Canaccord Genuity Corp.

Canaccord Genuity Corp. Employee Reviews

Productive and good work life balance. Management seemed to be in a bit of an organizational disarray which effected how the department was run. Favorites in the work place is evident and a "boys club" mentality is definitely present.
Overall team was good, but lots of politics, micromanagement, they interview for very high skill and find out later the job requires much lowers skills, turn over is extremely high doesn't matter how long you work for them, you will neither get fired for smallest issue or leave because of depression.
I felt very comfortable in this pleasant working environment as the staff and management were very welcoming and accommodating at all times. This is an extremely well organized, structured, diverse and professional work place with very qualified, knowledgeable and amazing staff and management. Great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here!
Canaccord Genuity in not a great working environment. Depend on what team you are in, management have no respect for the employees, you cannot socialise with work colleagues, you are constantly been micro-managed and management have to show that they are in power. This is just my experience.
Management expect great work but are reluctant to let you move up the ladder because they don't want to let go of the talent they have. Outside hires are often preferred for new roles.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Overworked
Worked at the Company for about 2 years as an investment advisor . Left on my on terms about 5 years ago. This summary may be a bit outdated but I had absolutely no negative comments
A typical day was answering calls and having the occasional meal through catering . It was too slow there. I found myself clock watching at times. The people were nice
Pros
It was pleasant
Cons
Not enough to do
stressful workplace. Management focus on finding dirt on others. knit pick on faults. Never recognise employee value. Management negative towards employee work, never appreciate or thank employees work. Waiting for employees to make mistakes then dwell on it forever. Not a very supportive environment to work for. Glad to be out.
Pros
Cons
worst place to work
Corporate re-brand and direction is a promising improvement. I expect that the company will become a bigger player in the future if they continue to focus on development and new ideas.
Transfers department was very fun and welcoming. Everyone was patient in teaching me new concepts. It was very repetitive work in my department but it ensured that I knew what I was doing.
My experience was very bad. Bullying and toxic culture. I was expected to respond to emails all weekend long within an hour for non urgent matters. 1980s boys club mentality from my boss with vulgar language and profanity within my earshot. Unless you want to be someone’s obliging slave/doormat, you could not work for this guy. The interview process was excessive and this was my first red flag.
Grateful they gave me a start in the industry. Tough place to build a business and little training or support.Management also not very supportive. Good place for venture capitalists and those looking for some excitement in that field.
This is the best place to work in the whole wide world. The boss is the best man in the entire place and I would recommend him highly. Thanks for the look.
Pros
Best boss ever
Cons
Canaccord has tended to be a very "deal-focused" company for a long time... The culture has been changing rapidly from a transnational company to a true full service wealth manager and investment bank. It would have been nice to see the stock make some headway in the last 8 years... but it's traded in a fairly tight range between 4 and 6$ for what feels like forever... People tend to look at Canaccord as "old school", and at times it certainly feels that way. Coming from a big 6 bank background, I was used to formal reviews, micro management, and strict supervision... Canaccord tends to empower their employees to make decisions on their own. My biggest issue with Canaccord has always been a fear that I've come to the end of my career path, which is why I'm looking elsewhere for advancement.
Canaccord Genuity is a fun and energetic place to work. The people are very nice and the work is interesting. Very nice offices and nice work environment.
Canacord Genuity is an independant investment house that offers all of the products available to clients in the financial arena. They offer competitive rates and excellent service to clients.
Management is terrible. They are NOT "people" people. They promise you a wage increase, but then turn around and lay you off. They are more concerned with filling their own pockets than paying you what you are worth.
Pros
Gym across the street
Cons
There is a great team environment in the research department with people often supporting eachother not only within industry silos, but also helping as a large group when needed. The analysts generally treat their associates. Associates generally go out as a group together on a weekly basis to have fun and let off steam.
Pros
Largest independent full service broker on Bay Street.
Cons
Can be long hours and high stress in certain instances.
It's a toxic, chauvinistic environment with a brutal executive pay imbalance. Hours are excessive, rules are confusing, and clients are not prioritised as they should be.
My co-workers worked as a team and were great to work with. The benefits were first class with salaries to match. I would work there again.
Canaccord had a great work atmosphere where hard work was rewarded. The team was very professional and caring. Hard work was well rewarded.