Camp Latona

Camp Latona Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
It is where I learned the Kitchen layout and how to work in one.
Waking up about as a early Bird and doing what I can do. Helping the chiefs in the Kitchen and Cleaning What needs to be.
And doing what the Chefs say.
Pros
Fresh air, Good pay, Learning experience, and fun times.
Cons
Long hours.
A great place to work
Camp Latona is a great place to work. There's a certain family feeling between the staff that makes everyone feel comfortable working there. I would recommend Camp Latona to anyone in the Vancouver area is is looking for a summer camp for their kids or employment
Pros
Free food, fun experiences and good staff
Perfect way to spend a summer
A camp that really has it all - great kids and activities, and the staff always enjoys being there. typical summer camp schedule with full weeks on and weekends/ some weeks off. if you have a specialization in ropes/climbing or as a lifeguard then the job is a little different to a counsellor but all staff has a hand in a great summer camp experience.
Pros
full time summer job, awesome activities, fun for kids and staff
Cons
hard work, usually minimum wage, little down time
Awesome place to work
Lots of fun and amazing location on Gambier Island. The people you work with feel like family and the free room and board is a massive pro. Definitely recommend working here if you love working with kids.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Very tiring
Fun and Adventure
A typical day depending on the size of the group and the menu starts at 5 am.We make all of our flour products on site, ie pizza,breads,cookies,hamburger/hotdog buns.Everything is made from scratch.
We deal with a lot of clientle who have dietary issues.So that might be the most challenging part of the job.It's an enjoyment especially when you are dealing with groups such as Burn camp.

Then there is family camp,different families some unknown to each other come together for a wknd of fun and food and relaxation(lol).

The staff made up of Councellors and CIT'S of which most are students and have never worked before do get a good dose of work ethic with a lot of fun.

It's nice when they fight over who gets to work in the kitchen and there parents give positive feed-back.
Pros
all positive
Cons
there are no con's
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Latona. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6