Canada Cartage
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Canada Cartage Employee Reviews

To hard to get info on your job ,it seems everything is a secret your managers dispatchers just do not seem to know what is going on ,normal response to any question is shoulder shrug and a look of don't ask me .
Pros
Cons
Stress for no reason.
Everyone from training and management to dispatch and drivers are very informative, patient and approachable! They teach you all you need to know before getting you out on your own!
Ive worked , for them for over three years . Seens covid, we dont do alot of hand bombing. Except dollar tree where you unload the whole trailer by hand down rollers . Its once a week and they try and space it out between drivers . Management bends over backwards to accommodate appointments and life challenges. If your not afraid of hard work its a great place to work . The wages are low 21 something in saskatoon. Should be around 27 with the work we do . But their union and theres not much we can do. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, work phone, well maintained older equipment .
Cons
Weird hours . And you never know what tomorrow will be .
Everything was a pretty good,trucks was a few years old and dispatch also was a very friendly .Only small problem was night shift which I work almost all the time and sometimes was very difficult to stay awake all night.
Open door policy. Pays good, benefits really good, management knowledgeable of the Job their to do.great bunch of Co workers. Paid uniform and safety boots yearly.
Pros
They care of what you have to say on your employment
Cons
To many agency drivers and broker driver's whom aren't accountable for damages.
Manager of Operations doesn’t know what she’s doing. Discusses private information with your coworkers about you. No one is accountable for their actions.
Pros
I had a 3 day weekend every week
Cons
Low pay, high stress, drivers treated like garbage from account managers
Had been there two years on an account and all drivers which had been on the account was told we were getting a 3% raise. That being said I opened up my stub and realized that didn’t happen and ended up being less than a normal check. Called management to ask what this change was without the 3 % and was told I’ll have an answer the next day. Was told we all had been overpaid on that account and they made adjustments. C~ya
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Poor staff
Toxic work environment. No proper training. Unrealistic workload. Culture of blame. No communication and a severe lack of information that I needed to do my job. One night I got a call from a carrier requesting information and I no idea what to tell him because NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A NEW ACCOUNT let alone given me any information on what I was supposed to do. When I brought this up no one knew who was even supposed to inform me but they all just presumed that someone else did. I have never been made to feel more worthless in my entire life. I would rather clean truck stop toilets all day than work there again.
Pros
Cons
lack of training and information. Toxic environment.
Staff are friendly and help you e.g. if the photocopier jams etc. I learned alot of WSIB cases and case file and about the trucking industry overall.
Pros
Flexible hours for part timw staff
Cons
Far from where i live
You are a number and the management don't care about you. If they need you in tough time then ready to do anything for you but after the tough time you are nothing. The manager was even not ready to listen to you. Specially as an owner operator I never recommend this company.
If you work for their air liquid division it’s not bad. Always paid on time and no mistakes in your pay. They will train you right, too. Paid by the mile plus hourly at air Liquide terminal. Like with any other huge transportation company things are a bit unorganized but overall can’t complain. You are treated to a higher standard if your are doing cryogenic liquids and they try to keep you happy. The only problem I had was all trucks were automatic which certainly takes a truck driver out of you. Now with all that said, sometimes work gets slow and you will be asked to do something else like work for their Canada bread division and you’ll see a different Canada Cartage. You’ll get mistakes in your pay, some days even will be missing, so you really have to check your paystubs. Pay at other divisions is considerably lower than at their air Liquide division.
Pros
Pay not bad at cryo tanker division
Cons
Unorganized, automatic trucks
Almost 2 years ago i started as a new driver. They are so cooperative, so helpful i learned a lot here as a new driver.I highly recommend this place.
I worked at the log haul division in Cochrane AB. They operated out of a field with tow truck mechanics that couldn't fix your truck unless Penske approved the work. Well they rarely did anything right and I had wheels falling off from terrible maintenance, the hub oil was from 1995 but it's full and then they'd make it your fault for not doing a pretrip. Yeah ok... Real bad management, terrible company to work for.
Pros
In the summer, we worked 4 days a week and it paid $32 an hour
Cons
Read the review, scape goat the driver at any chance they get
If anything goes wrong the managers will blame you. I worked in the logging division and I got a rock chip in my windshield and got blamed. They have a point system for things and assign points to damages. A rock chip in a windshield was 6 points. You get 14 total. Ridiculous. Unless you know the managers, in which case flipping a truck gets you 1 point. So much politics. And they do not maintain the vehicles at all.
Cons
Long hours, badly managed
great work place environmentfriendly staff, which they're always available to help you with any issues you may have.good equipment and well maintained.
Beaucoup d’opportunités Support et encadrement Belle culture d’entreprise
Pros
Diversité
don't work in the winnipeg shop if steven breen is there he is a problem that simon wont fix the workshop has an apprentice in the foreman position.
Worked at this company 10 years, they are contract carrier... lots of work... different work... different contracts.. different trucks every day..if you work from open board - be prepare for new challenge every single day. For what they pay right now it's a no no.. overall ,got lots of experience working with them.
Pros
Lots of work, benefits...
Cons
Not enough money đź’°
priorité aux québécois et après le reste des mondes.
Pros
aucun
Cons
plusieurs j
the office is very toxic, the management and other long time staff are allowed to speak to new staff in a downgrading condescending manner. they seem to enjoy talking down to new staff. Dispatch has some nice people but one is allowed to come in smelling of alcohol. Great place for drivers to work , they are keep busy and are respected
Pros
some nice co workers
Cons
toxic place with bully mentality
Work was repetitive and easy.. training? What training? Supervisor of the account is inept. Bad grammar and spelling. I was ultimately let go citing “restructuring” (this happens A LOT) HR is new to the company and is hardcore team mangement when she should be neutral. Management is all men and it feels like if your a woman you should just sit down, do you job, don’t cause any waves and your job will be secure.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Management, pay, toxic environment
  1. Employee reviews