you get better salary increases regardless of performance results. If you're not a favorite, expect a raise that doesn't come close in covering annual inflation. Do you enjoy a combination of narcissistic and poor leadership with no consistency in practices? This is the place for you. Are you in a supporting role or management role and aren't directly producing revenue? Sorry, you're on the bottom, are replaceable and will be disengaged relatively quickly. Any middle management or supporting role should steer clear from this company, Senior leadership wouldn't know best practices if they were smacked in the face with them. So many good people at CDC, but a few bad apples in leadership is enough to ruin it all. You've been warned.
Typical day at work means taking diagnostically sound images and executing procedures as per radiologists preferences.
I learned teamwork, time management and prioritizing.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the passion I feel for the things I get to do at work every day.
Pros
great hours
Cons
The people are great. Management is horrible. They have bullies in the management positions and bullies in upper management. And HR has to do what upper management wants so their is absolutely nobody their to support you. Would never recommend to work here!.
I worked here and let me tell you..management is awful,there's no job security and it's who u know..rather then the job you do. Don't do it.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Everything else
I started with this company as casual with the hope i will get full time with them. every time there is an opening for a full time, i apply but i never get hired. i worked so hard and go every location they required me to go including Okotoks. for almost 2 years i remained casual despite my hard work, commitment and my flexibility. Instead the full time is offered to people who have connections within the company. I would say it was more like racism. I enjoyed working with CDC for some times but also I am happy that I left coz i was not happy with them anymore.
I really enjoyed working in this office. The people were lovely, pay an benefits are awesome. How ever It was time for a career change
- Busy taking phone calls
-Multitasking

-very Nice coworkers

-Not much understanding by current management

-Dealing with difficult patients
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Very busy and stressful job