Canada's Wonderland

Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Canada’s wonderland was my first job ever . I have gained a lot of experience from there. The company has a good environment of variety of different people.
Pros
Cooking experience
24 March 2021
We're glad you enjoyed your experience at Canada's Wonderland! Thanks for your review. 🎢
I really enjoyed working at Canada’s wonderland, faced paced environment made if interesting but it could get tiring sat times. Fun coworkers and good managemtn
I dont think i will ever be able to get back the time and money i wasted going to that horrendous job i regret ever stepping foot on the property and wish i could have spent my summer working somewhere way different
Pros
Nothing literally nothing
Cons
They dont even give u free water. They hate you and talk smack about you
Worst experience ever, management sucks. One little mistake and they hold you accountable forever. Extremely difficult to be moved up to higher positions because management likes to play favourites and if you are not a favourite they won't promote you. The promotions were pointless anyways because its only a 10 cent increase from what the min wage is. The ten cents is def not worth all the stress that comes with the promotion. Working at wonderland does look good on your resume, but if you can skip this place I would totally recommend it. Working at wonderland is like being in a high school with a bunch of 20 year olds that act like they are still in high school. If you like sweating like a dog then go for it..
Cons
One of my favourite Jobs ever as a teenager. it was actually my first job! I always recommend this job to my teen friends and friends that carry an outstanding personality because Canada Wonderland Always brings out the best in everyone !
Pros
good exercise
Cons
Weather is hot
24 March 2021
Good place to work in terms of improving your resume and having regular hours. Every time (of associates) that I have worked with has ended up being great. Direct supervisors (of E.S specifically) are great, friendly and personable. Any higher up, they're intimidating, cold-shouldered and generally unpleasant to work with, interview with and even eat lunch with. Additionally, pay is incredibly low for the amount of work that E.S workers need to do. Raise the wage for E.S. associates AND E.S. supervisors.
Pros
Lots of events, access to park, benefits to other Ontario
Cons
Super strict (to the minute) about breaks/lunches, feels like you're being watched 24/7, not allowed to sit even if there is down time, management gets angry at pretty much anything
10 February 2021
Cheapest employer ever they pay you minimum wage and expect professionalism plus they make you walk a long distance to your site and the facilities are dirty and the managers are bullies.
10 February 2021
Thanks for reviewing your experience at Canada's Wonderland. Seasonal jobs offer skills, knowledge, experiences and friends that can last a lifetime. We'd like to learn more about your experience. Could you provide your contact info via email to careers@cedarfair.com with subject INDEED REVIEW.
I worked at Canada's Wonderland as a service associate in the food dpt. It was a fun experience. Although workdays were always long and sometimes stressful, the people I worked with made it so much fun. Managers used to be on our backs about EVERYTHING, I was leaning on the wall beside my cash register one time because no customers were even in the store, and a manager said "Umm, why are you leaning? Do you not want to be here." It was in a very aggressive and sassy tone. They are also really mad when you talk to the person next to you even if no customers are present. Yet at the same time, managers are the ones that break all of their own rules. Other than the managers, for a below minimum wage job (Because I was under 18), they expected a lot out of us and we had to do some of the most disgusting work, The job itself was bad, but the people that worked there and just working at Wonderland in general was fun.
Pros
Free Cedar Fair parks admissions, free access to other attractions in Ontario
Cons
Long hours, dirty environment
10 February 2021
I had 2 amazing seasons working, I personally worked at Leviathan and I loved it there, the perks and discounts for workers were great too. It is a fast paced and fun environment. You can make great friends!
Pros
Discounted food, drinks, tickets etc.
Cons
Long hours, some rides do not have shade, very fast paced depending on the rides.
10 February 2021
Felt very welcomed from the first day worked. Was only a seasonal employee.Great bunch of guys that were always willing to give a handGreat team leader.
Pros
Close to home. 4 day work week with availability to work extra hours
Cons
Seasonal work
20 November 2020
Easy to move up the ranks, flexible with scheduling, and many benefits if you already enjoy visiting (free entry, free tickets, competition between employees for prizes). Despite the obvious downsides, it's easily my favourite job. I'd take it over any other minimum wage workplace.
Pros
Easy to get to management, free entry in park, free tickets, free lunches, merch/food discounts (20%?), competition between employees to win prizes, easy to make friends with other kids working there
Cons
Guest complaints, majority young and/or lazy management
29 October 2020
This was the worst employer by far. You can expect to have zero work life balance especially in the high season. You are expected to devote yourself entirely to your job with zero recognition or reward. Its difficult to get your vacation time approved and managers are all on power trips, who also love to micro manage.
Pros
free season pass for the family
Cons
no breaks, short staff, micro managers, excessive work, no work life balance
12 October 2020
When I worked there, I had to start at 6:00 am for my job as a mechanic, shifts were 8hrs, and rarely was there overtime available for me. Environment was awesome.
Pros
Staff discounts, free passes
Cons
Low pay for temps
27 September 2020
great summer job if you're around 15-19 years old. people you work with are your age so its easy to get along with them. you may have to deal with extreme guests but overall its a fun experience!
Long hours with complaining guests and some stressful days but overall a good experience to have and amazing coworkers but need a lot of patience. There was little time to have a personal life because they would always book me in for back to back consecutive days with long hours.
Pros
free entry and discounts with amazing coworkers
Cons
long tiring hours in the sun with stressful guests
I worked in the food industry. There was not enough on site training for cash registers specifically. Management was not very great. They did not schedule me for 2 weeks for no reason. It felt like only a few of us were actually doing work while everybody else listened to music in the back. Customers yell at you because of food prices and many other stupid reasons. My brother worked there as well and his experience was even worse. Management did not care about their employees at all.
Pros
Free wonderland pass, flexible schedule, 20% discount
Cons
Horrible management, hot and strict uniform, useless coworkers, unorganized scheduling
fast paced, teach you a lot, interview was very difficult and unreasonable. depending on your department employees can be very pushy and demanding. wouldn’t recommend
Pros
paid well
Cons
employees can be rude
Workers must be punctual and hard working. If the tasks are completed, the job feels enjoyable and builds sense of team work. There are many advantages to start there, as one can create a network by meeting a lot of new people and better themselves with the tremendous experience gained.
Pros
Free entry in park
Cons
Canada's Wonderland was a fun and exhilarating place to work. Many benefits included discount food and beverages, Discount tickets for special holidays (Haunt, Winter Wonderland). Also friendly staff and management.
It was fun to work in wonderland but it is stressful sometimes and it is fast-paced working culture. The best part is they don't recommend one has to be experienced.
have not yet started to work there although I can tell wonderland is a great place and community. very fun and joyous people. can't wait to be apart of the it.