Canacre LTD

Canacre LTD Employee Reviews

Remote U.S. agent working for Canadian land services company.
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2019
Company is laid back and as long as you produce results, you shouldn't have an issue. Job security is an issue due to the volatility of the energy business. I've acquired land rights for both wind and solar projects for a major client in the renewable business.
Low morale and constant turnover
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2019
The low morale and constant turn over I have seen while working at CanACRE Ltd. was disheartening. While management and HR tries to play it down and contain it, they had yet to find a way to turn things around. There is a huge lack of trust and management always told you what they think you wanted to hear and only made superficial changes. Nepotism and managers mostly working in their own self interest is part of the accepted company culture. CanACARE needs to communicate better and be more fair and transparent.
Really productive an relaxed work environment
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2019
This was my first job right after graduation and the employees were really warm and welcoming. The company offers a lot to learn and grow. The management is really helpful and strictly professional.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Laid back
Great place to work!
Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 July 2018
I love working at CanACRE! It is a progressive, young company with lots of opportunities for growth. It is full of energetic, go-getters who take pride in their work. We work on interesting projects where teamwork is valued. I always receive feedback on my work and I am continuously learning. Management are approachable and willing to share. The people who created some tension due to negativity have left which has left us with a fun, growing company that is exciting. I cannot wait to see what the future will bring and I look forward to continue to participate in CanACRE's success!
Pros
Interesting, challenging work with a great group of people!
CanACRE Review
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta5 June 2018
Typical day at work is like most Land Agent positions in that it is never typical. It is noteworthy that CanACRE considers a typical work day to be similar to office hours.
Working for CanACRE as an Albertan will require patience and flexibility, as their SOP are much different then what is considered normal out west.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Safety
A Fun Place to Work with Great People
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2017
I worked for CanACRE for over 5 years. I enjoyed working at CanACRE tremendously and left on excellent terms to pursue a different career path. When I joined CanACRE I had very limited experience but I received excellent and comprehensive training that allowed me to become highly proficient in my field. The leadership team treated people very fairly and did everything possible to deal with issues in a professional and equitable manner. There was a great family atmosphere that made me feel very comfortable and I always felt like I was a part of the team. CanACRE has grown from a small operation to a medium size corporation and while there are always growing pains, CanACRE leadership always went out of their way to communicate changes so everyone knew what was going on. I wish the best for everyone at CanACRE and feel lucky and thankful that I had the opportunity to work with such a great group of people that helped me so much with my career.
Pros
Great environment - good people. - interesting work - fast paced -
Acceptable Pay and Rewarding Industry but Poor Treatment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Office23 October 2017
I think salary is on par with what others are offering and working on renewable projects feels very rewarding to me. Work is sometimes challenging, which helps me to continue to learn. Pay is decent but it is not good to see how company treat their staff. Especially their long term employees who work very hard for them. A lot of staff leaving, which is sad to see.
Pros
Renewable industry projects
Cons
Treatment of staff
Lack of work life balance and led by extremely young and unprofessional management team
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Great employees make up this company however CanACRE is managed by an extremely young management team that lacks maturity and professionalism. There is truth to previous negative reviews. Surprisingly many disgruntaled current and former employees have not posted here.

Unfortunately management favour individuals who are their friends, family members, or individuals connected to other preferred staff. Company culture is terrible and HR department deemed useless. There is no progressive development and advancements are given to employees, not because they are qualified or earned the promotion, but instead given to those who rub shoulders with the owner and other favoured management staff. Raises are given not based on performance. Instead it is given based on how much the boss likes you. There is also constant internal infighting.

For years I have witnessed hard working and dedicated individuals working insane hours (likely against labour laws), do amazing work contributing to the success and growth of this young company, but yet, top management rarely openly acknowledges these individuals.

If you are looking for a good work life balance, with fairness to progress and decent pay, I would not recommend CanACRE.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Unprofessional and biased management team
This is a great company
GIS Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
The people here are the primary benefit. It is a good culture. You will learn a lot. It is a small company so the compensation is not the best. However, it is a good first job.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
Lots of work, long hours and low compensation
Employees not appreciated
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Management is young and inexperienced and efforts to excel at your job are rarely appreciated as management looks for own advancement. No benefit working for this company as your efforts and hard work will not be appreciated. Small company where family members and friends get ahead of 'regular' employees.
Pros
Rental car to drive
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Canacre INC
Landman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
Best people to work for, Professional , Well Conceived plans
Interface with smart capable people everyday.
No difficulties with this company in anyway. I just made the decision
to get out of living in hotels.
Pros
good job
Cons
recognition of job done
Exceptional consulting firm
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Bend, ON7 July 2014
Enjoyable, progressive consulting firm who demonstrated/offered superior professional training and exhibited considerable patience and confidence among the staff and personnel.
Pros
Excellent opportunites for advancement
Cons
Minimal issues to contend with