Canada Bread Employee Reviews

Ok place to work short time.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2018
I worked here for maybe a month before I decided I wasn’t going to continue working with people who are always talking poorly about you. I worked as a shipper and the pay was good the work was pretty cool too, the only thing I hated about this job were the people and the hours. Never would you get two days in a row off, sometimes even working up to 8 days in a row without 1 day off. No one shows you what to do properly and they will get mad at you for not understanding them whe They are not speaking English, often times would be made to feel dumb and overal not a good work environment. Very hostile people most with anger issues.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Terrible people to work with, bad hours
either 8 hours or 56 a week.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 September 2018
I was hired for a part time position, and it was quickly made clear that part time wasn't an option. either you are doing one shift a week or you are doing full time and overtime. Over time is offered to full time employees before on call employees are given a shift.
in my first weeks I was told I wouldn't get trained if I wasn't working full time.
Now that the summer is over it's nearly impossible to walk into work without hearing from older employees that everyone is going to get fired. the work environment is negative.
benefits are reviewed once yearly, and you need an average of 30+ hrs a week to receive them. Because benefits are reviewed in January if you are hired in December and work 30+ hrs for four weeks you will have benefits for the entire year. BUT if you are hired in February, even if you do 50+ hrs a week you will not have benefits until the year after.

if you manage to get a posting (basically a position with a 3-12month schedule) you will be called to work any time you are not in the factory, then management will tell you that if you miss three call in shifts that they can fire you (they cant).
but even with that said if you want to work here, they hire a whole bunch of people for the night shift every summer, the night shift is then terminated in the fall, and all employees are placed in the "part time pool" or put on-call.
Pros
decent pay, starting 18.22/hr. room to move up.
Cons
long shifts, negative people, poor managment. No part time, not enough postings for the amount of people.
Extra money PT work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
Check codes on bread, Hot Dog and Hamburg bun. Rotate and fill shelves with bread and buns. Face up all bakery shelves. Organize back area ready for next day.
processus d'entrevue cauchemardesque
cadre (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2018
Lors de mon entrevue, on m'a mentionné que le fait que j'avais un trouble de bégaiement faisait en sorte que je ne pouvais être retenu pour le travail demandé, alors que ce trouble est habituellement plus présent en entrevue et dans un contexte inconnu.

Ils ont sentit que leur comportement était inadéquat, puisque j'ai reçu un appel pour une seconde entrevue en personne deux jours plus tard.

Toutefois, malgré des relances de ma part où on me disait que j'aurais des nouvelles bientôt, je n'ai plus jamais eu de nouvelles et le poste a été réaffiché. Ce fut l'expérience la moins professionnelle et transparente que j'ai vu de ma carrière de travailleur. Cela ne peut qu'être malheureusement représentatif de l'entreprise. Ce n'est pas une bonne manière de traiter des candidats et des employés.
excellent
préposé expédition (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC30 August 2018
mon emploi chez Canada Bread est épanouissant parce qu'il me permet de faire une activité intellection et physique.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Shipper / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2018
Had a good experience work with Canada bread. Good benefits and good salary. Have fun to work with other people a diversity work place. Great job CB..
Pros
A 2 break time paid
Cons
Longs hours
Excellent company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, New Brunswick16 August 2018
Canada Bread is a good company to work for and the salaries/wages are excellent. I would recommend this as a good company to work for. All associates are treated fairly and management do a great job at letting associates know that they are doing a good job. The company culture really values each and every associate. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the plant running well with minimal safety issues.The hardest part of the job would be the high heat in the summer months. I have learned and experienced many changes with the company in which has given me so many opportunities of learning new things. I would recommend to anyone interested in working for this company that it is a good place to work for and all associates are valued.
Pros
Paid breaks, lunches and excellent benefits
Cons
working in the summer months heat however the winter months are very comfortable.
good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
just missing my back home the first day of work

learn about production work

mamagement was helpfull

work place was good

just scared obout the temprature of the product

team work was enjoyable
Millwright/Lead Hand
Lead Hand/Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2018
I was Millwright in Canada Bread 7 years , we inspect and repair all Machine and transport station for breads and bun product , we was working in a three shift system , the team work was very great .
Structured
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 July 2018
Positive and fun work environment, able to work with the public as well as independently. Routine and structured work load. Learning responsibilities such as daily routines and deadlines.
Bait and switch
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 June 2018
Hired as a machine operator with a pay of $16.90/hr to start. No other number was discussed. There is training period and during this time my pay was $15.17/hr. I complained but they say it is normal. Went to the union and they said this is wrong and would fight to recover my lost wages. I found another job with higher pay and quit.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
No weekends off and you don’t get two consecutive days off!
good company
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Great company! Management and Executive staff were very helpful and approachable, great staff on all levels. Busy environment. Good pay. Staff takes great pride in their work and the brand
Pros
Good People
Cons
Long Hours
it was a great place to work good money good hours also great culture
Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 June 2018
it was a very good job loved the hours like the work a lot was a fun place to work it was good money also but it was organised also it was all around great place to work
Canada Bread
Mechandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON16 May 2018
Great company to work for, however ofcourse the hours because it is delivery were not the best in regards to weekends, however waking up early and being done early was wonderful because you had the rest of your day to do whatever you wanted. Great customer service experience, and you often had to work your creative side when it comes to creating the perfect display
cold calls
Bilingual Call Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2018
take orders cold calls book drivers bake bread remove expired merchandise prebook two days advanced timelines needed new product to test and approve before they go out to stores
Pros
free bread
Cons
short hours
Do more with less
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Western Canada2 May 2018
Cost management practices include regular downsizing initiatives, leaving those left with more work, less time and no recognition for incremental duties performed.
A typical manufacturing environment
Senior Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
It is a typical manufacturing environment with good, hard-working, friendly people. There is room for advancement for the right people and support when you need it.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Work/Life balance
Awful people from top to botttom, everyone in competition for jobs/seniority in the plant
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2018
Worst job I've ever had, they pay a decent wage and know they can get any with overworking/mistreating the common associate. HR only there to support the company's employees/supervisors, they will assist you with nothing. Overlook health/safety issues for production/waste concerns.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible work environment
bad place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON24 April 2018
This is the place that hope and dreams go to die,management is self serving and care not for the hourly workers, only the most desperate need apply.avoid at all costs.
Pros
free product you wont eat
Cons
place sucks
Great management team and associates
Six Sigma At The Edge Site Leader (Rivermede) (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON23 April 2018
Company values are a great foundation to help all employees to grow and be productive. Management team is open to new ideas and actively work on engaging employees for their ideas on how to improve their work processes and helps employees to work towards developing these ides so that they have are great sense of pride and ownership.