Canada Cartage

Working at Canada Cartage: Employee Reviews

Canada275 reviews

Great place to work!

Featured review

Canada Cartage selected this as a representative review
Everyone from training and management to dispatch and drivers are very informative, patient and approachable! They teach you all you need to know before getting you out on your own!

Official response from Canada Cartage

22 February 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad that you enjoy working here and driving for Canada Cartage. Can't wait to help you grow your career.

Very unorganized work dealing with contracts and dispatching is very unprofessional

Paton's place is very unprofessional at times. Despite what your told when you start your not treated fairly and the same as everyone else. Dispatchers are over worked and therefore angry most of the time. "Don't dare ask for help" if your new!

Insights into Canada Cartage

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Dont recommend this place

Lots of turn over of office staff,very poor management and lots of new driver hires who wont last long . Keep your gifts handy or forget it. Too many managers dont have any knowledge of the industry hoping to pocket gifts and else. Worked there for over 17 years , no respect for drivers ,all managers are friends or relative of boss or recommended. Equipments are dangerous and much under average maintainance, very unfortunate to waste so many of my precious life with corrupted people there. Real waste of time thinking of joining .

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Not a bad company, salary is pretty low

Good solid work. But salary is low, could’ve paid a few more dollars. Great guys in the shop and the shop manager at the time was awesome. Overall a good experience.

Good pay and environment

Nice place to work. No micro managing. Work from home option available. Nice staff. Good pay! Scope of growth. Professionalism. Activities. Good benefits.

Productive workplace with nice coworkers

The hours might sometimes be very long but the pay is okay. There isn’t good division of labour at times you might do more work than the other guy and still get paid the same wages.

Supportive work enviroment

Overall great place to work. Management was patient and willing to help with whatever was needed. Good pay as well as a great work environment to be in.

A place to begin as a Truck Driver

Being a new AZ Driver with Canada Cartage, helped me to develop my trucking skills. There was no one behind me to make me stressed.To gain some experience it’s good place but for making money and a life it’s not a good place.

Pros

Relaxed job, Can gain experience, & Skill development 24hr breakdown service centre

Cons

Low earnings, Dusty truck cabins-not cleaned well, Dusty yard during summer, No motivation or inspiration from dispatch side, Difficulty to get replacement parts if asked for, Hard to get a dedicated truck I’m at the beginning.

Good

Good place to work. Fast paced. Hauled steel and lunber in flat bed department. Management was easy to get along with. And would do what they could to help you.

Can not recommend.

The managment at the time was a nice gentleman and the truck drivers were great. The other office staff made the work environment unbearable. "Mean girls" x 10.

Great team environment.

I had worked for Canada Cartage in the past, for about eight years. I had left only for a great opportunity which lasted four years and ended with COVID. I reached back out to Canada Cartage who welcomed me back. I really enjoy the environment and look forward to coming to work every day. I guess it really isn't work when you enjoy what you do!

Nice place to work and listen to employees' voice

Paid market average salary and benefits. People were friendly and respected each other. Casual dress at work. HR was proactive in resolving issues and hiring.

Worst job ever , lack of training or cross training, no coaching and for the managerial side worst company i ever worked for

No helpNo training No coachingNo support High expectations without clear guidelinesNo recognitionWorst managed company i ever worked for , i would not refer anyone to that company ever

Pros

Close to my house

Cons

You are left to yourself

Official response from Canada Cartage

22 February 2022
We are so sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience, we work really hard to ensure our employees are supported. Please reach out to employeevoice@canadacartage.com to share your experience.

Toxic workplace with horrible upper management.

I worked for this company for 8.5 years, trained two managers, and actually ran the company while they looked for a manager. There is no loyalty, they robbed half of my yearly bonus. Just absolutely toxic.

Pros

None.

Cons

Upper management are useless and do not care about the staff

Stressful place to work.

a stressful place to work bosses doesn't care about you or your need to have a home life. if you don't do what they say you will have a terrible run the next day.

Pros

close to my home

Cons

stressful place to work

Terrible company poor management

Constant changeover in management with all of them being extremely under qualified for their positions. Often would short hours and refused to pay any overtime.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay, inexperienced drivers

No job security

Felt isolated , have to bid on job duties where all senior union members pushed you to the bottom of the list , when I asked for other jobs to suit my needs they told me my only option is to resign. ,,, when questioning a senior boss I was yelled at.

Pros

No free food

Cons

Over worked and not paid overtime

productive and good environment to work in.

I have learnt so much new things in safety.Work place culture is very specific and it's has good environment with good people in your team.I always look forward to go to work.

Decent place to work as a whole

The only real negative was trying to get repairs done properly and in reasonable time while the truck sat waiting for your next shift.If you wrote up any defects chances are when you returned even 3to4 days later ,would not be fixed, especially (tires )

Pros

Dispatch treated you really good

Cons

Could of used a steady truck to drive

Hypocrisy

J'ai travaillé plus d'un ans a cette compagnieEt je dois dire que pendant plus de 10 mois j'ai été attitré a un magasin client de Cartage et son client pour des raison non valable a décidé de me changé après 10 mois de loyaux services et la compagnie Canada Cartage ma trimbaler de poste en poste de Longueil a laval et j'avais signé un contrat de 1 ans en bonne ediforme pour travailler sur la rive-sud mais il ne respecteront pas leur parole il ne protège aucunement pas leur employés et répartiteur a désirer

Pros

Truck attitré

Cons

Trop chef

Promised a job

I was promised a job as they said they needed people asap, i was supposed to be a driver around calgary. I quit my other job for it and for 2 weeks there was barley any communication until i reached out again in which they said i would start a week later. After being dragged on for an entire month after quitting my other job i get a call saying they don't actually need people right now, which doesn't make sense at all. So i was proimised a job and a month later, they backout on me so now i'm left with no job. They are the worst at communiating and don't care at all about you. from talking to other people in this job that orginally got it for me, they say it is a horrible work environment. These guys are horrible and I storngly reccomend thinking twice beofre applying for any of their jobs.

Pros

nothing

Cons

strung me along for a month before telling me that they didn't need any more drivers, even though they gave me the job a month ago

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement