Canada Computers

Canada Computers Employee Reviews

Canada130 reviews
High targets for warranty sales
Keeping up with the warrant targets was quite challenging but doable with the right attitude. They constantly assess your sales goals every month to make sure you are meeting them.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Currently Working Here and it's a Nightmare
Do not work here, it truly is a joke. Everything is runned so poorly especially in Marketing. Unless, your speak Chinese and you're Asian you will never advance here. I really think that there is a racist culture at this place. It's disgusting. They're disgusting.
Wouldn't Recommend!
Disorganized, high demands, low pay and unstable job security.

Top management does not care about your well being. It's all about profit, profit and profit here. You may even be threatened to lose your job if you do not abide by unreasonable requests for the company.

Coworkers are nice and caring, especially within your own team but senior leadership made it difficult to work well here.

Head office jobs are gradually moving to the Philippines and India in order to cut costs. It is no longer a "Canadian" company. I would not recommend working here unless you want to destroy your health.
Horrible company
When I was hired, they never mentioned that we has to set up the store. I mean there were no shelves, or anything. For weeks I kept on expecting training for my position. One day for 10 minutes they showed me. On my first shift, no one explained anything to me. I had to keep asking a supervisor to show me how what I didn't know.

I have never seen a more poorly run company.
Its a great work environment but becomes stressful during holiday season
This is a great place to work, the only reason it was ever stressful was due to irate customers or being short staffed; holidays are hectic when you don't have a full staff. Otherwise, the team I've been working with is fantastic.
Good entry level job
I learned quite a bit on the job while working here and the people I worked with were more or less pleasant including immediate management. Head office could do with some tweaking with how they do things but overall good job.
Ok
I'm not much of a sales person, do I didn't thrive in a commission based environment. Not under the circumstances of the Canada computers I was hired at, which is no longer there anymore anyways
Poor culture. Over-reaching suspcious management. Sneaky and untrustworthy.
Unprofessional work environment from top down.draconian management practices..none are ever supportive of people.very dramatic environment with decisions based on emotions. sneaky people at the top that don't trust anyone and will behind the scenes track everything you do. apparently cameras and probably tapping into your phone, email, probably gps to check what you're doing. The only reason why some talented people work here is because they' re paid to stay or they just don't have the skills or just so damaged that they can't find a job elsewhere.
The CEO is crazy & has a bad memory!! Very toxic Environment
Truths are whispered & problems are spoke off loudly that said They are moving all head office jobs to Philippines, India and China just to save a buck & you’re expected to work in 2 time zones, So there is no work life balance also if the CEO is not in no decisions are made no matter how time-consuming or urgent it is. They all speak Chinese & are very low key races so if you can’t speak mandarin you will not last more than three years if so long at head office. every year they have a new hr manager & always looking for hr Generalist & because they report losses when there is profits every 6months there is new accounting staff to ensure no one can follow the paper trail; Good luck to all who apply!
Poorly run company.
This is a badly run organization with a cheap, short-sighted owner and terrible management; my last store manager was too busy flipping homes for himself than tending to the store that he's being paid to help run.

The money was only good because I can sell warranties which provided me good commission but the hourly wage is laughable.

Job duties are always changing, going from sales to receiving shipments at the loading dock. Policy changes make absolutely no sense and rarely benefit anybody - not even the company itself.

This chain does not have a bright future and staff is very discontent while store managers are incompetent. Head office is a revolving door. Expect it to make more drastic changes to remain profitable and combat unionization.

A good part-time job if you need the cash while studying.
Great coworkers
Overall experience wasn’t too bad as a sales person there are high expectations of you to sell warranty constantly and increase your targets from month to month so if you have a hard time selling additional add-ons to a product you might not do well with the management here because Selling warranty matters more than selling the actual product itself.

With that being said the management and overall culture of the work is really fun I enjoyed every day there except for the days where I would have to be pushed to sell harder
Only work here if you are a student or desperate
Pros:
-Some coworkers were good, some equally as bad.

-Working with current technology. PCMR!

Cons:

-No Room for improvement as the most of the company is Chinese speaking only and nepotism is rampant.

-10 Hour+ shifts with little breaks.

-Store is dead 70% of the time but you are expected to keep busy some how. HOW MANY TIMES CAN I CLEAN THE SAME THING PEOPLE.

-Commission based.

-Horrible Raises

-Our Manager expected any mistakes to come out of your paycheck or you would be fired. I never went along with that.

-No company trust. Even the Managers were scanned before leaving the building.

Honestly I can go on and on. Don't work here unless you are a student who needs to pick up hours or literally can't work anywhere else.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work but no much career growth here.
Have to work alone, there is only one technician during a shift.

Work load is very high as you have to meet the income target.
Drama, politics and constant fear of losing your job.
Proudly Canadian since 1991. And now half the jobs are moving to India to save a buck. You're always stressed, quantity over quality when it comes to your job and management is constantly playing checkers with their employees livelihood. Not to mention the Game of Thrones type drama that touches every department.
Cons
No room for advancement, no job security, low wages.
You can learn sth here
I worked In this company only for a couple of months. My position require lots of travel in daily job and fast paced in their retail stores.
Frequent staff turnover.
horrible management
Only good thing about this job was my co-workers (not management). Management was horrible. They do nothing but sit in their office, you need them constantly to do anything on cash so you had to call them up all the time just for their password because they don't trust employees. Forced bag checks every night/whenever you left the building with your stuff. If you do anything wrong as a cashier its 100% your fault becuse you are the last person to touch it, even when management is involved in transaction. Horrible communication with "head Office". People who don't speak english and have never worked retail in their lives make all the decisions for stores. If you don't sell enough warranties as a cashier or sales person they will fire you. Extremely pushy on making you sell warranties to customers. It's all they care about. If you have any problems with other co-workers or management they won't do anything about it. The Ontario district manager constantly hangs out at the Merivale location and does nothing but smoke, chat on the phone and flirt with the only female supervisor there. Waste of time working here.
Discriminatory, Doesn't follow provincial standards.
I was injured in the job I have before I took a position at Canada Computers. I knew the work was long and physical but I had healed enough that I felt I could take it on again. Despite that, I figured that Canada Computers was reputable enough that they would accommodate my condition (I'm required to wear special shoes, need to sit down every 15-30 minutes). I walked in for my first shift and talked to the manager about this since such a policy was not included in their orientation material.

The response was that they didn't have one and would not accommodate me at all, this was disappointing but I figured I could survive the day as is and figure out an alternative solution. Wrong, I was there for 10 hours on my feet for 90% of the time, I only got 1 meal break and 1 15 minutes break which really wasn't enough and if it wasn't for the help of an older sales associate I'd barely been able to walk out of there at the end of the day. 10 hours with limited breaks is grueling even for someone without injuries or disability and I'm fairly certain this is a violation of some sort of provincial workplace law.

It was simply not worth minimum wage for me.
Good employees and managers
Bad management at the higher levels.
Forced to sell warranty otherwise your job is on the line

Great floor staff and managers at store levels

Hours were good.
It sucked!
Went through multiple management changes in the year I worked there. They treat their employees terribly and the pay is awful. They show no concern for their employees well being.
Good coworkers, bad upper management
The staff and managers are all really nice. The ideas coming from head office are always bad. The focus for all sales is currently purely warranty. No look at profit.
Pros
Good coworkers, chill
Cons
head office
Good store management but poor head office support
Retail store have good management team and full support. However, poor customer service and work culture in head office. Also nearly no support from head office, no standard work description.
Pros
Updated Technology related
Cons
Unstable work hours, over load work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Computers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9