Canad Inns

Canad Inns Employee Reviews

Canada130 reviews
Team work and dedicated staff. Always ready to help you settle fast in your area of work and considerate about your welfare anytime. Equality and no favouritism at work.
One of my best work experiences!
I loved working for Canad Inns, most because of the people I worked with and the relationships I built with co-workers which I still have today. I would be lying if I didn't say upper management wasn't the best, however the people I spent the most time with were great. I would definitely work for the company again in the future.
Not a good place to work
High strung management. Expect you to do way more than your actual job description. Expected to work a whole department by yourself due to budget cuts. Prices are way too high for the area.
Good tips
Friendly atmosphere with staff members, training needs to be longer and the only problem i had was the tip out procedure, didnt matter if customers didnt tip i was required to tip out on there bill if they did not
Horrible experience
Poor management, not enough security, over all dangerous workplace with no hazard pay. Hours unpredictable and subject to multiple back to back shifts.
Unfair
Not enough jobs for all employees
They pick and choose who works it's not fairly distributed management doesn't care about the staff only themselves
good tips
good place for beginers but not for advancement,management needs to improve,no appreciation at all for good work,salary is not good based on your skills and work
Canad Inns
Friendly management and environment. Very easy due to the flexibility of schedule you need.
Work environment is very casual and friendly and great parking spaces.

Great place. Staff made me feel like family right away. Management was very kind and helpful.
Healthy place to work
I liked working with people and the scope of the work was great. I liked being able to help with many different types of tasks. I also was able to learn a lot.
great place if you are willing to learn hospitality industry
I enjoyed a lot working there especially my coworkers are the best we had so much fun while working. better not expect lots of income if you are just starting working in this industry.
staff was good to work with
Never liked the place no chance for advancement. Pay was low hours nasty and worked every weekend no need of this either. MOD was horrible to work with always blaming staff for stealing causing trouble.
Pros
no free meals barely a discount
Cons
shift was nasty MOD was horrible to work with
Not a good experience
Senior employees are very disrespectful and always bullies new employees. The manager was really nice, but they don't have control over their employee who's making most of the workers quit because of how they treat them.
Not worth the headache
Management is mostly a joke, not clear on instructions or what you do for your job. They provide no help when problems arise or if your busier then you can handle. Essentially there's maybe 4 managers in the building(out of 14)that are good at their job. Co workers are great to work with and make it more enjoyable, wouldn't recommend it
Awful
If you have a good work ethic coming into the vendor, you’ll walk away with a quarter of it when you quit.
There’s so much product in the cooler we don’t know what to do with, so it’s extremely disorganized and for newcomers it’ll be very difficult to do regular staff duties.

Overall I suggest just moving on and keep looking through I feed.
Terrible Management
Management fails to understand the needs of their employees. They consistently ignore recommendations by staff to improve aspects of the business. Fail to make employees feel confident.
It was supposed to be a great place to work, got transferred to a different location, and it went sour, as management was lacking. The location I was at was terrible to work in.
Hated the manager and co-workers
Management simply is horrible. The employees boss you around and act like they’re better than you. Hated working here. I do not recommend this job. They could be better and treat employers better but they choose not to.
One off the worst company to work with
The company is really worst to work with . No management skills to anyone. Makes discussion them self without consulting the staff . The corporate team is the worst specially the HR . I would recommend not to work with such a company .
Great staff, management not so much
I was hired as the Front Office manager at their new HSC location. The GM at the time was awesome and very experienced at opening new hotels. The staff I hired was awesome! The guy who took over as GM was not, actually swore at me, when I tried to help guests, and invited me to come back to fight him after work.
Pros
The people
Cons
Local hotel only
I love working here
The job is great, lots of work.
The people are great to work with.

Pay is ok, but they are not a huge huge company.

I got along with everyone who worked there and I never had a problem ever.
Pros
Great work, great people
Cons
pay isnt big
Great coworkers
Absolutely liked my job and would love my job but the GM is someone to be desired. Never get personal good job done unless you’re her favourite which is well known in building. Otherwise all things you’ve done wrong according to GM you will get by email. If GM doesn’t like you then watch out, your days are numbered. Always micro managed to death. GM will never admit when wrong either. Corporately they give you cheap room rates which is good but you get no other incentive to use the restaurants after your shifts. Have boxes to Jets and Bombers but good luck getting any to use unless you work at Corporate office,GM, sales or HR.
Pros
Great Coworkers and Department managers
Cons
Work /life balance, no weekends off