Canad Inns

Canad Inns Employee Reviews

In Canad inns I worked as a banquet server with nice workers and go management with nice flexible hours but the pay was to little as the banquet server I greeted customers talked to them and made them feel welcome
Was like working with your family, management was awesome! They had fun activities the deals were fantastic, had a chance to get jets tickets, concert tickets and so much more
Pros
Discounted lunches, dinners, group activities
Cons
I felt the whole time like I wasn't part of the "cliques" that's populated the workplace. Management were unhelpful and seemed Ill-equipt for they're positions. mostly it didn't seem like anyone wanted to work there, and they took it out on everyone else. Not to mention all the work place safety neglect.
Pros
50%off 1 meal if u worked more than 4 hours
Cons
Refer back to review
Canad Inns is one of the most corrupt companies I have ever worked for. Maybe some locations are Exeter than others, but there is a reason they haven't really expanded past Manitoba. DO NOT work st bottle stop if you have any ounce of morality and also don't mind having your life risked.They DO NOT care about your safety as an employee as the panic button was disabled and no one knew you had to reset it after being used, the lights on the top of the building in case of emergency didn't work, the fore alarm ean out of batteries and they didn't bother to change it, and the list goes on.This company is horrible and all the higher ups do not care about you at all and will not help you. The company does things that she illegal and they should 100% be punished but they won't because of how corrupt they are.If you care about yourself at all please safe yourself the pain.
Pros
You can be lazy because no one cares
Cons
You will be mentally scarred
Realy good place to start a carerer in the hospitality bussiness , alows you to have a balance between proffesional and personal life. Room to grow...
Pros
Very relaxed place to work.
Cons
It was a fast-paced and stressful environment as everyone was making sure that they do right by the employer and the guests. It was also a fun environment.
Pros
Meet new people, make friends
Cons
Long Hours, stressful
Team work and dedicated staff. Always ready to help you settle fast in your area of work and considerate about your welfare anytime. Equality and no favouritism at work.
I loved working for Canad Inns, most because of the people I worked with and the relationships I built with co-workers which I still have today. I would be lying if I didn't say upper management wasn't the best, however the people I spent the most time with were great. I would definitely work for the company again in the future.
High strung management. Expect you to do way more than your actual job description. Expected to work a whole department by yourself due to budget cuts. Prices are way too high for the area.
Friendly atmosphere with staff members, training needs to be longer and the only problem i had was the tip out procedure, didnt matter if customers didnt tip i was required to tip out on there bill if they did not
Poor management, not enough security, over all dangerous workplace with no hazard pay. Hours unpredictable and subject to multiple back to back shifts.
Not enough jobs for all employees They pick and choose who works it's not fairly distributed management doesn't care about the staff only themselves
good place for beginers but not for advancement,management needs to improve,no appreciation at all for good work,salary is not good based on your skills and work
Friendly management and environment. Very easy due to the flexibility of schedule you need. Work environment is very casual and friendly and great parking spaces. Great place. Staff made me feel like family right away. Management was very kind and helpful.
I liked working with people and the scope of the work was great. I liked being able to help with many different types of tasks. I also was able to learn a lot.
I enjoyed a lot working there especially my coworkers are the best we had so much fun while working. better not expect lots of income if you are just starting working in this industry.
Never liked the place no chance for advancement. Pay was low hours nasty and worked every weekend no need of this either. MOD was horrible to work with always blaming staff for stealing causing trouble.
Pros
no free meals barely a discount
Cons
shift was nasty MOD was horrible to work with
Senior employees are very disrespectful and always bullies new employees. The manager was really nice, but they don't have control over their employee who's making most of the workers quit because of how they treat them.
Management is mostly a joke, not clear on instructions or what you do for your job. They provide no help when problems arise or if your busier then you can handle. Essentially there's maybe 4 managers in the building(out of 14)that are good at their job. Co workers are great to work with and make it more enjoyable, wouldn't recommend it
If you have a good work ethic coming into the vendor, you’ll walk away with a quarter of it when you quit. There’s so much product in the cooler we don’t know what to do with, so it’s extremely disorganized and for newcomers it’ll be very difficult to do regular staff duties. Overall I suggest just moving on and keep looking through I feed.
Management fails to understand the needs of their employees. They consistently ignore recommendations by staff to improve aspects of the business. Fail to make employees feel confident.
  1. Employee reviews