Camp Misquah

Camp Misquah Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
A fun summer with many campers anf counsellors
This was one of the best summers I ever had. Working and camping. Lots of activities! Nice cottages, great meals. Lots of hands on learning while there too.
Wonderful Place
Absolutely love working at Camp Misquah, it has become like a home to me. Such an amazing group of people and the work is so much fun! Very high energy and fast paced environment.
Very energetic and rewarding employment.
I've now worked there for 3 years, and I will continue to come back.

The experiences and connection that you make with the senior staffs, counselors, and especially campers will further advance you in this field.

You learn all about your co-counselors and the culture of the camp with the assistance of senior staffs. You learn the ropes pretty quick, with the help of returning staffs and senior staffs.

I'd say the hardest part of the job would be the days will feel long, but the session weeks will feel short. It can be physically and mentally draining, but that's camp for you.

The reason why I would encourage you to come to apply to this camp is the community this place has. Everybody knows each other, and the connections you make are long lasting.
Pros
Very positive environment, beautiful camp site, no judgement zone.
Cons
Long hours, and I hate the mosquitos. Then again, it's a camp.
Counsellor
Last year was my very first year working at Camp Misquah and I didn't know what to expect. It's the best camp to work in, the people there are great!
Overall Job
As a camp councillor you will have a rewarding and fulfilling experience. You will meet incredible people that will inspire you, and help you grow as a person. A typical day involves ensuring that your campers at the end of the day will have a satisfying and great experience while at camp, if you've done that then you have done above and beyond. But typically it will involve encouraging your campers to join activities whether its going out to the beach front, playing a game, going for a hike or whatever. I learned as a person that it can be very difficult at times sometimes you want to cry because you are overwhelmed, but not because your discouraged just because you feel like there's something more that you could be doing. The most enjoyable part of the job for myself was meeting so many incredible people.
Pros
meeting so many optimistic individuals
Cons
breaks can be an issue maybe instead of 3 hours at once they could be divided
its was really fun making new friend and learn about outdoors fun and life
i was amazing and helping people of different ages and groups that need special needs and I though me how to be humble and love others the way you love yourself
Great place to work!
Worked at Camp Misquah for a few summers. Such a great place to spend your summer, and makes you feel great about yourself when you work there. There are a variety of different positions that they hire for, so there's something for everyone as long as you don't mind being outside for long hours at a time.
I learned a lot of great skills at Misquah and met some really great people as well. Everyone is very nice, which makes the job even more enjoyable.

Great first job for people looking for work experience. Truly where memories are made.
Pros
Fun job, great people, great experience
Cons
Hard work but very rewarding
So much fun to work here. Great staff. Awesome campers. It was really hard work though - you are "on" pretty much 24/7. You work for the great experience - not the money.
A day in the life of camp
Camp Misquah is an overnight camp located in Gracefield, Quebec for intellectually disabled kids and adults. As the business director, I learned to use my business acumen to help foster a typical camp experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Misquah. Our community is ready to answer.
4.8