Cameco

Cameco Employee Reviews

Canada119 reviews

campfishingsitesafetyfacilityweekexcellenttraining

You get out what you put in.

I’m fortunate enough to work in a small slightly specialized group that is well led and has clear goals and paths to them. My leadership has open door policy but does not pay lip service. They will listen to ideas and if they’re not suitable they will tell you and explain why. My guys are also very supportive in developing their workforce. Definitely bumps in the here and there but nothing serious.

Pros

Schedule, some good leaders, benefits, pay

Cons

Remote/Captive work location.

Great experience

Time at Rabbit lake was great, there was a great set of guys to work with and the knowledge that was gained from their experience was priceless. Always felt at home when at work, bosses were good to deal with, the safety culture was a ten compared to other places of work. There were lots to do when not at work like weights or other activities that were put up by the ptarmigan club. Summertime was great for the fishing. The people that were part of the site are what made it a great place to work you had people of all races working together with a common goal to get that ore out of the ground and processed for shipping in a safe manner. Sure there were some incidents but which site or company does not have these happen, corrective actions were usually immediately dealt with thus making the site a very strict yet safe site to work at.

Pros

Pay, People, Experience

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

Insights into Cameco

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great job if you can get it.

This is the A standard company. Benefifs, pension, advancement opportunities but getting your foot in the door is tough. Might not seem that way but most of the people that work here are lifers and for good reason; this company can help u provide for your family for a long time, but super hard to get in.

Pros

Great salary, lots of paid time off, great coworkers, fair and even distribution of rules.

Cons

Advancement takes time and getting in takes longer.

Toxic environment

Stay away. You’re just a number and nobody cares. Very top heavy company with too many levels of management. Lots of entitled and clueless people in management rolls. Too much corporate red tape and many pointless work tasks just to keep managers looking busy.

Pros

Good facilities and mostly nice people.

Cons

Overpaid power hungry people in management positions.

Great experience, good people. Cameco is top of the line compared to other sites I’ve worked at

It would be nice to get a callback. It is a good company for Northerners. All the years I’ve been there I have enjoyed it.Close to home,work rotations were good. After the layoff I worked at other mines, but Cameco was still the best by far. It provides good work experience and follows safety standards consistently. Highly recommend employment to others.

Pros

Consistent work, quality safety procedures in place and good employers

Cons

Layoffs

good place to work

i’ve worked for cameco for many years and in all my time there i was treated with respect and gained a lot of knowledge that will be beneficial to any other workplace that i may head into

Pros

good pay, two weeks in two weeks off

Cons

being away from my family

Good place to work. Friendly people.

It is a Good place to work with friendly people. A little slow paced at times. But you can have a good work life balance working there. The hours on site can be long and sometimes there can be a lot of overtime. Depending on your job.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Long hours and slow days.

Great company, mediocre management culture.

Cameco survives on commodity pricing and hence vulnerable to the commodity specific market conditions. It is a fair employer and compensates fairly based on market conditions. Focuses on work life balance.

Safety is strictly implemented.

Going to field with proper PPE every. Daily safety meetings. Awareness to surrounding. Safety is strictly implemented. Superintendent are very knowledgeable. Urine test every week. New people and visitors all the time.

Hi

Great experience while I was there and can’t wait for them to reopen the mine. I worked there for 12 years and I absolutely love the people there was the best place to work.

Process was great

It was a great productive work place, I learned so much about pumps and I also met a lot of great people. The hardest part was leaving my babies and the enjoyable part was the gym, free food and the work was easy!

Project oriented

Excellent colleague environment.! Well organized electronic files, easy to find. Teamwork at a level professional. Collaborative management with agreed up on schedule and defined budget.

This company has wonderful people supporting the business. They are dedicated and very positive to work with. I highly recommend working for Cameco.

Everyone understands what is expected of them. Managers are keen with coaching and ensuring their employees are provided with the tools to be successful. They're open to continuous improvement suggestions, and if they buy-in to the value of your concept they implement your idea. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cameco and would work for this community focused employer again if provided the opportunity,

Pleasant Experience, Nice People and Respectful Workplace

People work well together with great collaboration. Very respectful culture. I feel safe there. Great company to work for. I'm proud of being part of the team.

Productive and fun work place at Cameco

wake up at 5am go for breakfast. catch the bus to work start work at 6am have coffee and morning meeting. head out to work as the supervisor gives us our Dailey task.

Pros

free meals

Cons

working in the cold

Many opportunities to interac with the community and support various initiatives.

It is not to often that you get a job that you do not mind getting up for in the morning but this was one. A typical work day started at 6:30 am with shift cross over and then my shift started at 7:00 am. We always had a shift communication and safety meeting first and then employees were assigned to their position for the shift. The rest of my shift was spent doing various things like payroll and paperwork as well as looking after things on the floor. Truly the best company I have ever worked for in my entire working career.

Dewatering lead

700 meters underground this was the best paying and most interesting job Ive ever had my job there was critical I was in charge of making sure the mine didnt flood and also was traned in mine rescue which was an AMAZING experience itself

Great work environment and team!

A typical day would consist of many audits and meetings for myself with the OHS team. I took on the role as their safety officer and was able to help the company succeed in their compliance to legislation by auditing each production area including asbestus removal. Re-writing many procedures and instructions and training the employees was a great asset to the company and having everyone work well together as a team was a big bonus! On of the hardest parts of the job would have to be masking up to audit the production facility while in danger of HF fluid, and Uranium. Again, having a great team that works well together and understanding, these tasks were managed well. Cameco PHCF is a respectable work place and a great team environment for any position in the company! Here are some examples of the tasks I would do at Cameo PHCF: - Interpret and enforce compliance to the company safety program and provincial occupational, health and safety regulations. - Conduct safety orientations and training sessions. - Schedule and conduct regular onsite safety meetings, audits and inspections. - Identify hazardous work situations and take corrective action to remedy the situation. - Administer the W.H.M.I.S. program. - Post safety policies, bulletins and posters at job sites to support a safe work environment. - Ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is used and used in a safe manner by trained personnel. - Lead the investigation of all personal injury and property damage accidents and near misses. - Prepare incident reports and recommendations for corrective -

Good work place with friendly coworkers with excellent benefits and excellent care from the kitchen and housekeeping staff. The work schedule was 7 days in and 7 days off and we were flown in and out of the camp. The 7 days off gave us time to spend with family.

Great pockets of strong leadership and employees with passion.

Some great people with amazing talent. Some managers are very supportive and lead the way. The people and the work can be quite engaging when the market conditions are good. If market conditions are not good then it can be a tough place to be engaged.

Was a great place to work

Worked there for over 10 years. But was unfortunately laid off During my career, i learned to be independent, competent, and managed my time efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement