CAMBRIAN COLLEGE

CAMBRIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

Good workplace

Very friendly colleagues and administrationTeaching-based job (enjoyable)Perfection-oriented cultureIT helpdesk skills and treatment needs improvement

When you begin a career at Cambrian College, you have the opportunity to move to other departments and to advance. If you teach, you can teach in several departments or in just one. If you are support staff, you can move around to get valued experience in other areas. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with students. It is an honour to be able to help people to learn, study, take tests, do placement work, etc. Cambrian WANTS students to suceed! They value student success. Cambrian College also values its employees. They have great benefit packages which includes PROACTIVE things to help with work stress such as massage therapy. The campus has a highly successful wellness program to help students and staff.

Pros

No weekend work; 8:30-4:30 for support staff; great benefits

Cons

Some management needs to be trained to deal with conflict

fun workplace

It was a volunteer opportunity I couldn't miss on. It has a fun environment. I got to meet new people. Everyone was lovely and the introduction on what I had to do was clear

Pros

fun workplace

Excellent workplace

Cambrian College is a good employer and the environment is unionized. Your coworkers are pleasant and easy to deal with. Overall I recommend the college for anybody.

Good

Amazing college with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. The support is great and you have the liberty to fulfill your ideas. Great team and collaborations.

Great Learning experience

got to have hands-on experience that I never thought I would receive at a part-time job. Getting to work with a large team on a technical writing project has been fun.

Nice place to work

There is no stress here. Rather relieving others from stress of studies and helping them, it is really good experience for me. And I learnt a lot working here.

Learned how to tackle different situations

The management in Cambrian College is good. They explain each and everything in detail and in proper manner. The hardest part of the job is to tackle difficult situations and queries of customers.

Good work environment

Overall good work environment but management was not the most supportive. In my position there was a lot of overtime expected with minimal rewards to compensate.

Easy going, relaxed, fulfilling.

Tutoring at Cambrian was fun. As a student it gave me unlimited flexibility in making my own tutoring schedules and I was never pressured to take on more or less then what I decided to take on. I could take on students as I pleased and was never asked to meet any specific demands aside from professionalism when tutoring.

Enjoyed my time there

Great people to work with. Learned and developed my IT skills. Worked on different projects. Always challenging work. Difficult deadlines to meet, priorities changed on a daily basis.

Fun and easy

very calm, great staff, flexible hours for students or someone with two jobs easy work, if youre a people person this job is for you as you work with diverse groups

Clinical instructor

I have worked for the college on a contract basis since 2013 and they are great to work for.

Cons

When the contract ends!

Student Job: Ok schedule, limited hours of work per week.

I worked for the college for a student position. It was nice that they worked around you school schedule, but you were limited to 15 hrs of work per work at minimum wage.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

limited hours

Few contracts

Not willing to attach a title to the job or offer job security. Contracts were far and few between. Communications often lacking, receiving it day of.

Great place to work part time

A productive fun place to work, Staff is very helpful, always make you feel welcomed and always available for questions or concerns Very professional setting

Great place to work part time

Great an flexible work enviornment if you enjoy teaching. Many are international students so there are challenges there. Most studnets not really there to learn but it is rewarding when they do understand something new.

Pros

lunches, flexibility, good staff

Cons

low job security

Productive and fun

Team work with support of all employee, well understanding for employee's need, perfect knowledgeable management, a lot of training provided, work within dead line for long hours, events is the most enjoyable part, and access for a library full of high value books for reading

Pros

Free lunch and gifts

Cons

Long Hours

Nice place

It was a good place to work. Great benefits. I enjoyed helping those who needed it. It could be frustrating at times due to lack of support from upper levels.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of support

Student

Great place to work as a student! They worked around my very heavy table and I was allowed to pick up hours when they were available! There was lunches and little thank you things for all our hard work too!

Pros

supportive

Very basic

It was a lab monitor job Even after explaining the hours and days, you really deal with some low knowledge people Seems the smarter people finish 90% of their work in class so they dont have to come in later on, on weekends or nights Felt everyone was stretching the rules so they could get closer to their max for hours there by stealing hours away from you. Many of the questions I answered made me not want to be a teacher or anything like that

Pros

Looks good on resume

Cons

Have to drop everything to help people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBRIAN COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3