Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
I loved the environment. I loved my managers and co workers, I developed great relations with them . The hardest part of the job was learning everything on the menu in the beginning.
Pros
discounts
Cons
summer job
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 April 2018
make you work back to back from the time the park opens to when it closes sometimes
not really a friendly environment
bossy managers
friendly co workers
Pros
friendly co workers
Productive and fun workplace
Maze Attendant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 April 2018
i had so much fun working there i met a lot of people there and I made friends there. It was also a nice experience there I met a lot of friendly customers.
Fun workplace with friendship/bonding opportunities.
CASHIER/ FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 April 2018
Fun, happy work environment. A typical day at work includes arriving, getting assigned a duty for the day, or a few hours then working your best to make guests happy. Hardest part of the job is standing in hot, dry, conditions for a prolonged amount of time. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people everyday, dealing with different issues and situations that test your problem solving skills.
Pros
Benefits at other attractions, discount of lunches and free admission to the park.
Cons
Long hours, plenty of standing/walking around.
Create place for young students
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 April 2018
It is a great first job for any young students trying to make money and get some experiences. it is a great and lively environment, the co-workers are usually nice and management is helpful
Great work experience for first timers
Food Service Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 March 2018
Getting to work is a struggle if you live far away. Managers are strict but nice and very helpful, very fast paced, closing often goes over your shift time. depending on your unit it can be pleasant or very stressful. you will be moved around a lot to other places in the park, you have to be able to adapt and learn the cash register at other food places very quickly. best to start working as soon as the park opens because there are less guests and you can have time to learn about your unit and duties before it gets extremely busy in the summer months. (will have to buy your own uniform).
Management is on a power trip and HRIS trainers have a ridiculous uniform
HRIS/Trainer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON27 March 2018
HR staff wear the same uniform as ride operators. Management is on a power trip, they don't take the time to get to know their staff. Tasks are very repetitive and inefficient.
Good First Job
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
You see the ins and outs of an amusement park. You see all the hard work that goes on day by day. Long hours always on your feet. You get discounts all over the park and other entertainment in the city.
Pros
fun, meet a lot of people, discounts
Cons
transit
Difficult hours
Summer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 March 2018
Due to the nature of the industry, the hours aren't great. You are required work weekends and holidays. There is an opportunity for advancement within the organization as there are many different departments.
Pros
Free seasons pass to park.
Cons
Long hours must work weekends and holidays.
Long hours and terrible guests
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 March 2018
The experience at Wonderland as an employee is extremely hit or miss. If you're unfortunate enough to end up in anything other than the rides department you can expect to suffer during your summer. If you do manage to be in rides, you better hope that your supervisors like you otherwise you might as well quit.

Want to know more about Canada's Wonderland?

Ask a question
Lots Of Money WIth Added Stress
Merchandise Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 March 2018
As a high school student this was probably one of the most fun jobs I've ever had. It got stressful at times. But I mean when working somewhere like Wonderland thats something you have to expect. The pay was also really good, but that's something that varies from person to person.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Hour Cuts, Stress
worst place to work
thrill burger supervisor (Former Employee) –  thirll burger14 March 2018
wonderland was absolutely horrible it was the worst place i have ever worked. pay was horrible hours where crazy ( 12pm-2am) horrible management and weird customers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Canada's Wonderland is the busiest place to work.I have gained many skills throughout working at Canada's Wonderland.All the co-workers and supervisors' are nice and much helpful, especially if it is the first day of your work at Canada's Wonderland.
Fun Work Place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
I usually worked in the morning until the evening. Working in the morning is pretty easy and relaxed because there wasn't usually a lot of customers, if there were, it would be a short rush. Until later on the day, it would get hectic on normal days. I learned that serving costumers isn't fun and some will just be plan rude for no reason, but costumers are always first, and i did everything i can to satisfy their needs. Working at wonderland is fun, especially with the workers, closing at night is really fun at times and just bonding and making new friends, but wonderland does give you long hours, and it really does exhaust you sometimes. working at wondering was a fun experience.
Pros
Working with friendly staffs
Cons
Good for first time workers
Customer Service Representative/Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Not too bad, can get extremely busy sometimes. Highly recommend for those starting to work. Do not expect them to write the recommendation letter though.
Pros
Park Perks
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and comfortable place to work
Maze Monster (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 March 2018
A typical day at work was working together and having fun while entertaining customers during the Halloween Haunt season, I learned how to manage my time, become a team and work with them and how to endure a long shift with constant movement and on my feet.
Pros
Perks for free admission to Wonderland before shifts, Ripleys and CNtower
Cons
Standing and making constant movement for hours
Really enjoyed my time working here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 March 2018
Canada's Wonderland was an amazing place to work at because of the good vibes, the amazing game's staff I got to work with, our supervisors were very chill and easy to get along with. The training and orientation process was good and in depth as well.
Pros
Discounted lunch at Cast Member's cafeteria, free entry into park, discount on merchandise
Cons
long hours, can get very hot during the day and uniform is very strict.
Summer Job
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2018
Good for a summer job
It is a faced paced environment, where lots of guests have issues and you have to deal with them as quickly as possible to not hold up the rides.
Productive, well populated work environment with friendly people
Maze Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
A typical day at work did not consist of challenging tasks. The staff was friendly and made you feel welcomed. Also, the visitors don't usually cause problems.
Pros
Reduced cost of merchandise (Employee discount)
Cons
Long hours standing in any weather
Fun place to work at over the summer
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON3 March 2018
As an employee of Canada’s Wonderland, I was given the responsibility to bring excitement, fun and memorable experiences to the guests of the amusement park. Usually a typical day for me would be a 6-7 hour shift, where I would be placed at a games booth and told to promote my game. I'd be in charge of advertising our low prices and our fabulous prizes and would be held financially responsible for all financial transactions made at my designated booth. During this time I learned how to grasp people's attention and to promote a stand or product successfully. An enjoyable part of my shift was getting to do things on my own as I was often alone at a booth and able to promote how I wanted to. In periods of low customers such as cold and rainy days, when no one wants to play a game, I was challenged and still managed to successfully promote it.
Pros
Discounts you could get on park food, and also free tickets to the park
Cons
Long hours under the sun