Camp Amy Molson

Camp Amy Molson Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Amazing and enriching company to work for.

This is an amazing place to work. I started there in 2015, did three summers then came back for a 4th summer last year. It's my favorite place to spend the summer and if you go into it with the right attitude it is a job that will repay you in so many ways. The salary isn't high since it is a non profit summer camp, so you need to be working there for the right reasons. If you want an unforgettable summer, to meet amazing people, and spend 7 weeks at the most beautiful location then definitely apply here.They also promote from within so if this is the field you want to be in then there are always advancement opportunities.

Pros

Amazing staff, meals and lodging included.

Cons

Long days and average salary

Fun and energetic place to work

A typical day at work includes; waking up in the cabin with your group getting breakfast with the group and then heading out to complete a day of fun activities.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

You have to sleep there

Insights into Camp Amy Molson

• Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Amazing work experience

CAM is perfect for work experience with underprivileged children and children with special needs. Not only do you develop and practice many of your skills, you are rewarded with an enjoyable summer and valuable bonds with both fellow staff and the campers you encounter.

This job was fun and satisfying

Being a counsellor at this camp was one of the most rewarding and satisfying work experiences I have ever had. The relationships you build with the children really impact both your life and the child's life forever.

Pros

bonding with children and the experience

Cons

low pay

Learning experience, fun

Working here you learn a lot! I'm great fun to have worked hear it made me a very hard worker, and taught me how to stay clam in what could be some very stressful situations.

Pros

Free food when working, plus good discounts everywhere

Cons

Under staffed

It was a fun work place

It was fun to work with all different people and learn communication skills, leadership.Also learned how to work in a team and as a individual.

Great Job to Develop Life-Skills

I've worked here for 12 years and I haven't stopped learning yet. I've had a number of different jobs and I've enjoyed doing each and every one of them. I would recommend this job to anyone who is a hard worker, cares about children and is interested in developing their skills while giving back to a deserving community.

A memorable Experience...

Working at Camp Amy Molson isn't an easy job, nor is it too tasking. If you have a passion for working with children, you have a knack for following schedules, your patience level is impressive and you are an understanding individual then CAM is the right place for you. CAM is a place that welcomes all with open arms, its a place that children from all types of backgrounds can go and have a unforgettable summer. Where the working Staff can create memories and find a sense of peace that you couldn't find in the city no matter how hard you try. And if you determined to make the kids have a great time, are willing to sacrifice some much needed sleep and a few portions of meals just to see the smile on their faces at the end of each night then CAM is the place for you.

Pros

Experience, unforgettable memories, new lasting friendships, a fun, understanding, easy-going boss, and a new perspective of life.

Cons

Low sallery

Quite an experience

A typical day at Camp Amy Molson includes a lot of running around although it is very enjoyable to be around children whom you really grow attached to by the end of the summer. Some of the campers may even look at you as more of an older sibling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Amy Molson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement