Camosun College

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

placegreatjobworkmanagementpeoplegoodenjoy

Meaningful work

Working with motivated emerging career students is the bomb. The people who support the students are so positive. There is so much hope and potential of good things to come. It is the dream.

Pros

people and service

Cons

Pay, lack of career growth

Super fun place to work hard to secure temporary positions for flex staff.

Camosun is a fun and dynamic work environment, with awesome staff and colleagues that are always able to assist others that are in need of assistance and help.

Pros

Diversity

Insights into Camosun College

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment

Great staff, culture, support, benefits. Excellent unions who provide great support.

I enjoyed my position so much, I stayed in it for 27 years. I was very supported as technology changed, and my department grew. Camosun is a great employer for work/life balance (although this may vary a bit by manager), and this definitely helps to offset the average or slightly less than average pay. Understanding your collective agreement goes a long way towards a successful and supported career.

Slow paced, low pay but job security is high

Good place to work, slow paced but culture is fine, coworkers are cool. The projects vary, at times things can be very slow, other times you can have a project to work on.

Relaxed and easy work if you're a hard worker

Amazing coworkers, easy to talk to management, repetitive but consistent work. The routes switch up so you aren't always doing the same place. The janitorial team helps with security and production too so there are different things to do throughout the year. Not many day shifts available however so be prepared to start your 8hour workday around 4PM.

Good College dedicated to its community

It's a good place to work. Indeed is making me say more than this to move on to the next page, so I'm just trying to get to the 150 character minimum.

Camosun College

Lots of opportunity however very limited movement between CUPE and CCFA. Wages are comparatively lower than other post secondary institutions. Excellent benefits.

benefits

Cons

wages

Productive and ever changing workplace

- Always on the go making sure everything is set up and ready for each sporting event. I learned to work as a team and to adapt to situations and take initiative. My manager was awesome and gave me what i needed to succeed and trusted me with various roles/tasks. Hardest part of the job was being patient during the lull of the job. The most enjoyable part was having freedom to make decisions and teaching other people.

Great Place to Work!

Wonderful, people, environment, students and colleagues. The down side of being a sessional instructor is there is no job security. I would definitely work here full time if the opportunity came up!

Pros

People, autonomy

Cons

No job security

Good and Bad

The most frustrating thing about Camosun is also the best thing. That is the union environment. It's great that they have your back, but it's also difficult to move someone who is not a good fit for position. I don't always feel like the union has my back, but with other aspects they sure do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camosun College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement