Campus Living Centres

Campus Living Centres Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
Flexible management being able to work with school schedules.
Good with being open to learning new things. Went from a residence advisor to the CSR allowing me not to live on site and being a part time student.
I love working there, it is easy and not stressful (during the pandemic there isn't much going on). Students are always nice and talkative. Management is helpful, but night shifts sometimes can be uncomfortable.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Night shifts
I liked working here overall. I made some cool friends at work, and the bosses were very nice and understanding. You worked almost every single day of the week, but also got to choose your schedule. They were very flexible with taking days off.
Pros
Free lunches on certain days
Cons
A few rude co-workers
Relatively low pay for the job you are doing. Can be on call and expected to go in at any time during your on call time. Get yelled at by parents and students on a regular basis for things out of your control. Expected to make decisions but not actually given the authority to do so.
Overall the company is good to work for however the management do not keep the staff informed. They separate themselves from the staff and treat them indifferently.
It's been a good experience working at different business properties under CLC. Straight forward management and very transparent contract. I recommend young people to have a job with CLC.
I love working for campus living centers at the Seneca Newnham Residence. The team works well together and the management adjust to my schedule as a student. The work there is great and I am pleased with the pay.
I did two seasons here. I would never go back during the deep cleaning - it is a poorly organized disaster. I am an experienced and efficient housekeeper , minimum wage was definately unacceptable and as a team lead only made $1 more. Front desk managers over-sell the rooms, and most employees are inexperienced students that slack .
I worked at Seneca, North York I absolutely loved this job! I got the experience to learn so many essential skills and valuable certifications to help many others. Working with other college students can be difficult sometimes however your supervisors and managers should prove to be very helpful and caring of both your life and your work. Highly recommend.
Pros
Management and experiences
Cons
Pay scale
I joined 2 weeks before the students arrived. (Was taught all of the hotel stuff and then told “forget it all” cause student season is starting soon”) My second day there my direct supervisor quit and the GM took over. Think she didn’t like me so she always gave me the midnight to 8am shift once the students were here. No real training provided.
It’s a very good job for a student and creates some exposure. For international students it’s a good exposure to the culture and the norms in Canada and the management system where I work is quite supportive.
Campus Living Centres in Oakville at Sheridan College was a wonderful place to work. As a student working, they were extremely courteous and invested in their staffs schooling and making sure that they were doing well.
Working there during the school months was a breeze and slow-paced, however, the summer months during the hotel season was really fast-paced and stressful. This job would be perfect for someone who works best in fast-paced environments. The management there was very nice and the salary was great.
They are just Full Of S@#T from head office all the way to the campus they manage.
All Talk and think they are better then the workers.

Talked down to from young insubordinate fools that have no practical experience what so ever.

Mind manipulate people to spy for them and report back.
Working at Durham College was a great experience and I learned to appreciate hotel housekeepers and all the hard work they put into making the stay a lot better for the customers. It was hard work but it was also fun working with the other employees, however a little stressful trying to clean rooms in a certain amount of time. Overall it was a good experience.
This company is a a good employer and comfortable to work with, although the middle Management ie GM,s are not experienced enough in life experience, although they my have the proper education mostly they are to young to deal with older staff
job was over all easy but you are required t do 1-2 overnights a weeks and it messes up your work- life balance. other than that its an easy job and you make a decent pay
This is a great place to work and grow. It's also one of the best ways to gear up for the work environment after college. As an RA you get to do the best jobs the place has to offer as far as being a grassroots employee goes.
Pros
Great People to interact with and plan events for student residents
Cons
Sometimes it feels like you are not valued
management and Staff work well together lots of rewarding time spent advancement is possible and family life/ work life is very doable and will work with you if time off is needed
Overall good place to work at. Management team is okay.
No training, learn as you go, so too many people teach you too many different things. Not a good place for a person with family, working odd shifts . Summer time is awful, too busy.

Severely underpaid for your duties. And being told that your pay is excellent by management. Turnover rate is high, not a surprise.
Pros
Learning new skill, meeting new people
Cons
Low pay, no training
I was living in one of properties managed by Campus living centre. Overall, my experience was great working at the company with excellent team support.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campus Living Centres. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8