Canada's National Ballet School

Canada's National Ballet School Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
A laid back environment where you feel as if you doing important work, facilitating dance, dancers, and dance teachers as they learn how to dance, how to teach dance, and how to encourage others to love and learn dance.
You never know what to expect walking in to work. But with the amazing staff at CNBS, you will be supported always. Working here it can either be slow-paced or very fast-paced depending on the energy of the students and how long of a day they've had.
I worked in a very good team. I earned some new payroll knowledges in Canada's National Ballet School. There are very good woking environment clean and comfortable. There is a restroom for employee rest when somebody feels not good.
It's a such of waste of time, poor management, no respect for seniority positions and negative vibe overall.
People getting hired and quit as soon as they realize how bad is the environment.
Pros
Small team of really dedicated staff who work really well together and they work hard! It's rare to see such innovation and forward thinking coming out of one place. Everyone is very professional and pleasant. The work comes in waves but the building, the atmosphere and the good vibes are strong here! I especially love that everyone meets the Director Mavis, she is the loveliest most refined lady I've ever met.
Typically I would work hours daily overseeing breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the 131 students. Planned large events for our donors.Worked with Biochemist from New York to improve our menu selections. Sourced locally grown produce to enhance the menu.
Attending Canada's National Ballet School for 6 years was a wonderful opportunity that shaped my life in a way that has enabled me to pursue my dreams and become a successful member of the international dance community.
A fine place to work. The time is suitable. But in regards to the pay, it doesn't compensate for the job I'm doing. The management is not the same as before .
Cons
Work 8 hours.. paid 7 hours
The organization's structures, processes, culture and management lack morale. People thrive and grow in environments that are encouraging, positive and empowering. For employees to be successful and create better environments for themselves and for those around them, an organization needs to define what success looks like and invest in a strong, effective leadership with clear priorities and vision. This workplace is so dysfunctional, there is an abundance of tearing down employees, poor leadership, gossip, conniving politics and negativity. Management does not properly communicate its expectations for employees, often leaving them in the dark. There are imbalances in duties and responsibilities, policies are stifling and supervisors nitpick and micromanage. It's an unsupportive work environment with detrimental effects; leaving people feeling discouraged, undervalued, and depleted. Employees have come and gone, working their tails off, not being recognized or even compensated for their achievements.
Pros
Working frontline with children and adolescents
The management was very supportive. I was able to gain experience as a residential counsellor and the environment made it very easy for employees to ask questions pertaining to different areas of work.
I work with some of the most talented professionals who are all focused on providing the students with the highest level of training, support, guidance and mentorship. In each and every thing we do, especially the little things, we work with purpose and integrity in a selfless effort to care for the students.
Pros
Delicious and nutritious food
Cons
Limited compensation and opportunity for advancement