Cameco

Cameco Employee Reviews

This is the A standard company. Benefifs, pension, advancement opportunities but getting your foot in the door is tough. Might not seem that way but most of the people that work here are lifers and for good reason; this company can help u provide for your family for a long time, but super hard to get in.
Pros
Great salary, lots of paid time off, great coworkers, fair and even distribution of rules.
Cons
Advancement takes time and getting in takes longer.
Stay away. You’re just a number and nobody cares. Very top heavy company with too many levels of management. Lots of entitled and clueless people in management rolls. Too much corporate red tape and many pointless work tasks just to keep managers looking busy.
Pros
Good facilities and mostly nice people.
Cons
Overpaid power hungry people in management positions.
It would be nice to get a callback. It is a good company for Northerners. All the years I’ve been there I have enjoyed it.Close to home,work rotations were good. After the layoff I worked at other mines, but Cameco was still the best by far. It provides good work experience and follows safety standards consistently. Highly recommend employment to others.
Pros
Consistent work, quality safety procedures in place and good employers
Cons
Layoffs
i’ve worked for cameco for many years and in all my time there i was treated with respect and gained a lot of knowledge that will be beneficial to any other workplace that i may head into
Pros
good pay, two weeks in two weeks off
Cons
being away from my family
It is a Good place to work with friendly people. A little slow paced at times. But you can have a good work life balance working there. The hours on site can be long and sometimes there can be a lot of overtime. Depending on your job.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Long hours and slow days.
Cameco survives on commodity pricing and hence vulnerable to the commodity specific market conditions. It is a fair employer and compensates fairly based on market conditions. Focuses on work life balance.
Going to field with proper PPE every. Daily safety meetings. Awareness to surrounding. Safety is strictly implemented. Superintendent are very knowledgeable. Urine test every week. New people and visitors all the time.
Great experience while I was there and can’t wait for them to reopen the mine. I worked there for 12 years and I absolutely love the people there was the best place to work.
It was a great productive work place, I learned so much about pumps and I also met a lot of great people. The hardest part was leaving my babies and the enjoyable part was the gym, free food and the work was easy!
Excellent colleague environment.! Well organized electronic files, easy to find. Teamwork at a level professional. Collaborative management with agreed up on schedule and defined budget.
Everyone understands what is expected of them. Managers are keen with coaching and ensuring their employees are provided with the tools to be successful. They're open to continuous improvement suggestions, and if they buy-in to the value of your concept they implement your idea. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cameco and would work for this community focused employer again if provided the opportunity,
People work well together with great collaboration. Very respectful culture. I feel safe there. Great company to work for. I'm proud of being part of the team.
wake up at 5am go for breakfast. catch the bus to work start work at 6am have coffee and morning meeting. head out to work as the supervisor gives us our Dailey task.
Pros
free meals
Cons
working in the cold
It is not to often that you get a job that you do not mind getting up for in the morning but this was one. A typical work day started at 6:30 am with shift cross over and then my shift started at 7:00 am. We always had a shift communication and safety meeting first and then employees were assigned to their position for the shift. The rest of my shift was spent doing various things like payroll and paperwork as well as looking after things on the floor. Truly the best company I have ever worked for in my entire working career.
700 meters underground this was the best paying and most interesting job Ive ever had my job there was critical I was in charge of making sure the mine didnt flood and also was traned in mine rescue which was an AMAZING experience itself
A typical day would consist of many audits and meetings for myself with the OHS team. I took on the role as their safety officer and was able to help the company succeed in their compliance to legislation by auditing each production area including asbestus removal. Re-writing many procedures and instructions and training the employees was a great asset to the company and having everyone work well together as a team was a big bonus! On of the hardest parts of the job would have to be masking up to audit the production facility while in danger of HF fluid, and Uranium. Again, having a great team that works well together and understanding, these tasks were managed well. Cameco PHCF is a respectable work place and a great team environment for any position in the company! Here are some examples of the tasks I would do at Cameo PHCF: - Interpret and enforce compliance to the company safety program and provincial occupational, health and safety regulations. - Conduct safety orientations and training sessions. - Schedule and conduct regular onsite safety meetings, audits and inspections. - Identify hazardous work situations and take corrective action to remedy the situation. - Administer the W.H.M.I.S. program. - Post safety policies, bulletins and posters at job sites to support a safe work environment. - Ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is used and used in a safe manner by trained personnel. - Lead the investigation of all personal injury and property damage accidents and near misses. - Prepare incident reports and recommendations for corrective - more...
Good work place with friendly coworkers with excellent benefits and excellent care from the kitchen and housekeeping staff. The work schedule was 7 days in and 7 days off and we were flown in and out of the camp. The 7 days off gave us time to spend with family.
Some great people with amazing talent. Some managers are very supportive and lead the way. The people and the work can be quite engaging when the market conditions are good. If market conditions are not good then it can be a tough place to be engaged.
Worked there for over 10 years. But was unfortunately laid off During my career, i learned to be independent, competent, and managed my time efficiently.
good work atmosphere. too many meetings sometimes though. The people were fantastic to work with and I have made many long term friendship with the people who worked there.
they let me go because i was taking over the counter medication for a broken jaw line they didnt want to see me get hurt on the job site. .
  1. Employee reviews