Cameco

Cameco Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
Great company, mediocre management culture.
Cameco survives on commodity pricing and hence vulnerable to the commodity specific market conditions. It is a fair employer and compensates fairly based on market conditions. Focuses on work life balance.
Safety is strictly implemented.
Going to field with proper PPE every. Daily safety meetings. Awareness to surrounding. Safety is strictly implemented. Superintendent are very knowledgeable. Urine test every week. New people and visitors all the time.
Hi
Great experience while I was there and can’t wait for them to reopen the mine. I worked there for 12 years and I absolutely love the people there was the best place to work.
Process was great
It was a great productive work place, I learned so much about pumps and I also met a lot of great people. The hardest part was leaving my babies and the enjoyable part was the gym, free food and the work was easy!
Project oriented
Excellent colleague environment.! Well organized electronic files, easy to find. Teamwork at a level professional. Collaborative management with agreed up on schedule and defined budget.
This company has wonderful people supporting the business. They are dedicated and very positive to work with. I highly recommend working for Cameco.
Everyone understands what is expected of them. Managers are keen with coaching and ensuring their employees are provided with the tools to be successful. They're open to continuous improvement suggestions, and if they buy-in to the value of your concept they implement your idea. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Cameco and would work for this community focused employer again if provided the opportunity,
Pleasant Experience, Nice People and Respectful Workplace
People work well together with great collaboration.
Very respectful culture. I feel safe there.

Great company to work for. I'm proud of being part of the team.
Productive and fun work place at Cameco
wake up at 5am go for breakfast. catch the bus to work start work at 6am have coffee and morning meeting. head out to work as the supervisor gives us our Dailey task.
Pros
free meals
Cons
working in the cold
Many opportunities to interac with the community and support various initiatives.
It is not to often that you get a job that you do not mind getting up for in the morning but this was one. A typical work day started at 6:30 am with shift cross over and then my shift started at 7:00 am. We always had a shift communication and safety meeting first and then employees were assigned to their position for the shift. The rest of my shift was spent doing various things like payroll and paperwork as well as looking after things on the floor.

Truly the best company I have ever worked for in my entire working career.
Dewatering lead
700 meters underground this was the best paying and most interesting job Ive ever had my job there was critical I was in charge of making sure the mine didnt flood and also was traned in mine rescue which was an AMAZING experience itself
Great work environment and team!
A typical day would consist of many audits and meetings for myself with the OHS team. I took on the role as their safety officer and was able to help the company succeed in their compliance to legislation by auditing each production area including asbestus removal. Re-writing many procedures and instructions and training the employees was a great asset to the company and having everyone work well together as a team was a big bonus!

On of the hardest parts of the job would have to be masking up to audit the production facility while in danger of HF fluid, and Uranium. Again, having a great team that works well together and understanding, these tasks were managed well.

Cameco PHCF is a respectable work place and a great team environment for any position in the company!

Here are some examples of the tasks I would do at Cameo PHCF:

- Interpret and enforce compliance to the company safety program and provincial occupational, health and safety regulations.

- Conduct safety orientations and training sessions.

- Schedule and conduct regular onsite safety meetings, audits and inspections.

- Identify hazardous work situations and take corrective action to remedy the situation.

- Administer the W.H.M.I.S. program.

- Post safety policies, bulletins and posters at job sites to support a safe work environment.

- Ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is used and used in a safe manner by trained

personnel.

- Lead the investigation of all personal injury and property damage accidents and near misses.

- Prepare incident reports and recommendations for corrective
 - more...
Good work place with friendly coworkers with excellent benefits and excellent care from the kitchen and housekeeping staff. The work schedule was 7 days in and 7 days off and we were flown in and out of the camp. The 7 days off gave us time to spend with family.
Great pockets of strong leadership and employees with passion.
Some great people with amazing talent. Some managers are very supportive and lead the way. The people and the work can be quite engaging when the market conditions are good. If market conditions are not good then it can be a tough place to be engaged.
Was a great place to work
Worked there for over 10 years. But was unfortunately laid off
During my career, i learned to be independent, competent, and managed my time efficiently.
great team
good work atmosphere. too many meetings sometimes though. The people were fantastic to work with and I have made many long term friendship with the people who worked there.
havent been working
they let me go because i was taking over the counter medication for a broken jaw line they didnt want to see me get hurt on the job site. .
Lots of things to do after work to relax fishing, group activities
Good place to work, encourage safety and the company follow through with it. Your opinion on the job is valued. No shortage of training. Good benifets package.
Pros
Clean working environment ( shop had great ventilation )
Cons
With a postive attitude there are none
Was a great place to work at one time
Back in this company's glory days, pre Fukushima, it was an excellent place to work. It is a far cry from that today. Gross mismangement from the top down drove this company into the ground. Unfortunately only the front line employees were affected in the end. Favoritism was pretty common and led to a disgruntled work force at times. It's very sad knowing what this company could have been with some better people in charge. Pay and benefits were tops in the industry. Although management were clueless most of the time, they were still friendly and approachable. Co-workers mostly all got along really well. Very safe place to work for the most part.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, week in/week out, camp accommodations
Cons
Management was clueless
god company to work for
Good work environment
good benefits

good work pace

work with other good tradesmen

good workload every shift

up to date training on everything you work on
Cameco holds it's employees to a high standard
I didn't realize this at the time but Cameco's dedication to following procedures and protocols is what i miss the most. The positions I've held after Cameco have all lacked that. The neatest part is seeing what happens; if employees don't fully understand their roles and/or the boundaries of those roles conflict and poor performance is the result. which is totally unnecessary.
Good workplace with great benefits
Overall a great place to work with a positive culture that rewards a strong work ethic and promotes change. Management works hard to keep their best people in hard times, and reward them in the good times. The hardest part of the job was being away from family during our field programs, but that was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues, job opportunities
Cons
Middle management, certain toxic people, stressful work