Cambridge Memorial Hospital

Cambridge Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Good pleace to work
typical hospital working environment. no concerns. i enjoy going to work on my day to day. easy commute to and from. pays as per union regulations. i enjoy it.
Good place to work at
Very pleased with work at Cambridge. Staff is very nice. Nothing is easy when it comes to elderly care but patients at Cambridge are semi assistance. There is high fall risk of residents in condos. Facility is big and you need to run between 3 buildings. Night shift is the best to work. Quiet
Pros
Residents are very pleasant people to work with
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced hospital environment
Great job for those who like a fast paced multi-tasking job. Great benefits with good working conditions. Lots of interaction with staff (i.e. doctors,nurses, triage, ER, management)
Miserable
Decent pay

Too many office dwellers

Culture is miserable

Some great staff

Could really do without the godly RN mentality

Really good education team
good productive position
interesting job

good pension plan

would like more vaca time

more flexibility in work hours

able to have variety in day to day work

helpful coworkers
Worst ever
Management treats you badly, bullying is shoved under the rug and ignored and for a hospital they are not very caring about their own employees getting sick, favoritism runs rampant here, the worst place I've ever worked, no redeeming qualities at all, hours are a joke, employee is parking is terrible
Out with the old, In with the new!!
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), Is a fine example of how a hospital can work so hard toward building a better future for Cambridge Ontario, despite every road block... CMH has a bright future ahead and will always be the place I call home, as long as they will have me...

Murse RPN at CMH... ➕
Pros
Moving into a bigger and better future!!
Cons
Under construction, without an completion date in sight...
excellent deliver of the care of patients
Varied shifts, emphasized patient care with family involvement in all aspects of their stay. Comprehensive discharge options supported by staff. Departments work well together
Enjoy working at hospital
Get used to working all shifts required as cleaner. Have to be available for call in shifts being part time cleaner.
Good working at hospital you can advance to other positions if you have experience.
Great
A lot to learn from being around experienced people. I enjoyed my time there and learned many things. It is expanding very quickly which mean more opportunities to learn.
great place to work
This is one of my fav places to work. There is an issue with a colleague but the work place has made steps to resolve it. overall, wonderful place to work at
Pretty good place to work
Overall one of the better hospitals I've worked at in terms of culture. Of course it depends on your direct coworkers, but in general everyone is friendly. Salary for someone in my position is far below the standard, but the union is working on that. Management is pretty good. Work/life balance can be tricky because they expect you to commit to them without guaranteeing you any hours, so you're almost forced to get another part time job.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
No guaranteed hours for part timers
This was 30 years ago
this was my first job 40 years ago, the hours were great, people were great. I didn't like having to pay for parking to work at a place. No special treatment for employees
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Had to Pay for parking
Great place to start, not to grow
Although my experience on a year contract was fantastic with a great leader, there is some leadership shortfalls at the higher levels. Little room to grow.
Materials Manager
Loved the job and the people but the politics in this atmosphere and the union make it difficult to be a Manager. The inmates run the asylum there. If you can get past that its a good place
Productive and fun environment
A typical day at the Cambridge Memorial Hospital looks like helping visitors and patients find where they are needing to go, opening doors for elders, and locking up when the shift is over. The hardest part of the volunteering was keeping myself from getting sick, and the easiest part of the volunteering was interacting with visitors.
Pros
interacting with visitors and patients
Cons
getting sick
Clerks - Overworked/Stressed & Management - TERRIBLE
Diagnostic Imaging MRI Technicians:
Some are amazing but there are specifically very RUDE technicians there who feel they need to control and undermind their clerical staff.

Mgmt:

Expects efficiency ++ but will not allow additional training for the clerks when requested.

Too many Clerks for one Dept. There are 3 clerks and are now looking for another? Why does one Department need 4 Clerks? Think about it...They want the money to stay in their pockets instead of hiring a full time clerk for evenings.

Clerical Staff

Too burnt out and overworked. Stressed ++ The day clerk is amazing and trains the clerical staff however, too many clerks in the department. Too many hands in the pot. Requisitions go missing etc.

Repeating work tasks too much and wastes time.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital - Volunteer Receptionist
While working at the hospital, I found all staff and volunteers to be empathetic, helpful, bright and funny in the off moments, I knew it was exactly the environment I wanted to work in, Thus, I completed the education required to switch from volunteer to employee and am now seeking such employment.

I can't say enough positive things about Cambridge Memorial Hospital. They truly are the caring, team members who work hard to make patients' care as easy and painless as possible.
Pros
Learning from Clerks
Cons
Nil
Great Staff
Really amazing and fun people to work with. Hospital also is involved with the Hoopp Pension program. Management cares and supports their staff. Great employee perks:)
Not enough working hours
Its a fast paced job which keeps you busy!
As well the people work as a team, and are enjoyable when helping patients. Could use more working hours as a part-time employee.
Great Company to Work for
Amazing hospital to work for! The people are friendly, the environment is motivating and the feeling of involvement are present! Management takes care of their staff and everyone works together as a team.