Cameco Employee Reviews

Great company, great benefits, upward mobility
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, Sk16 May 2018
trained and certified with hours to operated various types of equipment. Was also training others at site. The workplace had a lot of Indigeneous peoples who were well qualified and were trained to move upward. Great Place to work.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
Great benefits but too much bureocracy
Exploration Geologist III (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 May 2018
This company in overall has great salary/benefits and it tries to have a good life balance. Uranium is not on its highest right now so the company is suffering.
Is a good place to work
Workface Planner Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON3 May 2018
I am only a contractor so i cant give a full review but seems like employees have a good place to work. there are events to support the community and employees rally around other employees if needed.
Great salary, difficult lifestyle.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR/MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  McArthur River29 April 2018
No meaningful change or adaptation to new technologies or processes. Lot of talk little action. High internal staff transfers make it difficult to implement real change.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Difficult to implement changes that could make operations more efficient and reduce costs.
job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan27 February 2018
I really enjoyed working with Cameco. It was one of the best companies I have worked for. They had really nice trucks to drive, nice equipment to drive, all the equipment was fairly new and it was a good place to work with good people. I had friends there so whenever I had lunch or supper we would talk and enjoy our meals.
Pros
nice equipment, nice camp, good facilities
Cons
nothing
Overall great pay and great co-workers
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK12 February 2018
Overall great pay and great co-workers, job tasks were ok, flights were good and on time most of the time, management consisted mostly of a boys club.
excellent work, with excellent people
Cigar Lake Mine - Site Trainer 3 (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 January 2018
Fly into site and start work by greeting them through orientation, followed by all the paperwork. From here I review the training schedule for the week and view what I need to accomplish in my week. Usually, a course will or may need to be developed or reviewed.

I had the pleasure and opportunity to witness a mine transition from a project with just a shaft to going into production. Lots of interesting challenges in my time there, with the shaft first flooding and then the mine. To witness and participate in all of these issues was amazing.

This could not have come together without the support of management, workers and outside vendors working together to bring this mine to life and it was a challenge.

The people were amazing, they were my second family. That job was one that I will look back on and feel proud that I was a part of.
Good
Heavy Duty Mechanic - relief foreman (Current Employee) –  Key Lake, SK26 November 2017
Good place to work , don’t want to do a review but apparently it is mandatory for this site , not happy about this at all but will go through the motions
Productive and Engaging Work environment
Radiation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 November 2017
The week in week out lifestyle worked well for being engrossed in the work place and for a healthy work life balance.
The on-site staff worked cohesively to maintain a healthy, safe, and rewarding workplace.
Unfortunately the uranium market has not recovered from the Fukishima Incident and the overall work environment at Cameco has steadily declined.
Interesting opportunity
Safety officer (Current Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK19 November 2017
A great learning experience, not just safety also environment issues/concerns and the uranium industry.
Worked with great people.
With working in a commodity resource no certainty of work,
Pros
Fishing
Cons
Uncertainty of work
Most of carrer has been here, cant wait to get out
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON8 November 2017
Poor management, 0 moral at the PHCF, absolutely no job security.
Preach safety but production comes first. Employees put into mid management positions with no experience or qualifications.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
everything else
Fly In Camp
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan26 October 2017
11 hour work day, 2 week in shifts. Permanent camp facility offers large dining area, good selection of food, gymnasium, weight room, fishing boats in the summer months.
There is a strong team presents with safety in mind. However recent economy changes have people insecure
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 October 2017
The people I work with are very much concerned with seeing everyone return home to their loved ones in one piece. Safety and team work are strong motivators to get the job done. We take pride in our work. However with the recent economy changes. People are more concerned then ever about their future.
Great People, Poor Management!
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, SK16 September 2017
Great people, poor management all they do upstairs is protect one another and be dishonest to corporate office on what is actually happening at the site level, if you become one of the upper managements friends, then you will be guaranteed to move up the corporate ladder.
Pros
Great Employees, great work, nice camp.
Cons
Away from family, below average meals due to cut backs, the union.
review.
Business Analyst III / Developer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 September 2017
Large company with a really good benefit package. They offer lots of social activities and have a very active role in the community.

Performance reviews done yearly, with input from both manager and employee.
Pros
Benefits very good
Cons
overtime policy limited
You are just a number to them
Mechanical Planner Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  McArthur Lake, SK31 August 2017
You are just a number to them, camp live is not all fun and games, you will loose touch of your family and home life.Its great when you can take lots of time off.
Good compaany to work for
EI Planner (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan20 August 2017
Good benefits and compensation. Good people to work with. Management cares about your well being. I learned a lot about machinery, people and respect.
Pros
Cheap living in camp!
Cons
Away from home, missing family events and social events at times.
Productive and safe workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Key Lake, SK15 August 2017
I enjoyed working for this top notch employer. The work and camp atmosphere cannot be beat. The company is committed overall safety and training employees to today's standards. A safe and excellent company to work for!
Pros
Camp food and facilities are great.
Workers are great people
Radiation Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK20 June 2017
good place to work.
experience is not appreciated
more consideration for education and lack of common knowledge of realities
communication from superiors was weak
Pros
good food
Cons
long hours though little consideration
Productive, good place to work
Process operator (Former Employee) –  Mcarthur River, Saskatchewan15 May 2017
good benefits
good wages
training on job
hardest part of the job is nothing if your fit for the job then its for you
good friendly people
awesome packages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameco. Our community is ready to answer.