Canada's National Ballet School Employee Reviews

Very good working environment, Clean and comfortable
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
I worked in a very good team. I earned some new payroll knowledges in Canada's National Ballet School. There are very good woking environment clean and comfortable. There is a restroom for employee rest when somebody feels not good.
Bad Environmet
Food Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
It's a such of waste of time, poor management, no respect for seniority positions and negative vibe overall.
People getting hired and quit as soon as they realize how bad is the environment.
Greatest team ever
Coordinator, Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Small team of really dedicated staff who work really well together and they work hard! It's rare to see such innovation and forward thinking coming out of one place. Everyone is very professional and pleasant. The work comes in waves but the building, the atmosphere and the good vibes are strong here! I especially love that everyone meets the Director Mavis, she is the loveliest most refined lady I've ever met.
Typical Day
Food & Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  400 Jarvis Street26 April 2017
Typically I would work hours daily overseeing breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the 131 students. Planned large events for our donors.Worked with Biochemist from New York to improve our menu selections. Sourced locally grown produce to enhance the menu.
World Class Ballet School with well rounded resources for student development.
Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
Attending Canada's National Ballet School for 6 years was a wonderful opportunity that shaped my life in a way that has enabled me to pursue my dreams and become a successful member of the international dance community.
Nothing more rewarding than working with the youth
Residential Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2016
The organization's structures, processes, culture and management lack morale. People thrive and grow in environments that are encouraging, positive and empowering. For employees to be successful and create better environments for themselves and for those around them, an organization needs to define what success looks like and invest in a strong, effective leadership with clear priorities and vision. This workplace is so dysfunctional, there is an abundance of tearing down employees, poor leadership, gossip, conniving politics and negativity. Management does not properly communicate its expectations for employees, often leaving them in the dark. There are imbalances in duties and responsibilities, policies are stifling and supervisors nitpick and micromanage. It's an unsupportive work environment with detrimental effects; leaving people feeling discouraged, undervalued, and depleted. Employees have come and gone, working their tails off, not being recognized or even compensated for their achievements.
Pros
Working frontline with children and adolescents
Great place to work and learn how to interact with different age groups of youth.
Summer School Residential Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON4 September 2015
The management was very supportive. I was able to gain experience as a residential counsellor and the environment made it very easy for employees to ask questions pertaining to different areas of work.
A place committed to excellence
RESIDENCE COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto18 February 2015
I work with some of the most talented professionals who are all focused on providing the students with the highest level of training, support, guidance and mentorship. In each and every thing we do, especially the little things, we work with purpose and integrity in a selfless effort to care for the students.
Pros
Delicious and nutritious food
Cons
Limited compensation and opportunity for advancement