Canada's Wonderland Employee Reviews

Amazing place, taught me a lot and help my tea working skills
Sales Associate and chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
Working at Canada's wonderland was a memory to always remember, i had good co-workers, good managers and supervisors. i learned to improve my team management skills and i was always punctual.
Pros
employee events
Cons
getting sent home on a less busy day
Very fun place to wiork, but hours are long
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 February 2019
the job is great for anyone looking to get work experience. It's a fun experience when you have a great manager. But the hours are very long, and sometimes the environment of working is not great for what you are compensated for.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
Best Summer Job for Students BUT depends on department
Guest Services and Group Sales (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 February 2019
I worked at Wonderland for several seasons, all within the same department except for last year when I switched. Your experience entirely depends on the management so I would suggest to apply to departments that are used to training seasonal associates i.e. Games, Admissions, Security.

If you put effort and pride in your work, it will show and you WILL find opportunities for promotions. This is by far the best summer job for high school and university students because you get good hours with a decent pay. There are generally other students working as well so the atmosphere is fun and you will make lasting friends!

The only reason I didn't give 5/5 was because of a poor experience I had with the management in a particular department.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, Free employee events, work culture
Cons
management (department specific)
Delivering the food to the restaurants.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 February 2019
- helped deliver the food from warehouse to the restaurants in the park
- organized the warehouse by doing inventories alternative Sundays
-Everyone was treated equally.
Pros
There was one shift, and not random.
Cons
nothing I could think of.
Amazing Workplace
I.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 February 2019
Everyday is a great day at the IT department. It is like a family. Love working there and would love to be there full time. I really recommend the position.
Pros
Free entry to any Cedar Fair park
fun work palce
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 February 2019
Canada's wonderland is a very happy and fun environment to work in the benefits are really good you can get in the park for free when ever you want. also there are free tickets you can get as an employee.
Canada's Wonderland Job Review
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Riptide14 February 2019
working at Canada's Wonderland is more of an unexpected job environment. By that I mean that every day is something new and you are always dealt a set of new challenges that you have to overcome each day. The supervisors always treated me well as they are young and full of encouragement and help people out when needed. Canada's Wonderland has a very good system when dealing with situations, which is very well because they are always dealing with a fresh set of employees.
Pros
employee break cafeteria, free admission, cheap discounts, meet lots of new people
Cons
guests sometimes are hard to be on their good side, outdoor in summe
fun Environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 February 2019
well working here it is a lot of fun. you get to meet new people. it was nice fast past. and if i need time off i was able to get when i needed it. the hardest part of the job would of been the travel there and back home every day.
fun place to work
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 February 2019
if your looking for a fun and full time paying summer job this is it. you get to meet new people each and everyday and always have the opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
Good people and friendly staff
Cons
Hourly wage can be a bit higher
fun place
Ride Operator/Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 February 2019
canada's wonderland was a great place to work at minus the cons of working there, there was many up and downs working there, if you go on break on the hour and someone comes late to 'rotate' you from you position late then that goes into your break making you have a shorter break
Pros
meet new people
Cons
30 min break every 5 hours, work in sever weather (heavy rain, snow, heat and cold), rude guests
fun workplace
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2019
Amazing hours, amazing staff! Great work environment and many things to do to keep busy. Never boring overall a fun easy going job and experience. Loved it!
Energetic place of employment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 January 2019
The experience I had at Canadas Wonderland was a very memorable one; as the individuals who worked there were filled with life and energy. The company was very direct and intentional in their mission statement and made sure all their employees understood what their core values were.
fun workplace, bad management
ADMISSIONS REP (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 January 2019
If you're looking for a fun and easy summer time gig, this is the job for you. Granted you are able to deal with shady and disrespectful management that cares little to nothing for their workers. I can't speak for the whole park as a whole but admissions management certainly was nothing to write home about. Very unprofessional with little leadership skills. Other than that, co-workers are lovely and it is always a good time assisting families in having a memorable experience
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad management
Fun place to work and enjoy
Backlot Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 January 2019
This is a place to see happy and joyful faces and experience the vacation mood. Employees, supervisors and tourists respect each other. They all focus on positive things and the feeling is great. Work, have fun. Take off your uniform, take any rides you like. After the summer work, I was rewarded with 8 day pass, nice to share with your family and friends.
Pros
Happy, pre-set shift hours, many co-workers are in same age.
Cons
Seasonal only
Good First Job
Food Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 January 2019
Wonderland is a good place for a first job. Some pros are that if you are a hard worker, you will get many (long) shifts which will enable you to make a good amount of money for a summer job.
Immediate team is great - Area Supervisors are not.
Ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 January 2019
In the time I worked there, I had never had a problem with any of my teammates. Area supervisors, on the other hand, nitpick everything. The first season I worked there - just before and during halloween haunt - area supervisors were great. They understood the area, the ride's populartities, etc. and while they encouraged us to meet quotas, we weren't punished or threatened if we did not (coming from someone who worked at a lower traffic ride.) My second season's area supervisors (a group of people who had never worked in the area they were supervising) were hellbent on us meeting the quota and then some, and blaming us when it was not met. They didn't want us sending empty cycles, but were also upset if we didn't meet the cycle per hour. We can't force people to come on the ride!
All of the area supervisors but one seemed extremely passive about employee's well beings also, and did very little after the initial icebreakers to get to know/converse with the employees. Also, they were barely qualified to OP the rides. yikes.

Overall, it's a fantastic experience if you get placed somewhere where the Area Sup's know what they're doing, and are familiar with your ride and surrounding rides. If not, well. Try to get into food and bev :)
Pros
Inexpensive lunch, great co-workers, opportunities for long hours and good pay
Cons
potential for unempathetic supervisors
Fun workplace and solid entry level experience
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 January 2019
As far as entry level jobs go, it's pretty average. It's nice to be able to work with a large group of people at the same age, and the short season makes it less of a problem during school time. Coming back for another season makes it pretty easy to move up, although the benefits of such promotions may not be significant.
Pros
Friendly environment, good experience, non-invasive schedule, solid benefits
Cons
Strict management, low pay with low chance of improvement, sometimes expect too much
fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
It was fun learning new tasks and working with different environments. The summer months are really hot and can be a bit difficult for those working inside the park as opposed to admin.
fun work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON6 January 2019
loved working there, it was a fun work enviroment, had a blast working there, I learned how to be more talkative with everyone, learned how to handle the cashier with no problems
Fun getting to see new kids and interacting with them
Performer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 January 2019
Getting in early in the morning to get ready in costumes and makeup before starting the actual shift. Then performing and talking to kids all day until evening where you finally leave.