Canada Bread Employee Reviews

Very productive Work area
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 November 2018
I had a great 6 years with Canada Bread , great wages and benefits, the days went by quick and it was very busy always kept me on my feet. I enjoyed working there .
Great team environment!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT & OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 October 2018
My typical day was supporting the regional/national sales team and managing the office. I enjoyed this fast-paced environment but my favorite part was working with such a great team.
Pros
Free bread/health/dental
Cons
I lost my job once they down-sized the company nationally.
aucun commentaire
Conseillère en développement des affaires (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC10 October 2018
l'entreprise a été vendu depuis mon départ, aucun commentaire
Pas de vision d'avenir
Coordonnatrice (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 October 2018
Budget limité pour les projets. Et pourtant, cela prendrait beaucoup plus d'investissements. Manque de ressources dans beaucoup de départements. Pas de possibilité d'évolution dans l'entreprise, pas de vrai plan de carrière, peu de considération pour ses employés et très peu de reconnaissance.

Le style et la gestion des ressources humaines ressemble à celui des années 80. Il vaut mieux avoir les bonnes personnes dans sa poche pour évoluer. Pas vraiment d'équité salariale non plus.

L'aspect positif était l'horaire flexible de mon emploi.
Pros
Horaire flexible
My resume
SUPERVISEUR EXPÉDITION, RÉCEPTION (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC27 September 2018
I started to work with Canada Bread 10 years ago at Beauport plant. They appreciated my dedication so they offered me a shipping job at their other plant in Quebec city with better conditions/salary. A few months later, I had a permanent job at the shipping department and I also became president of the Union. The company was using me as a lead hand for their production department until they offered me a salary position, production planner. During the first 2 years of being salaried, I was being sent to other plants to introduce a new manufactuing computer system accross the Canada. Then, they offered me a position of supervisor at the shipping department. In the last year, I was also giving my help to the production side as a production supervisor (35+ employees per shift). I am trying to reach a role of senior supervisor to learn more.
Pros
only 30 mins to lunch, not paid.
Cons
Shift of 8 to 12 hours
productive, organized and friendly work environment
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 September 2018
An okay place to work; decent wages, friendly staff, also helpful and involved management. Most enjoyable part of the job; I'd say working as a team to create a safe and efficient work environment.
Pros
Decent hourly wages, friendly staff
Cons
Poor shipment organization coming out of the city, seasonal for any new staff
We all walk the talk of our values
Senior Talent Attraction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2018
Great company to work with, people listen to your ideas and treat you with respect. I also like the community and voluntary activities that we participate in.
We are also working very hard towards reducing our carbon imprint.
productive
Lots of room to grow
Great leadership
Healthy and balance environment
paid ok
fun activities from time to time
Pros
free lunch
Ok place to work short time.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2018
I worked here for maybe a month before I decided I wasn’t going to continue working with people who are always talking poorly about you. I worked as a shipper and the pay was good the work was pretty cool too, the only thing I hated about this job were the people and the hours. Never would you get two days in a row off, sometimes even working up to 8 days in a row without 1 day off. No one shows you what to do properly and they will get mad at you for not understanding them whe They are not speaking English, often times would be made to feel dumb and overal not a good work environment. Very hostile people most with anger issues.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Terrible people to work with, bad hours
Fast paced production environment
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2018
Mixing dough for bread.
A lot. How operate various industrial bakery machinery.
Very bad big time. Does not care about employees' family lives.
We produce quantity instead of quality.
When you finished a full shift without any machines problem.. Now that is enjoyable
either 8 hours or 56 a week.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 September 2018
I was hired for a part time position, and it was quickly made clear that part time wasn't an option. either you are doing one shift a week or you are doing full time and overtime. Over time is offered to full time employees before on call employees are given a shift.
in my first weeks I was told I wouldn't get trained if I wasn't working full time.
Now that the summer is over it's nearly impossible to walk into work without hearing from older employees that everyone is going to get fired. the work environment is negative.
benefits are reviewed once yearly, and you need an average of 30+ hrs a week to receive them. Because benefits are reviewed in January if you are hired in December and work 30+ hrs for four weeks you will have benefits for the entire year. BUT if you are hired in February, even if you do 50+ hrs a week you will not have benefits until the year after.

if you manage to get a posting (basically a position with a 3-12month schedule) you will be called to work any time you are not in the factory, then management will tell you that if you miss three call in shifts that they can fire you (they cant).
but even with that said if you want to work here, they hire a whole bunch of people for the night shift every summer, the night shift is then terminated in the fall, and all employees are placed in the "part time pool" or put on-call.
Pros
decent pay, starting 18.22/hr. room to move up.
Cons
long shifts, negative people, poor managment. No part time, not enough postings for the amount of people.
Extra money PT work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
Check codes on bread, Hot Dog and Hamburg bun. Rotate and fill shelves with bread and buns. Face up all bakery shelves. Organize back area ready for next day.
processus d'entrevue cauchemardesque
cadre (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2018
Lors de mon entrevue, on m'a mentionné que le fait que j'avais un trouble de bégaiement faisait en sorte que je ne pouvais être retenu pour le travail demandé, alors que ce trouble est habituellement plus présent en entrevue et dans un contexte inconnu.

Ils ont sentit que leur comportement était inadéquat, puisque j'ai reçu un appel pour une seconde entrevue en personne deux jours plus tard.

Toutefois, malgré des relances de ma part où on me disait que j'aurais des nouvelles bientôt, je n'ai plus jamais eu de nouvelles et le poste a été réaffiché. Ce fut l'expérience la moins professionnelle et transparente que j'ai vu de ma carrière de travailleur. Cela ne peut qu'être malheureusement représentatif de l'entreprise. Ce n'est pas une bonne manière de traiter des candidats et des employés.
excellent
préposé expédition (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC30 August 2018
mon emploi chez Canada Bread est épanouissant parce qu'il me permet de faire une activité intellection et physique.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Shipper / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2018
Had a good experience work with Canada bread. Good benefits and good salary. Have fun to work with other people a diversity work place. Great job CB..
Pros
A 2 break time paid
Cons
Longs hours
Excellent company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, New Brunswick16 August 2018
Canada Bread is a good company to work for and the salaries/wages are excellent. I would recommend this as a good company to work for. All associates are treated fairly and management do a great job at letting associates know that they are doing a good job. The company culture really values each and every associate. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the plant running well with minimal safety issues.The hardest part of the job would be the high heat in the summer months. I have learned and experienced many changes with the company in which has given me so many opportunities of learning new things. I would recommend to anyone interested in working for this company that it is a good place to work for and all associates are valued.
Pros
Paid breaks, lunches and excellent benefits
Cons
working in the summer months heat however the winter months are very comfortable.
good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
just missing my back home the first day of work

learn about production work

mamagement was helpfull

work place was good

just scared obout the temprature of the product

team work was enjoyable
Millwright/Lead Hand
Lead Hand/Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2018
I was Millwright in Canada Bread 7 years , we inspect and repair all Machine and transport station for breads and bun product , we was working in a three shift system , the team work was very great .
Structured
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 July 2018
Positive and fun work environment, able to work with the public as well as independently. Routine and structured work load. Learning responsibilities such as daily routines and deadlines.
Bait and switch
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 June 2018
Hired as a machine operator with a pay of $16.90/hr to start. No other number was discussed. There is training period and during this time my pay was $15.17/hr. I complained but they say it is normal. Went to the union and they said this is wrong and would fight to recover my lost wages. I found another job with higher pay and quit.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
No weekends off and you don’t get two consecutive days off!