Camp Robin Hood Employee Reviews

lovely summer/autumn job!
Camp Wide Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2019
great place to have a goal to be promoted. constantly positions being offered to those who work hard, dedicate their time, care about the campers, image and staff. constantly able to move forward and upwards. staff are intelligent, caring and dedicated as well as the management.
Super fun and relaxed
Leadership Staff (Former Employee) –  10243 Reesor Road13 July 2018
If you love working with kids, this is the job for you. I would describe the job as a whole as a job that didn't really feel like a job because a typical work day consists of making sure the kids are having fun and the plus is that you have fun while doing it as well.
Excellent start
General Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 April 2018
Working here was great! You receive a lot of bright and fun kids in your cabin and you make strong friendships with your co-staff in the units as well as to other staff members there.
Positive
Junior Girls and Boys counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 January 2018
-typical summer day camp
-attend to campers needs
-lead group activities
-discuss/resolve any issues/concerns with parents
-understand children better
Pros
Spend time outside
Cons
Lengthy days/little pay
Productive day with many physical activities
Cabin Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 November 2017
A typical day at work involved my co counsellor and I participating with our group in physical activities. I learned to have more patience, and also worked on my communication skills. The management was very organized as they had an assembly every week and overall the hiring process was very fluent without any problems. The hardest part of my day was going swimming when it was a colder day. However, the most enjoyable part of the day was just getting to see how much the children enjoyed the camp.
Pros
snacks at the end of the day
Cons
swimming in the cold
Never dull, but completely draining.
Nature Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2017
Typical day at work means no time to yourself, and no social life, especially if you're a bus councillor. Time management and stress management are some of the big things learned. Workplace culture was pretty great though, and everyone helps each other.
Best job
Cabin Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
This job was very eye opening and loving. By the end of the summer we all are one big happy family and the atmosphere is so great. You make tons of friends and the fun never ends
Pros
snack everyday, 2 swims
Very fun summer job
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2017
A typical day at work was exhausting, but very fun. Its always fun working with the campers, and also the other staff. I learnt many problem solving skills, and how to work with a variety of age groups. The director and management was great, and they were always there when you had any questions. The hardest part of the job was the days when the campers didn't want to behave, but after doing it for multiple summers, you start to learn the tricks. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you make connections with the campers, as well as the staff.
Pros
Free Transportation
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work for youth
Canoe Instructor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2017
The environment is typical of any camp; long days; strenuous work; and not much pay to show for it. The rewards of this job are intangible, yet critical. The best part about working here was the campers.
Pros
Free Transportation
Cons
Low compensation
Fun workplace with staff incentives.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2017
My time at Camp Robin Hood was enjoyable. I made great friends and worked with awesome children. Their training is extensive and I learned a lot of valuable skills that are applicable to jobs that I have worked since leaving.
Pros
Free transportation to and from camp, detailed training, staff events
Cons
Long hours, below minimum wage
Best job i ever had, hands down.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 June 2017
I could write many great things about this place. You learn so much and acquire many useful skills you will need later in life. The management is outstanding and the culture is greater than what you could expect. It's sad that I must carry on with my life, in search of better things.
Positive and enthusiastic environment.
Cabin Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 May 2017
I absolutely love working at Camp Robin Hood! Each day is like a new adventure filled with excitement and amazing outdoor activities. You make great friends and get to build true bonds with the campers, parents, and co-workers. The atmosphere is always positive and keeps me wanting to come back each day.
Fun, energetic workplace
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2017
I enjoyed my overall experience and the overall environment at Camp Robin Hood. I created great relationships with both the staff as well as the campers.
Pros
Creating relationships
long hours and management needs work
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 June 2016
could use more training when hiring new employees and fix there hours management could not separate work form play the hours are long and the environment is stressful
it was a good experience
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
it was a one day work experience.
I felt welcome by the people working there,
They showed me around the camp ground and where to find anything that I needed
The joy of enriching children's lives.
Councillor (Former Employee) –  Markham3 November 2014
- Arrive at work by 7:45am
- Gather the kids and take them to their first activity
- Mid morning take them to the second
- Lunch and swimming
- First afternoon activity
- Last afternoon activity
- Take them to the buses around 3:00 pm
The above events are mixed with morning and evening stage events put on by camp staff depending on the day of the week. Activity's include Archery, Landsports, Canoeing, Music & Drama, Arts & Crafts, Nature (animals, plants and other fun nature related games), rock climbing and Free periods during which staff are expected to find activities for their kids.

The management team of senior staff are dedicated to the care of the children and staff.
Camp Life
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, Ontario24 October 2014
Love working at camp and with kids! It was fun teaching the kids swimming lessons as well as interacting with all the amazing staff.
A very fun and rewarding job.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham5 October 2014
Spend the summer working with lively children with very friendly coworkers.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Long hours for very little pay
CRH is great fun all year round for its campers.
Camp & Bus Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2014
Camp Robin Hood provides great fun & activities for its campers all summer long.
I learned how to better deal with acting out behaviours in children,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact the whole day was spent with the campers; they are full of positive energy & really enjoy their time at camp.
Cons
A camp setting is not for everyone, no matter how much one enjoys working with children.
Great experience with children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 February 2014
Camp Robin Hood provides an excellent resource for dealing with children, both from the teaching and care giving perspective.