Campus Living Centres

Campus Living Centres Management reviews

Canada72 reviews
Flexible management being able to work with school schedules.
Good with being open to learning new things. Went from a residence advisor to the CSR allowing me not to live on site and being a part time student.
I love working there, it is easy and not stressful (during the pandemic there isn't much going on). Students are always nice and talkative. Management is helpful, but night shifts sometimes can be uncomfortable.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Night shifts
Relatively low pay for the job you are doing. Can be on call and expected to go in at any time during your on call time. Get yelled at by parents and students on a regular basis for things out of your control. Expected to make decisions but not actually given the authority to do so.
Overall the company is good to work for however the management do not keep the staff informed. They separate themselves from the staff and treat them indifferently.
It's been a good experience working at different business properties under CLC. Straight forward management and very transparent contract. I recommend young people to have a job with CLC.
I love working for campus living centers at the Seneca Newnham Residence. The team works well together and the management adjust to my schedule as a student. The work there is great and I am pleased with the pay.
I did two seasons here. I would never go back during the deep cleaning - it is a poorly organized disaster. I am an experienced and efficient housekeeper , minimum wage was definately unacceptable and as a team lead only made $1 more. Front desk managers over-sell the rooms, and most employees are inexperienced students that slack .
I worked at Seneca, North York I absolutely loved this job! I got the experience to learn so many essential skills and valuable certifications to help many others. Working with other college students can be difficult sometimes however your supervisors and managers should prove to be very helpful and caring of both your life and your work. Highly recommend.
Pros
Management and experiences
Cons
Pay scale
It’s a very good job for a student and creates some exposure. For international students it’s a good exposure to the culture and the norms in Canada and the management system where I work is quite supportive.
Working there during the school months was a breeze and slow-paced, however, the summer months during the hotel season was really fast-paced and stressful. This job would be perfect for someone who works best in fast-paced environments. The management there was very nice and the salary was great.
They are just Full Of S@#T from head office all the way to the campus they manage.
All Talk and think they are better then the workers.

Talked down to from young insubordinate fools that have no practical experience what so ever.

Mind manipulate people to spy for them and report back.
This company is a a good employer and comfortable to work with, although the middle Management ie GM,s are not experienced enough in life experience, although they my have the proper education mostly they are to young to deal with older staff
management and Staff work well together lots of rewarding time spent advancement is possible and family life/ work life is very doable and will work with you if time off is needed
Overall good place to work at. Management team is okay.
No training, learn as you go, so too many people teach you too many different things. Not a good place for a person with family, working odd shifts . Summer time is awful, too busy.

Severely underpaid for your duties. And being told that your pay is excellent by management. Turnover rate is high, not a surprise.
Pros
Learning new skill, meeting new people
Cons
Low pay, no training
It is a great place to work if you work with fun and hardworking co-workers. The management handles things in a proper manner. Working with friends made t great for me, However, opportunities to be promoted do not always come. They would rather hire from outside the company than within to assume a higher role.
I am very pleased to start my career with campus living centers during my short time I have learned alot already The staff are great people and the work is good can be challenging at times which is why I love doing what I do, I like learning new things every day there is great support from management which are amazing to work with it's nice to have such a great team to work with every day I hope to have long a successful career here
Pros
Great management, lunches available on site
All 3 VIce Presidents are out of touch. No direction what so ever. Directors are under qualified and only interested in looking good for the VP's.
GM's and OM's are overworked and under paid. Given little to no support.

They cut corners on the upkeep of the buildings especially essential maintenance work, endangering student lives.

Use this company as a stepping stone and move on quickly.
There are better jobs, with qualified professionals that will treat you properly.
Cons
Long Hours, no support or structure
Good job for student and good hours to work with, Never felt like I was under appreciated by any members of management. Teaches one to work well in a team
This is an alright company to start off, you get to connect with people and build meaningful connections. However, for the work you are doing, the pay is way below what it should be. You are not just front desk, you are expected to intervene in emergency situations until an RA or Manager gets there...for minimum wage? No thanks. You may or may not get a good manager. Some managers do not manage, they're unorganized and unprofessional and put a lot of pressure on you in situations. I never felt like they had my back. Some managers are amazing. You are expected to learn as you go, which is extremely stressful given some of the situations I was asked to deal with.
Pros
You could have a great manager, gain experience, great people, build relationships.
Cons
No official training (learn as you go), manager could be horrible, pay is sad.
This was my first actual job, but unfortunately the management of the company has little emphasis put on supporting the lower rungs of the ladder that actually support the business model than the top. Training is little to none, and as such there is little to no job satisfaction as employees always feel in over their heads. As an employee, the culture is so negative that it is hard to show up to work and want to be there.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
little to no on-the-job training
It was fun working. Learned good communication skill. Management was easy to work. Enjoy working with Housekeeping manager. Enjoy X-Mas party And Dinner with the company.
Pros
Got free breakfast
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campus Living Centres. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8