Canada Bread

Canada Bread Employee Reviews

In my opinions they care so less about their workers. Worked there for over 5 years and when it was time to go. They couldn't even say a simple thank you for the service I had given them over those years. I wasn't getting fired or anything but they made me felt like I was just a simple number to them.
Pros
Good benefits, clean environments, safe place to work.
Cons
Terrible management
The job was complex and thats alright. The pay for the job wasn't great. The environment was very toxic. People full of gossip like to talk behind people's back and stir up drama. Some people were very nice and others just downright crazy. I did meet my best friend here though and we are now dating and live together after I left that place.
Pros
Was able to switch shifts for better homelife balance
Cons
Lots of backstabbing people. Not enough good people when i worked here.
Easy, Similar type of factory job, good pay, worst managementseniority kills new talentno opportunity to grow within the organizationpolitics at every stage
Pros
good pay, easy job
Cons
politics, worst management [HR]
speciall treatment for certain commimunities amd supervisors friends.. supervisors froemds cam be ur team leaders amd in management in even 1 month of joining even though they didnt knw abything about machines and jobs inside company. totally unfair treatment.
Pros
Cons
no weekends off u will bw working day evening and night in one week.
Productive, a very busy place to work but with nice energetic working people With earning points and can avail of the discount card incentive program
Pros
free lunches, on-site parking, with authorized discount card incentive for people who works hard
Cons
long working hours, even on Sunday, (you cannot attend your Sunday church)
some supervisors are bias and playing favorites. a lot of backstabbing co-workers. they have good extended health benefits and good pay. unionised company but it doesn't feel like there's a union.
Pros
good pay, good extended health benefits
Cons
toxic environment
5days a week at work and you will be sorrounded by people who work there for so many years in short seniority applied. There is no show and tell procedure in rank and file employee but you can easily addopt the nature of work once youve been there at the plant. I have learned that working with the machine is the really dangerous one. The management are nice specially the office management but the operation mangement sometimes no., but i understand them because its not easy the task that they had and managing the manpower. They really do their best to do the workplace as your second home. The most enjoyable part is when you assign to go in costco you will have a peace of mind in that place and the overtime.
Pros
Fixed off, provided uniform top to bottom
Cons
Working on some seniority people that feel they owned the plant lol
Unless hire into a direct position you end up being vacation relief changing positions every week and you don’t get your days off together. Half the plant had air conditioning the other did not. Your also in the vacation relief position for 2 years.
Pros
Fair pay free giveaways
Cons
Days off not together very hot in some areas
First off, Human Resources was outstanding during the interview and onboarding and are absolutely blameless - the one redeeming quality as its all downhill from there. Training is virtually non-existant. Was just handed off to my section supervisor who proceeded to just throw me on whatever random task needs to be done that day. No consistent training, no designated trainer (that was promised), no organization or co-ordination whatsoever. This is a common complaint and they know it (was even mentioned by management in a meeting) but they choose to ignore it. Management/workplace culture is more akin to an Orwellian dystopia than a conductive, supportive environment. Cameras everywhere including lunch rooms and the likes - they dont even trust employees to wash their hands choosing instead to use a locking turnstile system. Everything seems to run on organized chaos at best. Also during previously mentioned meeting the head production manager of the plant spent more time berating and condescending employees than anything worthwhile - apparently calling in sick 3 times a year is "unacceptable" and "unprofessional" regardless of circumstances. And finally, safety. Walkies travelling everywhere at dangerous speeds is a big problem. Having to move giant stacks of trays (some of which are ~10 feet tall or more with enough weight to do some serious damage) by hand/hook is also a constant danger - witnessed 3 fall in a span of days. Management knew about this but elected to increase the height of stacks even further to save money on shipping. The hardest part of the job - more...
Pros
Occasional free products but that was axed just after starting, HR is excellent
Cons
Nonexistent training, miserable environment, struggle just to get basic equipment, miserable environment, unsafe environment
Gained several years of experience in different department.Always opportunity for advancement.Good rewards and recognition of Job well done. Very relaxed environment
An excellent place of employment. Employees are collaborative and work well among themselves and with supervision. The only reason my tenure at Canada Bread was only four years was a result of restructuring. Five other salaried positions were terminated.
Typical day starts in the evening and ends early mornings. It is difficult to have a balanced work life along with staggered days off. This makes it touch to spend time with friends and family.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
long work days
The management is very tough. Safety is least compared to other grupo bimbo plants. Strict actions will be taken to the offenders. People are friendly.
One of the best workplace. Environment is really good..you work hard for your own bussiness..Two days off in a week is really a good charm for a bussiness owner now a days..
Been there all my life.worked all shifts in different areas ,closed in Toronto and made huge plant in Hamilton mountain. Lots of movement in the plant, people love their bread so secure job for future.
The Canada bread company was great I worked there for 24 years. I had experience in all departments and as a lead hand person I was watching over 15 other employees. I worked days and nights but nights are more preferable for me.
The plant is no longer operating. There were real problems with management and the union. Things were poor safety wise as the plant was old and not kept up to date.
working atmosphere is too bad , management and hr does not have kindness ,behavior is bad. Wages are better for job but stress is more on this company
Job was easy going on your own time just had to meet targets. weekends off monday to friday 4am-6pm is the hours you work between. benefits were good as well.
Depends on which area you work. I worked sanitation which required overnights. Do a lot of sweeping and mopping. People working production usually worked early mornings up until night time.
Opened and closed store daily Monday to Friday. Sorted and put out bread . Ordered products daily checked off orders from plant on warehouse. Performed cash duties and did up cash at end of day and made deposits at the bank. The most enjoyable part of my job is interactions with my customers on a daily basis. I also enjoyed contact
  1. Employee reviews