Canada Computers Employee Review

View all Canada Computers reviews

Average pay, but always expected to do more.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
As the Manager I was to oversee the staff and day to day operations. However, the way that upper management viewed us, we were to be on call 24/7 and expected to work overtime hours without any compensation other than "It's what we expect.".
In this job I learned how to manage resources, staff and finances. I always put safety first and worked hard.
Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I was working in a computer retail environment, I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did.
The company was managed in a way that if you didn't fit into their racial culture, there would always be some push back. The upper-management I felt always talked down to us. I enjoyed interacting with our regular customers and developing a relationship with them.
Pros
Employee discount on purchases
Cons
Very long hours, extremely high expectations, constantly worked feeling that everything I did was not enough.

Other Canada Computers Employee Reviews

Canada Computers
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2018
Really good company to work for. They have a owner who cares about his people and not just about $$$. They have a very fair pay scale and they are changing into a leading company to work for. The is a very strong sense of wanting to do things the right way here and not on the backs of there people
Pros
Great Owner
Cons
Does not have the super strong buying power like best buy
Canada Computers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
I would first like to say this is my honest opinion.

Management was not great, I mean some were better than others but overall not something I would have considered a group of focused and inspiring people. But there were 1 or 2 good managers

There was no real hard part of that job maybe I would be managing and staying on top of orders...

Most enjoyable would definitely be all the interesting stock we would receive. For me, I loved learning about all the latest tech that would pass through the door.

The workplace was great everyone who was not management got along really well, even some of the newer supervisors were alright.

Overall I am glad I have moved on to bigger and better things, I enjoyed my time there and I will miss the people.
Pros
I learnt so much, networked with a ton of people
Cons
Bad scheduling, Management did seem to care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.