Canaccord Genuity Corp. Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
OPS admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2019
stressful workplace. Management focus on finding dirt on others. knit pick on faults. Never recognise employee value. Management negative towards employee work, never appreciate or thank employees work. Waiting for employees to make mistakes then dwell on it forever. Not a very supportive environment to work for. Glad to be out.
Pros
Cons
worst place to work
Fun and friendly workplace
Transfers Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver27 January 2019
Transfers department was very fun and welcoming. Everyone was patient in teaching me new concepts. It was very repetitive work in my department but it ensured that I knew what I was doing.
Inappropriate and toxic
Would rather not say (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
My experience was very bad. Bullying and toxic culture. I was expected to respond to emails all weekend long within an hour for non urgent matters. 1980s boys club mentality from my boss with vulgar language and profanity within my earshot. Unless you want to be someone’s obliging slave/doormat, you could not work for this guy. The interview process was excessive and this was my first red flag.
Good place to cut your teeth
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2018
Grateful they gave me a start in the industry. Tough place to build a business and little training or support.

Management also not very supportive. Good place for venture capitalists and those looking for some excitement in that field.
Best place to work
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canada22 March 2018
This is the best place to work in the whole wide world. The boss is the best man in the entire place and I would recommend him highly. Thanks for the look.
Pros
Best boss ever
Making headway
Vice President, Fixed Income Trading (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Canaccord has tended to be a very "deal-focused" company for a long time... The culture has been changing rapidly from a transnational company to a true full service wealth manager and investment bank. It would have been nice to see the stock make some headway in the last 8 years... but it's traded in a fairly tight range between 4 and 6$ for what feels like forever...

People tend to look at Canaccord as "old school", and at times it certainly feels that way. Coming from a big 6 bank background, I was used to formal reviews, micro management, and strict supervision... Canaccord tends to empower their employees to make decisions on their own.

My biggest issue with Canaccord has always been a fear that I've come to the end of my career path, which is why I'm looking elsewhere for advancement.
Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant, Mergers & Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Canaccord Genuity is a fun and energetic place to work. The people are very nice and the work is interesting. Very nice offices and nice work environment.
Independant Investment Company
Financial Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Canacord Genuity is an independant investment house that offers all of the products available to clients in the financial arena. They offer competitive rates and excellent service to clients.
Good job for someone who doesn't care about a "career"
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
Management is terrible. They are NOT "people" people. They promise you a wage increase, but then turn around and lay you off. They are more concerned with filling their own pockets than paying you what you are worth.
Pros
Gym across the street
Great team environment
Equity Research Associate Analyst, Precious Metals (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
There is a great team environment in the research department with people often supporting eachother not only within industry silos, but also helping as a large group when needed. The analysts generally treat their associates. Associates generally go out as a group together on a weekly basis to have fun and let off steam.
Pros
Largest independent full service broker on Bay Street.
Cons
Can be long hours and high stress in certain instances.
Wolf of Wall Street Brought to life
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2016
It's a toxic, chauvinistic environment with a brutal executive pay imbalance. Hours are excessive, rules are confusing, and clients are not prioritised as they should be.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2016
My co-workers worked as a team and were great to work with. The benefits were first class with salaries to match. I would work there again.
A fun place to work with great people.
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
Canaccord had a great work atmosphere where hard work was rewarded. The team was very professional and caring. Hard work was well rewarded.
Good place to work. New Management....
Manager, Securities Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2016
Good place to work.
Most days worked regular hours. When working on a project or during Performance Review put in extra hours to get the project completed.
Good co-workers and enjoyed working with my fellow Managers.
Company going through financial issues.
Not able to give more information as there is new Management.
Pros
Cons
Have not formed an opinion on new Management
Friendly environment
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2015
Great team of Coworkers with a great work life balance.
Team work environment with a high standard to make the best client experience.
Empreza fantastica
Analista en conformidade e crédito (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2015
O dia começa com um bom café... seguido da impressao de varios relatorios de conformidade, credito, lista de transacçoes do dia anterior.
A good company to work for
Senior Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2015
A good company to work for - awesome co-workers. A supportive management that encouraged employees to grow. Continually learning new things.
Great culture may have some lay-back folks tho
Business Analyst / Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2015
Good salary benefit comparable to similar positions in banks. Overall a great place to work at yet they do have some hirings who are very lay-back and hard to coach.
ok
Director of Canadian Equity Trading (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON Canada8 March 2015
Poor management however after we were bought out at 9.7x our investment at Genuity Capital Markets, the benefits of a solid investment were good
Great people to work with
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2015
Everyone is very friendly, accommodating, and a overall great place to work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not interesting work day to day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canaccord Genuity Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Canaccord Genuity Corp. Reviews by Location