Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

My manager slapped my hands away from the controls when I was changing the lines because he was stressed. I left rather than making a stink. Heavy work and poor management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, heavy, dangerous
I found work fun as we would do different things everyday and by doing this we also got to experience and comprehend more of how everything worked together
Typical work place in Campbell is like always nonstop learning process. Everyday you will learn something different and you will be properly assisted by your team leader up to your manager. Hardest part is when the problem seems nonstop and all you gonna do is to unload and stack all the skids at the conveyor inorder not to stop the productions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie that was developed by the workers and teamwork of the every shift. Plus the pay check..
management through intimidation , promotions given to unqualified friends of managers, training given to managers pets, preferred shifts given to junior employees due to relationship with managers, many were threatened with termination, vindictive uneducated leaders, senior leadership says all the right things but does none of tem
Pros
good pay
Cons
middle management has no skills
At Campbell company of Canada manufacturing plant, multiple family generation worked which gave it a family environment. People made time to have friendship and respected each other. It was nice to go to work. Sad to see it go but guess it was its time.
Pros
Onsite gym
It was line work. Fast paced, taking meat off chickens and turkeys. It was full time, very clean and efficient. If you wanted you could have on the job.
Pros
Very friendly place to work
Cons
Sometimes you would get tough birds. Hard to get the meat off.
Working for FPE department was not bad to many chiefs not enough indians
Pros
Paud weekly
Cons
No fulltime hiring onky contract
too bad they closed, good place to work. good management and supervisors. had may opportunity's to advance and grow with the company. good pay and good benefits.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
fast paced
Amazing company, strict adherence to product integrity, and for personal safety of its workers. Great opportunities to learn food manufacture/packaging. 'Dare to disrupt' is/was their mantra; -if you see something you think is wrong, unsafe, potential for injury, -HALT the process and get a qualified 3rd person (Safety Personnel, Manager, etc.) to review the issue. Right or wrong, they WANT your input! Can be very hot, humid, wet, but the issuance of clean uniforms, and available showers in the locker rooms are a total benefit. After a hard shift you can shower and return home in your home clothes, clean and fresh. This alone made the chore of this job bearable, enjoyable.
Pros
In facility restaurant, discount employee store
Cons
Toronto facility closed/closing
To bad it's closes. Great people,good management. Was always treat with respect. The only reason leaving its plant closure. To bad Toronto plant is closing other way will never quit.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Plant closure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Campbell Soup Company?
Packaging job vacancy is empty in your company I like Campbell soup company I like you Campbell soup company job I proud fill ur company job I'm interest
Pros
Yaeh
Cons
10 hours
I loved it here! The work culture was awesome and the co-workers were exceptional, every one! I joined on a 3-6 month Contract, was held for 5 months. Contract completed, not renewed. I had high hopes of returning the following season, hopefully to be retained permanently. Sadly though, Campbell's Canada is closing its Toronto location this summer (July, 2018 or thereabouts.) Goodbye Campbell's. You shall be missed dearly.
Pros
Amazing breakroom, cafeteria, great co-workers.
Cons
Facility closing, moving operation back to U.S.
Great people and steady pace environment. No micro management and very supportive in business decisions Great work life balance for a 3 shift operation
Pros
great people
Cons
closing in Canada
One of the best jobs I've had. The people are very friendly and my boss was very understanding. Unfortunately they have announced that they will be closing in 2019
Really great people to work with who were helpful most times. Learned how to be a Maintenance Planner who organized and planned weekly maintenance schedules for the plant mechanics.
While in operation the facility was a strong employer. Unfortunately the facility was shut down. The facility was good pay, good people and an excellent work experience.
I love this company! But sadly, it was recently announced that Campbell's Toronto Facility will be closing in the near future, its operations divested to other locations to be announced. I was brought in on a Contract, which was fulfilled. It was my hope to be retained, or recalled, but that is unlikely to happen given the recent announcement of imminent closure.
Pros
Excellent products, very skilled and friendly workers. Very active Health & Safety instructions and implementation.
Cons
I have nothing to add for Cons.
Campbell Soup Company of Canada was a great place to work up until the recent announcement of the plant closure at the end of July 2019. The people at Campbell's are good hardworking people.
Campbell's is where I started my interest in maintenance, and eventually started my apprenticeship with them. It was a great place to work and I would probably still be there had they not closed down.
Pros
The example on here was bang-on, free lunches..... and suppers....
Cons
Because it was a food plant, we where not aloud to go outside for anything other than an emergency
This is my favourite contract that I have finished so far. All of my co-workers were very polite and friendly making it an enjoyable place to work and giving me something to look forward to. I learned a variety of roles during this contract because I was trained on all of the jobs that were available in my department.
worse company I ever worked never respect temperory employees They hire their own pets never value people skills micro lab manager is uneducated
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
discrimination