CAMBRIDGE MILL Employee Review

View all CAMBRIDGE MILL reviews

Rose coloured glasses
server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2018
Don't walk, run. Not only is this property specifically horrible to work for the problems, but disappointment and lies carry throughout multiple properties Pearle Hospitality is affiliated with.

They paint a pretty picture for you during your interview but soon you'll find out that was all an act to get you through the doors. They offered me a ”higher wage” due to my experiences but once I received my pay I slowly started to find ”mistakes on accounting end” they called it. I had 2-3 hours deducted from every other shift, breaks that I never took, a $300 uniform I never received throughout my entire time working for this company. They kept my vacation pay, tips and way too much of my time. Myself and other staff were expected to work 12 - 14-hour shifts with one unpaid 30-minute break but never guaranteed.

The building is disgusting. They lack of support from upper management is concerning. Not only were they extremely unapproachable they were clicky and it felt like I was back in high school.

I would never recommend this company of this property to work to anyone.

Other CAMBRIDGE MILL Employee Reviews

Scared to go into work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 May 2019
Every time I had a shift at the Cambridge Mill it would give me anxiety because there was a high likely-hood that management would get upset with you. The general manager was unapproachable and would talk inappropriately about guests and other employees.
A great experience
Maitre D’ (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Mill18 January 2019
I loved my time working for Pearle - the team was a tightly knit family and our management was always available to talk when needed. Work life balance is always a struggle working in hospitality but I genuinely feel like I was able to keep up with my personal life outside of work - minus working holidays which again is part of the job.
Pros
Staff meals, fun team, flexible availability
Cons
Holidays you worked