Canada Bread Employee Review

View all Canada Bread reviews

Not an ideal workplace
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON28 May 2013
Depending on the plant, the supervisor could treat the employees like drones and not like human beings. Overall, it was an okay experience.

A typical day was repetitive, the areas to clean would be different product lines, the floor, and the machines at the product lines; sign in, assigned an area, begin cleaning, break at 0900, resume work at 1000, return to assigned area, clean until 1200 Lunch break. Hour lunch break, resume to designated area at 1300, clean until 1500, sometimes asked to stay later until 1700, but regularly work ends at 1500.

From this place I have learned of many different cultural differences due to the different ethnicities present at work. I was trained in WHIMIS and in operation of a Floor Scrubber. I learned of how bagels and different breads are made, Communication skills improved as well as time management.

Management was alright, they would make sure that you were not over worked.

Co-workers were pleasant to work with, different ethnicity brought forth different perspectives on concepts, many philosophical discussions were had. They also had different educations and upbringings, showing me the different ways things could be completed in the workplace and outside of the workplace.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning the cheese line. It is a line where all the products with cheese are brought through, cheese covers everything, it is a day old, and dry and smells horrible. Two power washers were required to hose off the line, three floor men were needed to squeegee the water into drains.

The most enjoyable part of the job was
  more... when you were assigned to clean the floors, most relaxed job, four-six man job, one person would put chemical on the floor, another would use a power wash, and two or one would squeegee, while one would use the floor scrubber.  less
Pros
Hour long breaks, and everyone willing to talk to each other
Cons
Not everyone could speak fluent english

Other Canada Bread Employee Reviews

High School
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 July 2019
Worked here for a month until i quit and did not return. I was grabbed by a longterm employee and told to watch my back that was my last day. management does not have a clue and thinks they have the awesome maintenance team.
Pros
4 days on 3 off
Cons
Where do i start....
They treat their staff like sheep.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2019
Horrible management and environment. I don't recommend to anyone unless you're real hard up. The pay is decent if you stay a while but takes several years to make top wage.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime