CAMBRIAN CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive work environment.
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2019
Cambrian is a good place to work, they provide a decent salary, good benefits and satisfactory time off. I would recommend working here, the hours are great and the staff is wonderful.
4 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We take pride knowing our employees recommend their place of work.

Great experience for gaining banking experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2019
Overall a solid entry level start to any one looking to build a career in banking. Great people at the branches that really take care of their members.
9 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience as a Cambrian employee. It’s important to us that we provide our branch staff with the opportunity to gain experience in the financial services industry, and that staff receive the training needed to provide our members with an excellent customer service experience.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

Csr
CSR (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 July 2019
I started in the retail section (branch) then moved to virtual banking. My training was well done in the retail section. My branch supervisor was amazing, I really liked her, she was a nice person. I must say they took a chance hiring me for the virtual banking department (Achieva) as I did not have the required "time in" (2 years as opposed to 3 months). Steep learning curve and the supervisors' behavior was erratic at best....you never knew what you were walking into daily. It was difficult to get time off, even for a doctor's appointment. Was going to go back to the retail section but thankfully found another job outside the industry. My co-workers were not the most patient either....miserable middle aged women sticking around for their pensions. Don't know what it's like now...my advice-start in the branch first and get a feel for the organization. I do want to add that the HR department was stellar and very understanding. My experience was that they really do care about their employees and morale. As in any workplace there's always one or two that think they are better, smarter and are afraid of new talent..when people are new give them a chance a don't be so impatient....there's a lot to learn....just sayin...
31 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were pleased to hear your positive comments about your branch supervisor and our HR department, and ensuring our employees work in a positive, and healthy environment is always a priority at Cambrian. We would like to hear more about your challenges getting time off, so please call us at 204-925-2600 and ask to speak with someone in our HR department. Have a great day.

Good
CCA (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2019
I must say it’s a good company. It’s just unfortunate that my manager is suffering from superiority complex. She doesn’t listen to suggestions and always think she’s right. They’re under going modernization but they are still using fax.
Great employer!
FSO (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2019
I have been really impressed by the entire company. They really do put employees first and it shows by all of the program and events they have in place. They have a lot of long tenured employees which shows that they have low turnover. Lots of programs to further develop my career. My manager even sat down with me to create a career path.
The CEO is amazing. He knows everyone by name!!
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities to learn, career path, volunteering, holiday parties, service award ceremony, perks and gifts
Cons
Sometimes working on saturdays
close knit and helpful work environment
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Canada5 September 2018
Good workplace environment, with numerous perks and incentives in the job.
Good network of work employees.
Well organised and good communication.
Good working hours and salary
Pros
had good work activities to keep employees engaged
Cons
employment was contract based and couldn't stay longer
Decent place to work
Branch Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
Each day was very different. Somedays extremely busy with serving customers other days not much to do. Lots of room to advance in the company when starting as a teller
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
This is a great environment to work at while going to school and gaining experience in the financial industry. The staff is very friendly and the credit union on it's own helps motivate you to gain more knowledge in the work force.
Pros
The best CEO
Cons
lunch schedules
Good Benefits & Team Environment
Front end (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
Business is well established, allows you to be able to advance or learn new jobs within the company. Benefits are good and there is a pension plan for staff to join