Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 June 2019
too bad they closed, good place to work. good management and supervisors. had may opportunity's to advance and grow with the company. good pay and good benefits.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
fast paced
Vegetable Prep./Frozen meats
Veg. Pep/Frozen Meat. Gen. Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2019
Amazing company, strict adherence to product integrity, and for personal safety of its workers.
Great opportunities to learn food manufacture/packaging.
'Dare to disrupt' is/was their mantra; -if you see something you think is wrong, unsafe, potential for injury, -HALT the process and get a qualified 3rd person (Safety Personnel, Manager, etc.) to review the issue. Right or wrong, they WANT your input!
Can be very hot, humid, wet, but the issuance of clean uniforms, and available showers in the locker rooms are a total benefit. After a hard shift you can shower and return home in your home clothes, clean and fresh. This alone made the chore of this job bearable, enjoyable.
Pros
In facility restaurant, discount employee store
Cons
Toronto facility closed/closing
Very nice
Packaging job (Current Employee) –  Canada29 October 2018
Packaging job vacancy is empty in your company I like Campbell soup company I like you Campbell soup company job I proud fill ur company job I'm interest
Pros
Yaeh
Cons
10 hours
Best employer ever
General Laborer (Contract hire) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
I loved it here! The work culture was awesome and the co-workers were exceptional, every one! I joined on a 3-6 month Contract, was held for 5 months. Contract completed, not renewed. I had high hopes of returning the following season, hopefully to be retained permanently. Sadly though, Campbell's Canada is closing its Toronto location this summer (July, 2018 or thereabouts.) Goodbye Campbell's. You shall be missed dearly.
Pros
Amazing breakroom, cafeteria, great co-workers.
Cons
Facility closing, moving operation back to U.S.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Great people and steady pace environment.
No micro management and very supportive in business decisions
Great work life balance for a 3 shift operation
Pros
great people
Cons
closing in Canada
Great pay and very nice people
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto27 March 2018
One of the best jobs I've had. The people are very friendly and my boss was very understanding. Unfortunately they have announced that they will be closing in 2019
Great Cafeteria
MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Really great people to work with who were helpful most times.

Learned how to be a Maintenance Planner who organized and planned weekly maintenance schedules for the plant mechanics.
Was a great place to work, now shut down.
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON18 February 2018
While in operation the facility was a strong employer. Unfortunately the facility was shut down. The facility was good pay, good people and an excellent work experience.
My dream job!
Vegetable Prep/Gen. Labor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
I love this company! But sadly, it was recently announced that Campbell's Toronto Facility will be closing in the near future, its operations divested to other locations to be announced.
I was brought in on a Contract, which was fulfilled. It was my hope to be retained, or recalled, but that is unlikely to happen given the recent announcement of imminent closure.
Pros
Excellent products, very skilled and friendly workers. Very active Health & Safety instructions and implementation.
Cons
I have nothing to add for Cons.
Blend Cook
Senior part (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Campbell Soup Company of Canada was a great place to work up until the recent announcement of the plant closure at the end of July 2019. The people at Campbell's are good hardworking people.
clean environment and you never go hungry!!!!!!
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON14 December 2017
Campbell's is where I started my interest in maintenance, and eventually started my apprenticeship with them. It was a great place to work and I would probably still be there had they not closed down.
Pros
The example on here was bang-on, free lunches..... and suppers....
Cons
Because it was a food plant, we where not aloud to go outside for anything other than an emergency
Great Community of Employees
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 March 2017
This is my favourite contract that I have finished so far. All of my co-workers were very polite and friendly making it an enjoyable place to work and giving me something to look forward to. I learned a variety of roles during this contract because I was trained on all of the jobs that were available in my department.
Unfair hiring policies
Microbiology lab technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
worse company I ever worked
never respect temperory employees
They hire their own pets
never value people skills
micro lab manager is uneducated
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
discrimination
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON4 July 2016
Campbells was a great place to work, it offered great wages and benefits. It employed alot of people for such a small community it was sad when it closed down..
Mmm Mmm Go Nowhere
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
Management: Senior Management likes to talk a big talk about accountability, having open dialogue and caring about people but it's all a load of nonsense. If you enjoy a senior team full of disrespectful bullies who like to hear their own voices and are only interested in advancing their own personal agendas/careers, Campbell's is certainly the place for you. Expect to be thrown under the bus all the time, especially in front of the entire senior team, have your accomplishments put down/discredited, have the senior team take credit for your work, and refuse to take accountability for their own actions (despite grilling their own employees to always be accountable). It's hypocrisy at its finest.

Job Work: Do you enjoy being micro-managed and having absolutely zero decision making authority unless you're a VP or higher? Do you love analysis paralysis, make-work projects, and "beating a dead horse"? While Campbell's has a recognizable brand, the work is mind-numbing at best with a company that has missed the boat on so many opportunities, yet still calls itself "A Leader in Soup". As a brand manager you'll do so much analysis on the same question, your eyes will bleed - and even then the senior team will think it's not good enough.

Work-Life Balance: Campbell's Canada was recently "voted" one of the top Employers in Canada. Their website lists a host of benefits that are either inaccurate or were removed over a year ago for cost cutting - fitness facility (you have to pay $125/year), credit union (where?), concierge service (removed without telling employees), on-site cooking
  more... classes (non-existent). Flexible work arrangements? Expect the senior leaders (VP Marketing) to monitor when you arrive/leave the office AND kick up a fuss when you request permission to work from home. After "re-designing" the cafeteria, the senior leadership team realized that they couldn't afford to pay for it. So, the once decently subsidized cafeteria has now been subject to ridiculous price increases. The one real perk - if you work 40 hours Monday - Thursday, you can take a 1/2 day on Friday all year round (but expect that to be removed in the near future). Oh, and in a brilliant effort to cut costs, employees no longer have garbage cans at their desks - all garbage is in a communal bin AND the floors are cleaned/vacuumed once a year. Gross. Yet, the President has no problem spending $10K on a table at a charity event to promote herself and the Company as "philanthropic" and "business leaders".

Culture: In the effort to build a "High Performance Culture", the senior leadership team have forgotten that to work hard, you need to also play hard. The culture is non-existent. Enough said.

Job Security/Advancement: Where to begin? Jobs are being slashed left and right, and more importantly, employees are leaving in droves. You get promoted if you work 14-18 hour days and completely ignore your personal/social life.

Some readers may call this sour grapes - over my time at Campbell's I have learned a lot about what I really want to do with my life. Additionally ability to manage up and conduct deep dives (financial/performance) into ANY situation are certainly skills I will take away. But that does not even come close to offsetting the complete lack of respect or care for the dignity and welfare of employees below the VP/Director level. It's really sad to see a once great company go so far down the rabbit hole so quickly.
Pros
Big Brand Name on Resume, 1/2 Day Fridays, Learn Skills in Managing Up and Financial Analysis
Cons
See rest of the review
Great Plant to Work
Ribbon Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Listowel, Ontario11 June 2015
Plenty of opportunity for advancement or change of job. The management was helpful. Everyone was friendly to work with and always helped each other out.
Fast face CPG enviroment
Business Unit Leader Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2015
Fast past testing your decision making skills

Skilled motivated people to work with provides a good atmosphere

All ideas if based upon a business case will be reviewed
Great
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2015
Campbell Soup provided me a platform to successfully direct my career from computer science engineering to data mining, data mapping, data modeling based on SAS program. Very good memories.
Pleasant department to work in
Administrative Assistant-Purchasing/Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 September 2014
Campbell Soup Company has moved the Chatham location to Toronto.

While in Chatham I worked in the Purchasing/Agriculture department. My manager was very pleasant and easy going to work for. I learned alot about purchasing procedures, ex. blanket PO's, comparing products and costs, etc. I also had very nice co-workers to work with.
Pros
Pleasant environment to work in.
Cons
Business moved out of area
Fantastic Work environment
Certified ABS Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2014
Family comes first kind of company. Follows guidelines and procedures. Great benefits and company programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Campbell Soup Company Reviews by Location