CANADA CLEAN FUELS

CANADA CLEAN FUELS Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews

Overall fairly good

the work itself is fairly easy compared to other hand bombing type jobs. Very relaxed pace of work, no real hard deadlines in terms of delivery windows to be stressed about. In my experience dispatchers are extremely flexible and actually treat you like a human not a truck #.the best thing for me is you are not pushed to work crazy hours like what seems to be the norm in the industry, if you want to just put your 40 hours in they seem to be okay with it. and if you do like lots of hours they certainly have it available especially in the summer months.A typical day would be 2 full loads loading out of Keele and Finch area and delivering local in toronto or oshawa, Bowmanville, Peterborough back and forth twice. sometimes 3 loads would be a busy day.

Pros

good pay, not pushed to work crazy hours

Cons

There is no escaping Toronto traffic as that's where all the loads need to be loaded from

Waste of time.

If you're a good driver, DO NOT consider. Worst management and dispatching of 4 fuel companies I've been with over the years. Very stressful and their hourly pay becomes meaningless after 2 months from all the stress. THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT.Stepping stone company if you're a brand new driver, that is it. It seems that's all they hire anyway, so they can push you around and disrespect you.

Pros

Cons

Stressful, very disorganized, ill-informed

Its a very good company to work . Tge management is really helpful.

I had a good time while working at this place .The management was so helpful and caring. They always provide full PPE and care for the workers. The benefits and pay wages are wonderful and satisfied in this company.

Pros

Christmas bonus, bbq lunches, meeting lunches.

Cons

Physically hard

Not Recommended

Very Stressful long hours. You are always blamed for anything that may go wrong. Messy Management think they owe you and talk down to you. The workplace culture is really toxic and the most intolerable part of this place specially having to deal with some senior drivers that don't like new drivers... The only positive side here is the pay and benefits.... All in all I don't think this job worth the extra $.

Pros

pay

Cons

workplace culture, No life balance, Management, long hours

Good place to call home

From the upper management had doors open all the time walk in whenever I want it was a very good work balance but there is something better on the other side found out there wasn't wish I was still there still have good relationships with the company

Pros

Pay and upper management treated me well

Extremely poor management

Poor treatment of employees, safety is not a priority safety manager only exists as a puppet to the owner and to find anything to dock your safety bonus. Dispatch is near impossible to get ahold of as calls don’t get answered and ignored. I’d suggest to look elsewhere.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Don’t waste your time or give up your current job ....

The drivers are treated like idiots here and they are talked down to by management . ALL the promises are lies and by the time you figure it out You have wasted a lot of time and likely given up a good job to come here. Stay Away. Any other petroleum job in the GTA is better, don’t waste your time or seniority yo may have

Great place even greater people!

Very good place to work, management is great and help in any situation they can, co workers are decent, the pay is great and they treat you like a human not a #, if you get the opportunity to work here I suggest you do, I'll retire at this company if I'm able to!

Pros

Cons

Not much really.

Not a great place

Not a great place if are the minority including a woman. You will not get the proper training, management will not allow it. Safety department just follows directions, drivers with medical conditions that are a risk to the public is not a safe company to work. They tell you it's a 9-10hr day it's a lie 14hr days dispatch caters to the select few.

Pros

Maybe lunch

Cons

Long hrs

Canada Clean Fuels has a there way of doing thing when it comes to safety and time management, if you keep to the way safety and compliance wants it done this place is lovely to work at. I’ve been here for 3 years and people are kind most of management have a open door policy. They also have meetings every month for the drivers to get updates on what is going on with the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CANADA CLEAN FUELS?

Nice to work with them

Canad clean fuel economy is the best and no 1 company in Canada they paid good now they have B train and cover Very big area of Ontario all the truck and tanker are Very good and mostly truck is 2019 and 2020 all trucks are Very clean all the staff Very helpful they have very nice dispatch systems almost 8 or 10 dispatchers working day and night

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Sometimes

Great until the “Re-Structure”

New management brought in are good sellers - fake it till you make it .. No communication with new mgmt - they treat everyone as if they’re replaceable. Company has turned into all numbers - culture and loyalty is gone Money was ok before the structure - stressful and fast paced - challenging

Get ready to work night no matter what kinda of weather

It's hard and hours are not great,you get paid well,I can say my boss was a good one but in general Management doesn't know whats going on,apart of that its a good company to work.no weekends.

Great company overall

I've been working for this company for 13 years. Have never had any issues. Great co-workers and office staff that are always friendly and helpful. CCF has expanded over the years and like any company, change can be hard at times but overall it is like a family. What benefits CCF eventually benefits all the employees. I'recruited many of my

Love it

Best place so far I worked mangment is great I always find answers to what I need easy to deal with nice staff and great team work trucks are new and am just happy working with them

I've been with Canada Clean Fuels for 2 years now. My experience has been a very good one. The pay is good. The equipment we drive is in really good shape. The work is good. I have a great home/work balance. Enjoying my time here.

Workplace culture

Great place to work. Owner cares about his staff/drivers. Tries to be accommodating to all needs within reason to properly do our jobs and be successful. Nice equipment to work with. All staff members in office are friendly to work with. Great training. Nothing negative to say about this company. Switching companies to work here has proven to be the right decision

I have found the right place to work at.

I have been working at this company for 3 and a half years, and I feel that I belong in this organization. (The sun, moon, and stars have the right place to live in the sky). I would recommend any experienced and inexperienced professionals in the fuel industry, to work at CCF. For newcomers to this industry, CCF is an institute for them, and for experienced fuel workers, CCF will treat you as a royal landmark. Last week, I had a trainee who asked so many questions about CCF, he said there is not a lot of reviews online, which is the reason why I am answering these questions for you. Because of this, I am writing my remarks online to help others and express how much I truly enjoy working at this organization. To show just how much I love CCF, the licence plate on my personal car says Canada Clean Fuels.

Pros

Close to Suncor, Shell, and Esso

Cons

Close to Finch and Keele

Canada Clean Fuels is the #1 company in the fuel industry for a reason. The equipment is mostly new and well maintained. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking stable employment in the fuel industry. Management work with drivers and that is a big part of our success at Canada Clean.

Excellent place to work good working relationship with drivers only downfall is schedule can change daily but if you know the fuel industry that's normal, good equipment well maintained lots of hours .

Pros

Wages benefits and staff

Cons

Daily changes of schedule

Good enough

If you want to do your own thing your own way, not the place for you. Been here 3 years and except for the odd hiccup it's one of the better jobs I've had. No place is perfect but CCF is closer than most. Management has you're back and safety is #1 priority. Management are all former drivers so they know what they are talking about. Pay is better than most fuel companies and NO trip rate. Company is growing fast so it can be a rough ride from time to time but worth staying. It's quite simple, do your job safely and follow procedure and you won't have an issue.

Pros

summer BBQs, safety 1st, management has your back, little to no retail deliveries

Cons

long hours, pump offs, Toronto traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CANADA CLEAN FUELS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement