CAMBRIDGE MILL Employee Review

View all CAMBRIDGE MILL reviews

Imo they only care about their bottom line.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 August 2018
It's a clique. It felt like if you're not a favourite you mean nothing to the management. They set you up for failure, don't train you very much, for example I received 2 or 3 training shifts and then I was on my own. They expected me to figure things out for myself and then got very upset when I made mistakes. They made me feel stupid for not knowing everything about everything. No compassion. Very punishment driven. They expected me to do my job and the job of the position above mine while paying me the same as the position below mine. They once told me that I would not receive any more training and every mistake I made would be a write up!!!

You don't get tips in the events department. Even though the bride and groom are required to pay a service charge on their wedding. Also no benefits or severance pay.

In one year alone I payed almost $400 on uniforms. All out of pocket. If your uniform gets stained or ripped during the course of your job you are required to pay for a new one.

Communication is very poor. For example they promoted a bartender to lead bartender without even informing the other bartenders that the position was available. Didn't even give any of them the opportunity to apply.

Some of the staff went to management once to ask for a security presence on the premises as they felt unsafe at work due to the proximity to Bridges and they were scoffed at. We were told that because we have multiple cameras on the premises that we were completely safe. This was shortly after the homeless man broke into the Mill and had a police standoff.

All of the events
  more... department positions are part time and primarily on weekends

Overall I think the Mill looks glamourous and successful on the outside but they don't care about their employees and I'm my opinion that is the real measure of a companies success.

Other CAMBRIDGE MILL Employee Reviews

Scared to go into work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 May 2019
Every time I had a shift at the Cambridge Mill it would give me anxiety because there was a high likely-hood that management would get upset with you. The general manager was unapproachable and would talk inappropriately about guests and other employees.
A great experience
Maitre D’ (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Mill18 January 2019
I loved my time working for Pearle - the team was a tightly knit family and our management was always available to talk when needed. Work life balance is always a struggle working in hospitality but I genuinely feel like I was able to keep up with my personal life outside of work - minus working holidays which again is part of the job.
Pros
Staff meals, fun team, flexible availability
Cons
Holidays you worked