CAMBRIAN COLLEGE

CAMBRIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
When you begin a career at Cambrian College, you have the opportunity to move to other departments and to advance. If you teach, you can teach in several departments or in just one. If you are support staff, you can move around to get valued experience in other areas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with students. It is an honour to be able to help people to learn, study, take tests, do placement work, etc. Cambrian WANTS students to suceed! They value student success.

Cambrian College also values its employees. They have great benefit packages which includes PROACTIVE things to help with work stress such as massage therapy. The campus has a highly successful wellness program to help students and staff.
Pros
No weekend work; 8:30-4:30 for support staff; great benefits
Cons
Some management needs to be trained to deal with conflict
It was a volunteer opportunity I couldn't miss on. It has a fun environment. I got to meet new people. Everyone was lovely and the introduction on what I had to do was clear
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
Cambrian College is a good employer and the environment is unionized. Your coworkers are pleasant and easy to deal with. Overall I recommend the college for anybody.
Amazing college with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. The support is great and you have the liberty to fulfill your ideas. Great team and collaborations.
got to have hands-on experience that I never thought I would receive at a part-time job. Getting to work with a large team on a technical writing project has been fun.
There is no stress here. Rather relieving others from stress of studies and helping them, it is really good experience for me. And I learnt a lot working here.
The management in Cambrian College is good. They explain each and everything in detail and in proper manner. The hardest part of the job is to tackle difficult situations and queries of customers.
Overall good work environment but management was not the most supportive. In my position there was a lot of overtime expected with minimal rewards to compensate.
Tutoring at Cambrian was fun. As a student it gave me unlimited flexibility in making my own tutoring schedules and I was never pressured to take on more or less then what I decided to take on. I could take on students as I pleased and was never asked to meet any specific demands aside from professionalism when tutoring.
Great people to work with. Learned and developed my IT skills. Worked on different projects. Always challenging work.
Difficult deadlines to meet, priorities changed on a daily basis.
very calm, great staff, flexible hours for students or someone with two jobs
easy work, if youre a people person this job is for you as you work with diverse groups
I have worked for the college on a contract basis since 2013 and they are great to work for.
Cons
When the contract ends!
I worked for the college for a student position. It was nice that they worked around you school schedule, but you were limited to 15 hrs of work per work at minimum wage.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
limited hours
Not willing to attach a title to the job or offer job security. Contracts were far and few between. Communications often lacking, receiving it day of.
A productive fun place to work,
Staff is very helpful, always make you feel welcomed and always available for questions or concerns

Very professional setting
Great an flexible work enviornment if you enjoy teaching. Many are international students so there are challenges there. Most studnets not really there to learn but it is rewarding when they do understand something new.
Pros
lunches, flexibility, good staff
Cons
low job security
Team work with support of all employee, well understanding for employee's need, perfect knowledgeable management, a lot of training provided, work within dead line for long hours, events is the most enjoyable part, and access for a library full of high value books for reading
Pros
Free lunch and gifts
Cons
Long Hours
It was a good place to work. Great benefits. I enjoyed helping those who needed it. It could be frustrating at times due to lack of support from upper levels.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support
Great place to work as a student! They worked around my very heavy table and I was allowed to pick up hours when they were available! There was lunches and little thank you things for all our hard work too!
Pros
supportive
It was a lab monitor job

Even after explaining the hours and days, you really deal with some low knowledge people

Seems the smarter people finish 90% of their work in class so they dont have to come in later on, on weekends or nights

Felt everyone was stretching the rules so they could get closer to their max for hours

there by stealing hours away from you.

Many of the questions I answered made me not want to be a teacher or anything like that
Pros
Looks good on resume
Cons
Have to drop everything to help people
I did technical support for internal employees at BMO. I provided assistant when the users PC, or any other IT device stop functioning.
Received password resets for Bank approved software.
Pros
Learned how to deal with upset people
Cons
Sat at a desk all day