Camosun College
View all Camosun College reviews

Camosun College

Camosun College Employee Review

union job, paid well, benefits and time off package was good. no real complaints overall. those who have worked union jobs know there are positives(mostly) and some negatives(time off has to be booked in advance, and is booked by seniority.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Meaningful work

Working with motivated emerging career students is the bomb. The people who support the students are so positive. There is so much hope and potential of good things to come. It is the dream.

Pros

people and service

Cons

Pay, lack of career growth
Same location

Super fun place to work hard to secure temporary positions for flex staff.

Camosun is a fun and dynamic work environment, with awesome staff and colleagues that are always able to assist others that are in need of assistance and help.

Pros

Diversity

Cons

Same location

Great staff, culture, support, benefits. Excellent unions who provide great support.

I enjoyed my position so much, I stayed in it for 27 years. I was very supported as technology changed, and my department grew. Camosun is a great employer for work/life balance (although this may vary a bit by manager), and this definitely helps to offset the average or slightly less than average pay. Understanding your collective agreement goes a long way towards a successful and supported career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camosun College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Camosun College with

Camosun College reviews by location

Learn about Camosun College in popular locations

• Camosun College
  • great institution to work for, varies a lot by department but my experiences in custodial were mostly positive.