CAMBRIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

my dept was dreadful - manager horrible
English Academic Program Instructor & Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario19 June 2018
Management was the worst I have ever been subjected to at any workplace. Other Depts were fine, other managers fine. Not sure what else I can say except that Ive never been treated so poorly at a workplace as by that person.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible manager
Very basic
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 May 2018
It was a lab monitor job

Even after explaining the hours and days, you really deal with some low knowledge people

Seems the smarter people finish 90% of their work in class so they dont have to come in later on, on weekends or nights

Felt everyone was stretching the rules so they could get closer to their max for hours

there by stealing hours away from you.

Many of the questions I answered made me not want to be a teacher or anything like that
Pros
Looks good on resume
Cons
Have to drop everything to help people
Help Desk Technician
Student Heavy Duty Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 April 2018
I did technical support for internal employees at BMO. I provided assistant when the users PC, or any other IT device stop functioning.
Received password resets for Bank approved software.
Pros
Learned how to deal with upset people
Cons
Sat at a desk all day
Productive fun place to work
Carpentry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2018
productive fun place to work
staff is very helpful
very professional setting
always made to feel welcomed
available for questions or concerns
very beautiful atmosphere
Illuminating Experience
Student Liaison & Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 February 2018
Cambrian College Staff was both informative, supportive and strove to ensure the best experience for staff and students. I was capable of experiencing many aspects of the learning experience I was exposed to while performing student liason activities.
Delivering what I commit
Director of International Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 February 2018
Delivering what I commit is my strong asset and leadership skill. Doing accurate workforce management with identical approach makes me thrive for more. Being honest with humility is what my faith teaches me. Perseverance and patience pushes me to grow well within workplace and improves my work ethics every second.
Awesom place
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 January 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked! Such a great environment the people are so nice and want to see everyone achieve their goals. The boss is very understand and makes you want to work hard.
Pros
chill atmosphere
Cons
long days
So far, my better experience in Canada
Cambrian International office assistant (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 January 2018
Cambrian College give me the tools to succeed in my student life and in my carrer. I really enjoy to be part of this institution. Cambrian College is a solid reference in the educational system in Northern Ontario.
Pros
Good organizational culture
the education enviroment was great
House Keeping TFEE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 May 2017
I like working a the college and would love to again. It is a shame that there was a change in supervisors well I was there and I had no authority or decision-making ability in the student position.
Pros
the people in the company and the pay
Cons
change in managment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 April 2017
I absolutely loved working at Cambrian! All the staff is extremely kind and supportive and it was really fun interacting with the students on a daily basis.
Planning and organizing practices and game strategies
Women's Basketball Interim Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 April 2017
A typical day would require developing practice plans according to the opponents we were facing that week. I learned that being in a Varsity atmosphere as a coach requires the development and skill of the sport but it is as important to teach hard work and team work not only on the basketball court but in life as well. Management was great. Atmosphere was great. Hardest part was changing the culture of the team. Most enjoyable part was teaching the game that I love.
Pros
playing basketball
Cons
time consuming
Ok job
Business and Information Technology Professor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 January 2016
Long hours for pay ratio if you're not full time. As a part-time instructor you did not get paid for marking, prep-time, just lecture hours. So basically you'll be making $2-$7 an hour depending on how efficient you are!
Pros
Good supplies
Cons
Pay is low
Simple, easy process
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2016
It was very easy to communicate with the school, and to set up new clients. I was required to contact clients on my own time, but the payment for the hours submitted at the end of the pay period were quickly confirmed and money was quickly transferred.
Productive and fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2015
Awesome environment, and a fun place to work. I love interacting with the students and staff and being involved with all the events around the college.
You must be willing to put the time in for the students
Professor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 August 2015
I enjoy working with young eager minds. The fitness facilities at work, are a good way to fit in your exercise with classes and a fully functional gym facility for a very reasonable price. As a part timer you initially have to put in a great deal of time to set up your courses but once you have a few years under your belt it tends to be quite manageable.
Pros
Gym facilities
Cons
Full time positions aren't very attainable
Productive and fun place to work
Web Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 June 2015
Excellent experience for students
Diverse work culture
Good management and co-workers
Good place to learn and gain skills
Good company with great working atmosphere.
Associate Director for Student Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Hanson International Academy. I will miss all of my co-workers, students that I interacted with and provided services too. I learned how to project plan, time manage, be a good leader, conflict management, and provide excellent customer service.
Productive and fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 July 2014
For this job I get to work at numerous places within the northern ontario region. This job entails me to talk to people and pose as a branding oppertunity for Cambrian College. I go to events and represent Cambrian and promote the Lil' Big Rig. I am outside usually for 8 hours or more and it is mostly weekends. The hardest part of this job though is avoiding getting sun burnt! My favourite part of this job is getting to interact with many people of all ages.
Pros
paid breaks, free lunch
Cons
rain or shine
working while at school
Co-op Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 April 2014
Good experience while going to school had some practical experience in a school setting
Pros
lots of teaching
Cons
High energy environment,motivation and productivity
Business Development - Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 December 2013
Wonderful place of work however looking to move on to new avenues and experiences.