Canada Cartage

Canada Cartage Employee Reviews

Canada240 reviews
Good work/life balance good pay fair management descent trucks good mechanics lots of choice of runs able to change runs when you want good support from management
Pros
Good trucks
Cons
Union shop
The location is very old and quite dirty. The main office needs a major gut job, not just the paint and carpet changes they recently made. The garage area and the office above it are horrid and extremely unsafe. The air quality and sanitization of it is well below health standards. It’s also a sexist environment and largely male, and they are not trained on harassment or the consequences.
Pros
Can’t think of anything
Cons
Privately owned, so no accountability.
Good Company Culture
Good work life balance

Good job security and continuous learning opportunity

Hope to have more advancement opportunity

Good company branding
worst management company in Canada, they treat you like s..., never will work with them. they don't care what you need or what your conditions are if they don't like it they will let you go.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
I really enjoyed a lot during my work in Canada cartage. All the people and supervisor was very cooperative and supportive. I learned so many new things there. I was overall good experience
Loved the role and what I was learning, however, things get dumped on you constantly and you are expected to obey management without question. You will get work piled on to you, especially if someone leaves your department, with no extra pay for your additional work. Cannot question management or it becomes a big issue. The only good thing is amazing coworkers and decent benefits
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Terrible management, no pay increase for increased workload
last 3 yrs management changed and they treated you like s..t Expect everything from you but do nothing in return cra...p raises..took advantage of you
Typical warehouse type job however you had no idea day-to-day what your tasks would be. The workforce was mostly comprised of Temporary workers with varying degrees of work-ethic that made work harder and sometimes FORCED Overtime as if you declined the manager would be rather rude and in your face.

Would not recommend.
The job is fantastic, the customers and staff are delightful. The managment is inept, incompetent and ego-driven. There is zero job security and they cite "restructuring " in every exit interview.
I come in, work hard with barely any downtime, I sweat, finish my shift, then talk a little bit with other employees. I take two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. I learned quick and am operating machines quickly and sometimes unsafely as management orders. They do not have the equipment to do some jobs so you usually have to compromise. New workers will be trained by various people in different ways. They just have to pick a way that works for them and if it works for them, it works for management. You start off with minimum wage to a dollar over minimum depending on how you discuss your starting wage. You may get ten cent raises every year or you may not depending on when management puts you into the system or not. Workers are nice, but other than that there is no culture. If you're good enough at your job, you get to talk friendly with the lead hands. The job is hard in an endurance aspect. If you're able to work hard and consistenlty, you keep your job, if not, you lose it. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work hard knowing that you are helping someone out greatly and learning operations in a warehouse. I enjoy working with the employees as there are interesting people working there.
Was a awesome job until the big moron from Edmonton decided to show up n start firing people including me I was employed there for over 8 years nothing else to say
I have only worked in the warehouse but I can say for a fact that it's a real dump. Questionable management, poor training and generally a inconsistent and uncomfortable workplace to be a part of. I had a very negative experience working there, and from what I saw they have a high turnover rate. There is birds living in the warehouse and there is bird droppings all over the place, on boxes packed with food product...
Transferred in from Ontario was told hours wouldn't change. Was informed by accountant my pay dropped 54% and hours if lucky got 6 a day. Plus management more into talking about daily lives and playing pranks on each other. No new accounts but loosing a lot of old ones. Hand bombing stacked to roof and loads fall on you just asked shake it off. Other drivers are great to work with.
Very fast-paced. Do as you are asked to do. Workplace culture is competitive rather than collaborative. Good for people who don't really like to engage much with fellow workers. Truck drivers are fun to talk with normally but also can be very assertive and sometimes confrontational. Still, I enjoyed working there.
management don't like to fallow the law and do basically anything they want. dispatch is not very bad at there job they have no responsibility drivers get every little help with directions
The union was a joke.
Alot of disgruntled employees

Forced weekends

Overtime is a joke

Caters to self employed agency drivers that want to much .. but dont want to work
Most people eat at desk; not much time for recharging with only a 30min lunch, and nothing in the vicinity. High staff turnover. Office setting is not desirable - credit team is in the basement. Relocation of department was not well throughout. Excellent benefits thought.
I was working for that company on the cryogenic account witch was the only account I was interested to work for . So in 2019 I had to move move from Cal
learned alot of basic computer stuff and was able to gain work experience. Would like to work at this company again but as driver or dock operator....
Really great people to work with in all areas, and a top facility to prepare at for your work day. If you can get the assignment (the account) you want, and if that gives you the amount of pay you want, it's an awesome place to work. I only left because I was stuck on night shift. The union system has you bidding on openings and the senior driver wins the bid. But other than that it definately is a place I would consider going back to and measure other opportunities against.
Pros
Good people, low stress
Cons
Union system for openings
So far I really have no complaints. I'm paid well and the job is fun. If i had to force a complaint it would be the generally forced OT you have to work that can ruin some plans that start closer to the end of your shift.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9