Campus Living Centres

Campus Living Centres Management reviews

Housekeeping is a very physically demanding job. The people you work with here (for the most part) were good company. Where the company lacks is good and honorable management... people don't exactly know the hierarchy chain when it comes to raising issues, and some managers are straight up liars.
Pros
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cons
Horrible management and poor salary
I was lucky to have several excellent managers during my time at CLC. Very good salary and benefits, together with a good company pension plan. The job is stressful at times but compensated with a boat cruise for everyone and a good Christmas party. Excellent support from the regional managers. Very good work atmosphere. Highly recommended company to work for.
Pros
Salary, benefits, excellent worker/management relations, lots of fun activities for the staff
Cons
Stressful at turn times
After giving it my all for over a year and a half they let me and a colleague go with absolutely no warning or care about us. I had gone above and beyond. All of my performance reviews were positive. Many times I came in last minute to cover a different shift. But they ultimately did not care about me. They also do not care about students, all they care about is if the students have paid their fees.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, 12 hour shifts
A typical day at work during student season would be answering emails and live chats. Helping students with any questions to do with residence or whatever I knew for on campus services. Listening to student issues and going over their accounts to ensure they are making payments on time. Giving any advice pertaining to residence or school, and providing them with services like our on residence mental health services. A typical day when it is hotel season is very fast paced. From the start of the shift until the end it was checking hotel guests in and out, taking payments, inputting new reservations or cancellations. Attending to any requests or ensuring their stay was the best it could be. This could mean if they had a complaint about their hotel room, we would either fix the problem in the room or ensure a new room is ready for them with a gift card.
Pros
Work with people who act like real people
Cons
I love working there, it is easy and not stressful (during the pandemic there isn't much going on). Students are always nice and talkative. Management is helpful, but night shifts sometimes can be uncomfortable.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Night shifts
Flexible management being able to work with school schedules. Good with being open to learning new things. Went from a residence advisor to the CSR allowing me not to live on site and being a part time student.
Overall the company is good to work for however the management do not keep the staff informed. They separate themselves from the staff and treat them indifferently.
It's been a good experience working at different business properties under CLC. Straight forward management and very transparent contract. I recommend young people to have a job with CLC.
I love working for campus living centers at the Seneca Newnham Residence. The team works well together and the management adjust to my schedule as a student. The work there is great and I am pleased with the pay.
I did two seasons here. I would never go back during the deep cleaning - it is a poorly organized disaster. I am an experienced and efficient housekeeper , minimum wage was definately unacceptable and as a team lead only made $1 more. Front desk managers over-sell the rooms, and most employees are inexperienced students that slack .
I worked at Seneca, North York I absolutely loved this job! I got the experience to learn so many essential skills and valuable certifications to help many others. Working with other college students can be difficult sometimes however your supervisors and managers should prove to be very helpful and caring of both your life and your work. Highly recommend.
Pros
Management and experiences
Cons
Pay scale
It’s a very good job for a student and creates some exposure. For international students it’s a good exposure to the culture and the norms in Canada and the management system where I work is quite supportive.
Working there during the school months was a breeze and slow-paced, however, the summer months during the hotel season was really fast-paced and stressful. This job would be perfect for someone who works best in fast-paced environments. The management there was very nice and the salary was great.
They are just Full Of S@#T from head office all the way to the campus they manage. All Talk and think they are better then the workers. Talked down to from young insubordinate fools that have no practical experience what so ever. Mind manipulate people to spy for them and report back.
This company is a a good employer and comfortable to work with, although the middle Management ie GM,s are not experienced enough in life experience, although they my have the proper education mostly they are to young to deal with older staff
management and Staff work well together lots of rewarding time spent advancement is possible and family life/ work life is very doable and will work with you if time off is needed
Overall good place to work at. Management team is okay. No training, learn as you go, so too many people teach you too many different things. Not a good place for a person with family, working odd shifts . Summer time is awful, too busy. Severely underpaid for your duties. And being told that your pay is excellent by management. Turnover rate is high, not a surprise.
Pros
Learning new skill, meeting new people
Cons
Low pay, no training
It is a great place to work if you work with fun and hardworking co-workers. The management handles things in a proper manner. Working with friends made t great for me, However, opportunities to be promoted do not always come. They would rather hire from outside the company than within to assume a higher role.
One of the hardest jobs and most mentally draining and exhausting and belittling job. Boss made us cry multiple times and felt like i could never leave my home without getting in trouble.
I am very pleased to start my career with campus living centers during my short time I have learned alot already The staff are great people and the work is good can be challenging at times which is why I love doing what I do, I like learning new things every day there is great support from management which are amazing to work with it's nice to have such a great team to work with every day I hope to have long a successful career here
Pros
Great management, lunches available on site
All 3 VIce Presidents are out of touch. No direction what so ever. Directors are under qualified and only interested in looking good for the VP's. GM's and OM's are overworked and under paid. Given little to no support. They cut corners on the upkeep of the buildings especially essential maintenance work, endangering student lives. Use this company as a stepping stone and move on quickly. There are better jobs, with qualified professionals that will treat you properly.
Cons
Long Hours, no support or structure