Canada Cartage Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2019
Honest leadership, open communication, little politics, craves honest feedback from employees through annual company survey, flexible working arrangements for projects and/or hours needed to make up for personnel time off, maintains a positive workplace environment, drives engagement, and maintains a culture of collaboration.
ok
Class 1 Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
it was a good place to work they were open to suggestions,
willing to help if you needed it. the boss was a great guy to work for, it was a great bunch of guys
Pros
good people in dispatch and drivers
Cons
two many little guys throwing their weight around in management
If your from Canada don’t bother applying!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 January 2019
I applied with these guys a few months ago
I have an clean class 1 drivers license, high school diploma, I’m 30 years old with lots of experience, I can drive Manuel transmission and told them I was willing to do any run including there logging jobs.
I was working for another trucking company doing pretty much the exact same thing, even spoke with a few of there drivers to help get me in.
After about 2 months of listening to the recruiters voicemail they finally contacted me on the phone and I had a 2 minute conversation with the recruiter and was told Ok we will call you if anything opens up and that was 6 months ago.
I’ve talked to a few other guys who had similar experiences which sadly makes me conclude that they only advertise jobs to Canadian Workers but bring in foreign workers cause there cheaper.
Hopefully we will see some reform in the trucking industry soon and hold these companies accountable
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
No opportunity for Canadian Drivers
8 January 2019

Thanks for your note and your feedback on the recruiting experience you had. Please contact us at info@canadacartage.com and someone will speak with you immediately. Just to set the record straight, we hired over 800 Canadian drivers over the past 12 months, and zero foreign workers. We have used the temporary foreign worker in the past, but only to fill gaps where we have not been able to hire enough Canadian drivers to meet our requirements. The program is much more expensive than hiring local drivers, so it’s not our preferred option.

Productive and Well-Managed Workplace
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 December 2018
Given opportunities for autonomy and decision-making pertaining to your role and responsibilities. Management is flexible and family-oriented. Workplace culture and employee engagement activities are high priorities; making Canada Cartage a great place to work.
early days
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2018
early days long hours management was not helping employees job itself was good the equipment was not great lots of waiting time lots of confusion too many people telling everybody what to do
Pros
the job
Cons
management
Don't work for Canada Cartage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 December 2018
Not a friendly company to work for.
Very rude
Pay is less
equipment always broken
Your coworkers can't even speak English very hard to communicate.
Poorly managed
Pros
Don't work here
Cons
Don't work here
21 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Canada Cartage invested over $50,000,000 in new equipment last year and prides itself on being a Top Fleet Employer. We care about our staff and want all of our employees to feel respected and taken care of. We are always looking for ways to improve so please contact us at info@canadacartage.com if you’d like to discuss further.

Stay away
Propane B-train driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2018
Worst place i ever worked. Paycheck was always short. Fight to get paid for delay time. Terrible old equipment. Below average pay and useless dispatchers. Refer to drivers as a piece of meat in the seat. Real funny
Pros
Cons
literally everything
19 December 2018

Canada Cartage is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Canada Labour Code which prohibits discrimination. We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment which include clearly defined processes for the reporting of such instances that are in violation of our Harassment policy. All incidents are investigated and appropriate action is taken. Even though you are not with the company any longer, we would like to hear about your experience through a confidential discussion. Please contact us at employeevoice@canadacartage.com.

Function
Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 November 2018
The operation of loading and unloading is quick and to the desired standards with a cross-docking facility used for inbound and outbound freight. The operation is the timely and friendly atmosphere to work in such a company. The company hires full-time workes except for interim part-time workers

A great company to work for.
Everything changes once your hired
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2018
I worked for Air Liquide as a driver, and Canada Cartage won the bid for contract drivers. I was told that very little would change, and initially that was correct. When the contract began, we all had rental units to drive, which were all poorly kept and maintained. They then leased tractors which were spec'd for vans (we pulled tanks), the activities we were initially paid for got dropped, fueling tractor, first trailer hook up, etc...
The management team were deceptive and vague, and at one point we were told we could load the steering axle to 6000 lbs, which was the tire manufacturer's maximum load rating, and not the provincial government rating.
The only way to make a decent living with Canada Cartage is to work in the bulk cryo division...but then you have 2 sets of incompetent management to answer to...
Pros
Air Liquide contract
Cons
Management and equipment
15 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our employees are our # 1 asset and we are committed to ensuring they feel valued for all of their hard work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com so we can get specifics about your situation.

Safety
A-Z OWNER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 November 2018
CANADA CARTAGE always keep the main focus on the safety and the friendly working environment. they have great customer service and offers the good service to the companies with whom they sign the contracts.
Only a number
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2018
new driver, no experience, overnight to the farthest point.
no humanity, you only a number, if you say no because you need to rest, better they are not able to count the hrs which you on the road,
or until you are back. company phone doesn't work, no cleaning supplies, you have to use your own, pranked all over the place.
nothingh really what it shows in the beginning.if you ask your manager: does anything happen? you get the answer: no everything fine.
Pros
new equipment, nice trucks if they are clean, orientation
Cons
as lower you are as more pranked you are
15 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We strongly encourage open communication with management so we are very sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to know more about your time here so we can make Canada Cartage an even better place to work. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information so we can learn more.

Edmonton terminal management is worst ever I seen
Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
Edmonton terminal is worst ever i seen.they dont have work.they need SLAVES not DRIVER.they have JUNK run that no any other Company wants to do . PEOPLE SITTING IN OFFICE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TRUCKING .

DRIVERS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Bad management, Junk trucks, Junk runs
31 October 2018

We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the company and the equipment you operated. Canada Cartage invested over $50,000,000 in new equipment to ensure our drivers’ have reliable trucks to drive. However, we are always looking to do better and would like to learn more about your specific situation so please contact us at info@canadacartage.com.

I treat my cat better than these guys treat their drivers.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
At first you might feel the company and run you're on "is a good fit"... but over time the customer will change the run... no big deal, you get another run, that works for a while until the work dries up. Call cartage works for awhile... except when you need a specific day off... then you can have 3 or 4 ... worse, if they're hiring... then they'll just replace any runs you were doing with new guys (to give them the impression there's lots of good runs available. ) And you? Who cares... you're already in service, they don't need to cater to you... hopefully you have deep pockets and not many expenses... because here... that's "Your problem " not managements, dispatches or anyone elses. Can't make it? Fine, revolving doors always running... have a nice life.
Pros
When you've got a decent run
Cons
The rest of the time
31 October 2018

At Canada Cartage all of our employees are important to us, so we are sorry to hear that you had less work than you would have liked. We promote open communication and encourage our employees to speak to their manager if they are troubled about something. Please contact us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information so that we can learn more about your specific situation.

Good Place for Your First Driving Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2018
If you are new to driving or you get on a contract that you like, then this is a good place be. Expect to move a lot of boxes by hand or push really heavy things by pallet jack. There's lots of tailgate work and the shift start times are poor. They will give you the worst truck they can, so fight for one that won't break down.
Pros
New Drivers Get Experience
Cons
Even if you are tired, Dispatch will push you
You'll do just fine, until they railroad you out the door
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2018
This used to be a good place to work for. Most of the management treated you well, that is until they started firing people for unjust reasons. Be careful you will get fired for the actions of other people on the road around you. So just be careful
23 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We want all of our employees to feel respected and taken care of.

Canada Cartage is always looking for ways to improve so please contact us at info@canadacartage.com and provide us with your contact information so we can learn more about your specific situation.

Lol Apprentices Stay Away
Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2018
Worst place to learn the management isn't learning friendly, better go elsewhere because all you gonna do is grease trucks and change oil. Dont learn anything you will just stuck
23 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your impression of management and that you didn’t learn as much as you would have liked to. We care about our staff and want all of our employees to feel successful. Please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information so we can follow-up on your experience.

Fast Paced with deadlines to meet
Billing/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
Management is extremely supportive and go beyond to help you succeed. They have an excellent employee appreciation agenda which make you feel very proud to be part of the organization.
Many different accounts with the opportunity to shine in your work with an account that works well with your knowledge and training.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere
Cons
rates of pay
Nope !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2018
This is the worse trucking company in the history of trucking companies.

Terrible management
EXTRA terrible dispatchers
semi terrible equipment
good mechanics
Pros
BBQ twice a year.
Cons
everything else
23 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. As a Top Fleet Employer, we care about our staff and want to learn more about your specific situation so please reach out to us at info@canadacartage.com with your contact information.

Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  DERRY AND TOMKAN7 August 2018
Great company , great environment, pay scale very good , hours are great , very clean place, , availability of parts great , location very close and very accessible to hyw, uniform available all the time , training is great, special tool very clean and store at nice place,
A dedicated fleet company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2018
This is a good company to work for with lots of room for advancement. There are some really great folks to work with and some great locations to work at.
Pros
Large company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Cartage. Our community is ready to answer.