Cambridge Suites Hotel Employee Reviews

Great management, fun culture
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 September 2016
This position helped me develop my customer service skills. The job was challenging, but the management made sure to promote a fun work environment.
Great Place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2013
Good Benefits
Great Jobs
Nice Hotel
Great Guests
Great Rooms
Nice Fitness Centre
Co-workers create a family like atmosphere
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS1 February 2013
My day starts at 6:30 am, i pick up my cash and keys to open the restaurant and of coarse got to pick on the night audits and get some laughs in. I open the doors for 7am and greet the customers for breakfast along with my co-worker that arrives at the same time, waiting on tables and making sure our customers are happy and comfortable and continuing on into lunch , seating customers, serving food and beverages, taking care of customers bills, cleaning tables and doing our daily chores.

All of us that work at the Cambridge consider ourselves like one big family, we like to joke around, help one and other out when we can, even if it's a different department.

Management is very helpful when needed to discuss a matter or needing supplies or just directing us in the right direction, my manager is very easy going and also enjoys a good laugh or conversation, sometimes we forget she is a manager until she tells us to get back to work lol.

The best part of my job is the customers, interacting with them, finding out what part of the globe they are from and enjoying there stories.

Sometimes when we have five or six sports teams checking in all at once which can make for a hectic day but at the end of my shift i leave with a smile on my face because i know i did my job to my best ability.
Pros
two free nights stay a year
Cons
working 8 or 9 hrs on your feet and no break