Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory

Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
I was let go due to the fact that I was unable to work the amount of hours they felt a part-time student should work. They literally had me train the girl they fired me for.

One of the managers was particularly unpleasant and spoke to everyone like they were idiots (particularly if they were females who showed no interest in her son)
Pros
Good workers, amazing discounts at other attractions, great pay
Cons
Too many managers who have insecurity issues and they all spend time justifying their jobs. For such a small place, even the managers have managers. They have time to micro-manage because there are so many managers with lots of time on their hands. You need permission to do the smallest thing. No one is empowered and heaven forbid if you take initiative. The top manager will literally stand over your shoulder and comment on your work. It's a very controlling atmosphere that all comes from the top down.

The only upside is that it was close to where I used to live.
Pros
Some nice staff members
Cons
Micro-managers
Great workplace with even better people and a large oppurtunity for learning. Great vegetable garden and herb garden. Fun staff events
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7