Campus Auto Group

Campus Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Awesome place
Love this job honestly, best job for a kid in high school. Great pay, flexible hours and awesome benefits/perks! People here are amazing and make this job very enjoyable. You'll make plenty of new friends and learn a lot about cars and the industry itself.
Pros
Flexible hours. Great benefits/perks. Awesome staff and friendly people.
Efficient, customer focused team-based customer service
Every day is a pleasure to come in, everyone works well as a team.
We all have our different tasks, and are accustomed to everyone preforming them at a high standard with consistency.

Management is there to assist and advise when required.

We all do our best to give customers the best possible experience.

As a small team, we have to work closely together to make that happen.
Pros
Friendly, efficient, team-based, everyone works well together
Cons
Small team, so it's hard when someone is sick/on vacation
Alright Workplace, No room for growth
This place was OK for a job, but I would not recommend making a career out of this place. They pay lower than average wages, while expecting a very heavy workload. Management has been there long time, and no foreseeable growth opportunities.
Wonderful Family Owned Company
I worked for Campus Nissan for two and a half years as their media coordinator before transferring over to Campus Honda to pursue a career in sales.

Campus Nissan was a fantastic company to work for; even though the Company has grown so much over the years it still feels like you're working for someone who cares. I would say that working for Campus is the most rewarding employment I have ever had! Not only is Campus Such a massive part of our community on Vancouver Island, the management really goes above and beyond to cater to the needs of everyone in the business.

Some of my favourite aspects of working for the Campus Auto Group have been a great work-life balance that's so hard to find in this industry, they always promote within and make sure to reward employees who work hard, the campus auto group is no doubt a cornerstone of the community whether it be supporting local charities or other local groups like sports teams and, the management at Campus are approachable and always willing to help tackle problems head one!

If you are looking for:

- A great work-life balance

- A Rewarding Career with the opportunity to help in your community

- Great Compensation that reflects with hard work

- The ability to move up the latter and grow your career

- A manager/boss who actually cares about your well being

I could Recommend Campus Nissan More!
Pros
work life balance, good pay, benefits, discounts on cars parts and service, ability go move up
Cons
mostly male dominated company
Great company culture!
Campus Honda has a great staff and a very professional and accommodating management team. Lots of opportunity to get involved with company/community events ex. Run For The Cure, Power To Play, pumpkin carving, family photos with Santa, etc. I enjoy working here and I would absolutely recommend this company to friends and family.
toxic work environment
Never worked in such a toxic work environment in my life.
management is always changing. this company under pays technicians that have full training and / dealer training.

high school atmosphere with no help from sr technicians.

most enjoyable part working here was the discount on car parts.

typical day at work here, is running around like a chicken with its head cut off . getting pulled off engine jobs and transmission jobs while everything is all apart .
Pros
n/a
Cons
to many to list
Great locally owned company
Great Locally owned car dealership, work hours are great compared to a lot of dealerships that are open until 9pm and on Sundays. You'll never work past 7pm!
Most of the managers are great, there is favouritism between certain people which can get frustrating. Family and health always come first.

Company has great longevity, long term employees.

Pretty good about taking vacation if you give enough notice and have coverage.

They are trying to grow to big to fast without the infrastructure so the operations of the company can be quite frustrating.

If you are good in sales you can make some really decent money here.
Pros
Money, benefits, family first
Cons
Long hours, Management favouritze certain employees
good people to work for
this has been the most fun ive had at a work place.I get to drive different Hondas as well as detail them.the staff are easy to deal with and any problems I have are delt with right away.
Pros
all the coffee I can drink as well as every so often they buy pizza for all the staff
Cons
pay is not so great
My first year of sales was with Van Isle RV Plus Ltd in the RV industry. I worked hard to adjust to the career change.
I would start my day cold calling ads from Auto Trader that my Sales Manager had selected for me to call. Van Isle RV Plus Ltd was a consignment lot and I phoned the ads and interacted with the selected persons to earn their business. Once agreed we would pick up their units, clean them up, then present them on the lot. I enjoyed my first year learning and earning businees, the pay was good and the staff was helpful too.
Pros
business peak from around april to oct.
Cons
quiet from around oct to apr business slow.
great workplace.
Waiting for prospects, Qualifying prospects, gaining personal information, walk around vehicle (Information for prospects) taking prospects on test drives, answering all and any questions, asking for the sale, writing up the deal and negotiating, delivery of vehicle.
I learnt how to be successful in the car industry.

The management team was awesome.

Great co-workers very fun environment.

Waiting for people to come in can be very boring.

The negotiation process was the best part of the job.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
split days off, low commission payouts.