Campus Living Centres Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Payroll & Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2019
Learned new payroll systems
Offered opportunities for additional training and education
Very Busy Office, high demand
Workload can be overwhelming...expectations are high
I loved the co-workers.....especially my Supervisor.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun Place to Work on Campus
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 February 2019
CLC is a great place to work - the training is immaculate with conference and regional training before the school year starts for those hired as an RA.

This job prepares me well indirectly for my future in Mental Health - I would not have the work experience while currently in school anywhere else. I have met so many people and gone out of my comfort zone completely with this job and I'm glad to be the one trusted to handle situations. Students know me well and trust me to help them.
Pros
Prepare well for future job opportunities, Great way to know more students
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Lack of Proper Budget for Residence Events
Good Employer
Residence Services Representative (Former Employee) –  King City, ON17 February 2019
Good place to work with good atmosphere, a little hard to take time off though. Great job to teach someone many responsibilities as you are expected to do multiple jobs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor shifts
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2019
I am very pleased to start my career with campus living centers during my short time I have learned alot already The staff are great people and the work is good can be challenging at times which is why I love doing what I do, I like learning new things every day there is great support from management which are amazing to work with it's nice to have such a great team to work with every day I hope to have long a successful career here
Pros
Great management, lunches available on site
Terrible Management, Endangering Students
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
All 3 VIce Presidents are out of touch. No direction what so ever. Directors are under qualified and only interested in looking good for the VP's.
GM's and OM's are overworked and under paid. Given little to no support.
They cut corners on the upkeep of the buildings especially essential maintenance work, endangering student lives.
Use this company as a stepping stone and move on quickly. There are better jobs, with qualified professionals that will treat you properly.
Cons
Long Hours, no support or structure
Excellent Summer Job
Summer housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 October 2018
I worked at the Durham College residence during the summer.

I met some wonderful people here. The work is fun if you like housekeeping. It is not too demanding unless you're cleaning the filthier student rooms.

The manager is very kind and it is easy to schedule days off. Hours are usually full time, but things slow down in May and June.

My only complaint is that the managers have low standards when it comes to hiring and keeping employees. Some people who worked there were irresponsible and hardly reprimanded for it.

Overall, I had a great experience and I will be back next summer.
Pros
Kind manager, free coffee, excellent work-life balance, fun work, nice coworkers
Cons
irresponsible coworkers, minimum wage
Fun work place
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 September 2018
The experience within the workplace is very team oriented. The workplace is professional yet fun. The relationships you build within your team and with students is fantastic.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
can be stressful
good environment
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 August 2018
good organization
good environment
good equiment
respectful
You never know what to expect
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 August 2018
Working for campus living centres you never know what to expect at the beginning of your shift. It could be a very easy shift, or many things could happen and you could be dealing with emergency situations. I will say, no matter what there is always someone to call if you need help. I guess that is a pro of a 24/7 operation.
Pros
Good hours, work advancements, benefits
Cons
On call, working holidays
Ok place to work
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 July 2018
It's very low pay for cleaning staff even with medical and dental package still below average wage for this kind of work and its like a small book as far as paper goes after they hire you to fill out .
Pros
Cons
Wage is way to low
Fun workplace low salary
Residence Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 May 2018
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. It's fun to have the students around and talk to. Usually you'll get to deal with people from all over the world. The salary is not good enough for how much work you will have to do.
Good job for student
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 May 2018
Good job for student and good hours to work with, Never felt like I was under appreciated by any members of management. Teaches one to work well in a team
Decent to start off.
Residence Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON25 April 2018
This is an alright company to start off, you get to connect with people and build meaningful connections. However, for the work you are doing, the pay is way below what it should be. You are not just front desk, you are expected to intervene in emergency situations until an RA or Manager gets there...for minimum wage? No thanks. You may or may not get a good manager. Some managers do not manage, they're unorganized and unprofessional and put a lot of pressure on you in situations. I never felt like they had my back. Some managers are amazing. You are expected to learn as you go, which is extremely stressful given some of the situations I was asked to deal with.
Pros
You could have a great manager, gain experience, great people, build relationships.
Cons
No official training (learn as you go), manager could be horrible, pay is sad.
Easy job, but no on the job training
Community Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 March 2018
This was my first actual job, but unfortunately the management of the company has little emphasis put on supporting the lower rungs of the ladder that actually support the business model than the top. Training is little to none, and as such there is little to no job satisfaction as employees always feel in over their heads. As an employee, the culture is so negative that it is hard to show up to work and want to be there.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
little to no on-the-job training
great company to work for
RECRUITER (CORPORATE) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2018
overall, great company to work for. people are outgoing and friendly which makes the job fun. paid lunches daily which are a bonus, however, limited growth opportunities.
Night Auditor, really a Cleaner
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  King City, ON23 September 2017
All they were looking for was a cleaner and babysitter. Maybe a good start for a beginner but that's all, no real accounting. You get paid min wage + have to pay for parking. Lasted 3 months , enough.
Pros
Cons
cleaning
Lovely staff
Residence Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 July 2017
Answering telephones, completing administrative tasks and replying to emails. Management and co-workers were easy to work with.
CSR positions are on a rotating shift schedule.
A great place to start
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 June 2017
You never feel like you're on your own at CLC, if you work well with others this is the place to be, but if you cannot work with others it's a nightmare.
Pros
training, low cost of living, flexible hours, amazing teams, always changing
Cons
You need to have high energy to work well here
Productive and fun
Residence Services Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
Nice place to work at, chances to advance and very fun to work. Always stuff to do, learned a lot of things while working at the management office as well as maintenance.
Maintenance Technician Review
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 February 2017
Worked at the Oshawa Campus for 3 months and given no reason when let go on the last day of my probation.

The Maintenance Department is ran by an arrogant unprofessional who can't handle his emotions in the work place.The rest of the workplace's employees are all grumpy/sad semi retired folk trying to collect their horrible wage and go home. Buildings are pathetically ran and in horrible condition; bed bugs, faulty electronic doors, out of date suites which they pack with international students like chickens on a farm.

Don't apply here, waste of your time and money. The employees are cold and distant including HR.
Pros
Cons
The Works

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campus Living Centres. Our community is ready to answer.