Cambridge Memorial Hospital

Cambridge Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews

patientstaffplacegoodpeoplemanagementdaypay

good place to work

can be stressful at times but it is a hospital after all. lots of positions open up, have the ability to move around, union environment pay is okay, could be better

Toxic

No room for advancement. Toxic environment with no work life balance. I can only speak about 1 department. No equality for Union because it is not written in the contract.

Insights into Cambridge Memorial Hospital

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Management has treated me well! I have no issues with them.

Depending on the job it can be quite hectic, but overall is a great place to work.Workplace culture is good.I’ve had a great experience working here, the only thing that I find weird is the fact that Seniority is calculated by hours work instead of employee start date. ( I think this should be changed in my opinion) My overall work experience has been great!!

Yes it is fast paced. Yes there’s lots to do. Yes the people who work there are great to work with. But the day flies by and there’s always a sense of accomplishment when it’s over

Pros

Never bored

Cons

Change happens often

Short staffed, under-appreciated, low pay

Doing more with less resources. Short staffed. Low pay for the amount of skills/tasks you do every day. Low moral amongst staff. No appreciation for nurses from other healthcare professionals, patients, etc.

Productive and nice place to work. It can get fast paced a lot of time.

Loved working here. The benefits are great. Loved working when I can choose my own hours. They value your performance and reimburse accordingly. Had a great manager and supervisor to work with.

Fun place to work

I recommend the hospital if you have a passion to help others. Very friendly environment Easy instructions to follow and lots of support from staff and colleagues

Overall major discrimination/lack of ethics

Turned their back on their dedicated staff and dismissed them like garbage for standing up for bodily autonomy and informed consent. The two most important things in healthcare. Very heartbreaking to see nurses and other staff of over 20 years service treated this way.

Good place to start as a new graduate

Good place to work as a new graduate to start up your career. Always a staff shortage. Management is helpful and the colleagues are also very hel but it all depends on which unit you are

Good workplace. Good benefits Poor interdepartmental communication

Great work. Good benefits. Good relationships with fellow employees. Lack of trust between departments. Week management in some areas of the hospital.

Pros

Friendships

Cons

Lack of trust between departments

Energize atmosphere, teamwork, great hours, learning environment.

Overall my time at Cambridge hospital was a learning experience, co-worker's were there for you when needed, however some made it hard to get to know them in a work capacity.

Good people, low pay for trades.

Good place to work if you want job stability, people are nice and managers are easy to get along with. The pay for trades is low though and the union is useless, just there to collect their dues.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Low pay for trades

Great coworkers!

The coworkers and the people make working here worth it. Most people are awesome here. However more organization required in many departments. Overall good place to work

Pros

Great people

Cons

Stressful environment

Ok work once you get the hang of it. Terrible scheduling.

Fairly straightforward work but can get busy. Sometimes it feels like you are not respected by a lot of the other staff around the hospital (nurses, doctors, tech's). Scheduling was awful, you can get full time hours if you have no life outside of work but your schedule will be all over the place. They will book you for a day or 2 per week and then call you every day asking you to come in (I did not apply for an on-call job). It was not uncommon to be understaffed, I don't understand why there were always shifts to call in for while simultaneously not getting hours scheduled.

you are just a number

you are just a number, management doesnt respond to your emails or accommodate in anyway. you work short always and are never valued. your words are useless as they have deaf ears. They are dont listen to any staff and are unwilling to change anything. there are some doctors who were very dismissive of the nurses .

Pros

Have lazy young nurses and good old nurses

H.R rep will fired long term workers over the phone and put them on speaker phone.There is no compasion there for workers.Will not recommend to stay long they do not care about long term care workers,management very unfeeling to staff and their families.No team work in nursing there it does not exist.New nurses very lazy like to taxt more then helping their co worker.Stresful place to work,do not work at cmh you will regret

Pros

Good pay

Cons

mangement very stressful always down your back

Do it for rhe pay only

The environment is full of very unhappy spiteful people. The job is physically demanding at times and people look down at us. If you ever wonder where the mean people from high school work it's here... And no I'm not joking.

Pros

Pays is good

Cons

Coworkers are not helpful and very nasty

I had excellent co-workers. People I will never forget.

I was able to learn much on the job, CMH afforded that atmosphere. The ICU was busy and for the most part rewarding. There were many changes within the management therefore sometimes it was unbalanced, however my co-workers made up for the disruptions most of the time. The staff is what makes this company a worthwhile workplace.

Pros

Excellent opportunities to learn on site.

Cons

Sometimes upper management was too top heavy.

Too much office politics but that is typical.

There is poor communication between departments in some aspects. For example in case of having an unscheduled day off the message is not relayed to the appropriate peoplr.Otherwise the pay and benefits are good.

Pros

Regular schedule and no overtime in last few years. Fairly good pay, benefits and paid vacation.

Cons

Poor interdepartmental communication.

Good place to work at

Very pleased with work at Cambridge. Staff is very nice. Nothing is easy when it comes to elderly care but patients at Cambridge are semi assistance. There is high fall risk of residents in condos. Facility is big and you need to run between 3 buildings. Night shift is the best to work. Quiet

Pros

Residents are very pleasant people to work with

Cons

Low pay

Good pleace to work

typical hospital working environment. no concerns. i enjoy going to work on my day to day. easy commute to and from. pays as per union regulations. i enjoy it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement