CAMBRIDGE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Clerks - Overworked/Stressed & Management - TERRIBLE
NA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 July 2018
Diagnostic Imaging MRI Technicians:
Some are amazing but there are specifically very RUDE technicians there who feel they need to control and undermind their clerical staff.

Mgmt:
Expects efficiency ++ but will not allow additional training for the clerks when requested.

Too many Clerks for one Dept. There are 3 clerks and are now looking for another? Why does one Department need 4 Clerks? Think about it...They want the money to stay in their pockets instead of hiring a full time clerk for evenings.

Clerical Staff
Too burnt out and overworked. Stressed ++ The day clerk is amazing and trains the clerical staff however, too many clerks in the department. Too many hands in the pot. Requisitions go missing etc.
Repeating work tasks too much and wastes time.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital - Volunteer Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 June 2018
While working at the hospital, I found all staff and volunteers to be empathetic, helpful, bright and funny in the off moments, I knew it was exactly the environment I wanted to work in, Thus, I completed the education required to switch from volunteer to employee and am now seeking such employment.

I can't say enough positive things about Cambridge Memorial Hospital. They truly are the caring, team members who work hard to make patients' care as easy and painless as possible.
Pros
Learning from Clerks
Cons
Nil
Great team members and supportive manager
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  mental health.3 June 2018
Its an awesome place to work. management is supportive, staff respect each other. There is continuous education support and opportunities. The new ultra modern building is the star of the community and its surroundings.
Great Staff
Medical device reprocessing technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 May 2018
Really amazing and fun people to work with. Hospital also is involved with the Hoopp Pension program. Management cares and supports their staff. Great employee perks:)
Not enough working hours
Patient Porter/Distribution Staff member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 April 2018
Its a fast paced job which keeps you busy!
As well the people work as a team, and are enjoyable when helping patients. Could use more working hours as a part-time employee.
Great Company to Work for
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 April 2018
Amazing hospital to work for! The people are friendly, the environment is motivating and the feeling of involvement are present! Management takes care of their staff and everyone works together as a team.
A good place to work
Student RPN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 February 2018
I was be able to learn a lot from other experienced nurses who were willing to help and answer questions. The environment and the job culture help to realize I chose the right career to pursue.
Great Co-op Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with kind and patient receptionists that helped me learn more about the work they do everyday at the hospital. Since it was a co-op experience, I did not get paid so it allowed me to understand how its like to be a volunteer at a hospital and it gave me many opportunities to learn.
A great place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 November 2017
CMH is a great place to work. Management is constantly making efforts to improve patient and staff experience. Management has transformed this hospital according to this hospital's mission and vision statement.Most of the staff at the hospital is hardworking and take pride in their work.
Gossip and Inappropriate conduct.
Clerical supervisor (Former Employee) –  700 Coronation Blvd25 November 2017
As someone who was in a management level, I for one would not recommend someone working here. I loved my front line staff. But management would often burn them out and continuously go into overtime to keep staffing levels to a bare minimum. The constant arguments with unions and wasteful spending to make the hospital unique from others.
Fun workplace people are generally respectful of students
Preceptorship Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 September 2017
need work on trusting students and letting them do some work instead of taking over tasks,
cambridge is a nice place and people are generally great people
i prefer this hospital over the ones in toronto
Very stressful career which led to several issues
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 September 2017
Very stressful physically and mentally both on medical and surgical floors.which eventually led me to retire from nursing.

Management was OK, but not always easy to approach.
Was her as a student
Registered Practical Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 August 2017
Was at this hospital as a student learning. Very good experience as a result of my teacher for the clinical placement. Appeared to be an older hospital.
Great Management Team
RN (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 July 2017
Wonderful place, terrific management team and great staff. Great working enviroment with really supportive upper management team. Highly recommend for those wanting to work in a community hosptial.
Management doesn't support employee.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 October 2016
Staff unhappy due to ineffective management that doesn't know how to deal with difficult staff. Never hear a positive comment from management only negative. More work with less staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bullying in dept and management does nothing
Team Atmosphere ICU 10 bed unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 February 2016
Our days are busy and filled with interesting cases as we are smaller city hospital so in a way it is a benefit to us the staff, as we are always having to learn new techniques and methods of direct patient care. I work with a wonderful group of staff members and we are always laughing and making up our own fun especially when we are extremely busy with heavy loads. Budgets are always the fore most on every companies agenda and hospitals are no different. Therefore learning to adapt for clients' best interests gives myself and the rest of the staff I work with great satisfaction. At times though, budget restraints (and cuts), can be extremely frustrating. Being a front line health care giver I have been fortunate to have learned many additional skills other than direct nursing care.
Pros
Great team members
Rewarding atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 July 2014
As a volunteer, it gives me tremendous satisfaction in assisting patients in their time of need. It is a challenging yet rewarding role.
File clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 November 2013
My day was spent cleaning up back logs of files, doing Quality Analysis, lifting heavy boxes and charts
Why I loved it
Supervisor Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 October 2013
Loved the people who worked there. The unfortunate part is the CEO had no clue and nearly bankrupted the Hospital. Best place I ever worked at.
Pros
Exciting, new challenges, different people everyday, part of the community
Cons
Unionized.
Enjoyed serving the patients in the Hospital
Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge ont27 March 2013
My day would be cooking Lunch and Dinner for the patients also ordering food any other duties assigned by Manager
How to prepare food and distribute it more efficiently
My Co-Workers are very reliable and a pleasure to work with
Preparing the hot food, and assuring reaches the patients on a timely matter
Pleasing the Customer
Pros
working in a friendly enviorment
Cons
being la-off