Canada Diagnostic Centres Employee Reviews

Great work environemt
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2019
Loved it! Management was very helpful and understanding to all employees. Awesome benefits and coworkers. Typical day was pretty busy as we were in a very busy part of the city.
Awful
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2019
One star as 0 stars wasn't an option. Bullying, condescending; worst leadership I've ever come across (both times as supervisors changed twice during my time there). Do as I say, not as I do style of leadership. Supervisor rarely showed up and would only approve needed time off for her favourite puppets. Quantity over quality - just an overall sad resource for your imaging results.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Horrible management. Terrible place to work.
Clinic Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 December 2018
The negative reviews are correct. This is the most stressful, unappreciative place to work. The company has gotten worst in the past 3 years I was working there. There is a significant lack of culture, leadership & company direction. These people have no respect for their employees. Management bullies employees and will talk behind your back. They have took away the benefits we had before and given very small pay raises. They have no idea what they want to do and the focus is just on having more patients as much as possible at the clinic every day.
Horrible!
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 October 2018
Wish I did not apply for this job and listened to the reviews. Management could use some work. No consistent training. Good at adapting and can take a hostile work environment and verbal abuse? You get to stay. And if you’re not/can’t? Say goodbye. They can fire you for no reason, even if you’re over your 3month probation. If you bring up a problem with a team lead- they don’t care. Don’t get along with somone from their team? Quit. X-ray side is the WORST. The techs/leads are so rude and condicending and will throw your mistakes in your face the first chance they get. No consistency throughout all clinics. Being a casual is hard. We do something right at one location and then at the other, that same thing is wrong and you get reemed out for it. The Radiologists? Unbelievable. There’s maybe 2-3 nice ones out of all locations. If you’re not a tech or team lead, don’t even try to talk to them. They talk down to you like you’re not important. Being the front line sucks at CDC. If the Bookings department makes a mistake you get disrespected and yelled at, like it’s your mistake. You make a mistake checking in or don’t add priors to patients exams? You’re in for it. Techs will come up to the front and hate on you for wasting their precious time. Ultrasound on the other hand is a little better run and are generally really nice. I’m not a disgruntled employee, just telling the truth. Most front desk people are nice, understanding and helpful since they know it’s hard to keep track of all the other locations procedures. This is NOT an easy job. It’s not just checking in patients  more... and you're done. It’s stressful and degrading. Sometimes I was fearful to go to work, wondering what am I going to do wrong today...  less
Pros
If Rads are feeling nice they’ll buy the clinic lunch, Benefits if you’re a full time employee, mileage for casuals
Cons
Rude staff and patients, Hostel work environment, Casuals must travel to all locations even if you live across town
Horrible place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
Management is a joke, they will talk about you behind your back - it is such an immature atmosphere. Training is a joke, they don’t want to help you succeed. All they care about is raking in the $. HR is a joke. Laziest person ever. Don’t work here, if you can avoid it. Don’t even go here for an appointment, if you can avoid it.
Cons
Management, Hr, terrible training
Great Work-Life Balance
Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
Clinic-based is much more flexible for working moms. I'm able to work 40 hour work week. Benefits were fully paid for which was also a bonus. 4 weeks minimum vacation. Some departments do not have room for growth but overall a great company. Would recommend.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, short work week.
Overall a good place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
Great rah rah attitude, but some areas lack any chance of advancement. So depends on what position you hold. Some inner culture issues. but not unusual within this industry. Do your job well and you will have your job as long as you want. Company is large and growing. Stable opportunity.
Needs new leadership
Secret Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary17 July 2017
Is CDC a good place to work? Well it depends on your position. Are you a technician, expect to be treated very well with bonuses. If you're a favorite or part of the senior group, you get better salary increases regardless of performance results. If you're not a favorite, expect a raise that doesn't come close in covering annual inflation. Do you enjoy a combination of narcissistic and poor leadership with no consistency in practices? This is the place for you. Are you in a supporting role or management role and aren't directly producing revenue? Sorry, you're on the bottom, are replaceable and will be disengaged relatively quickly. Any middle management or supporting role should steer clear from this company, Senior leadership wouldn't know best practices if they were smacked in the face with them. So many good people at CDC, but a few bad apples in leadership is enough to ruin it all. You've been warned.
Cdc
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2016
Typical day at work means taking diagnostically sound images and executing procedures as per radiologists preferences.
I learned teamwork, time management and prioritizing.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the passion I feel for the things I get to do at work every day.
Pros
great hours
Horrible place to work!
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 April 2016
The people are great. Management is horrible. They have bullies in the management positions and bullies in upper management. And HR has to do what upper management wants so their is absolutely nobody their to support you. Would never recommend to work here!.
Dont even bother
front desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
I worked here and let me tell you..management is awful,there's no job security and it's who u know..rather then the job you do. Don't do it.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Everything else
good company but not for me
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
I started with this company as casual with the hope i will get full time with them. every time there is an opening for a full time, i apply but i never get hired. i worked so hard and go every location they required me to go including Okotoks. for almost 2 years i remained casual despite my hard work, commitment and my flexibility. Instead the full time is offered to people who have connections within the company. I would say it was more like racism. I enjoyed working with CDC for some times but also I am happy that I left coz i was not happy with them anymore.
Fast paced environment
Front Desk / Booking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2014
I really enjoyed working in this office. The people were lovely, pay an benefits are awesome. How ever It was time for a career change
Very Busy and stressful working atmosphere
Booking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2014
- Busy taking phone calls
-Multitasking
-very Nice coworkers
-Not much understanding by current management
-Dealing with difficult patients
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Very busy and stressful job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Diagnostic Centres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5