CAMBRIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great place to work part time
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
Great an flexible work enviornment if you enjoy teaching. Many are international students so there are challenges there. Most studnets not really there to learn but it is rewarding when they do understand something new.
Pros
lunches, flexibility, good staff
Cons
low job security
Productive and fun
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 September 2018
Team work with support of all employee, well understanding for employee's need, perfect knowledgeable management, a lot of training provided, work within dead line for long hours, events is the most enjoyable part, and access for a library full of high value books for reading
Pros
Free lunch and gifts
Cons
Long Hours
Nice place
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 September 2018
It was a good place to work. Great benefits. I enjoyed helping those who needed it. It could be frustrating at times due to lack of support from upper levels.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support
Student
STUDENT PROCTOR (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON9 September 2018
Great place to work as a student! They worked around my very heavy table and I was allowed to pick up hours when they were available! There was lunches and little thank you things for all our hard work too!
Pros
supportive
Very basic
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 May 2018
It was a lab monitor job

Even after explaining the hours and days, you really deal with some low knowledge people

Seems the smarter people finish 90% of their work in class so they dont have to come in later on, on weekends or nights

Felt everyone was stretching the rules so they could get closer to their max for hours

there by stealing hours away from you.

Many of the questions I answered made me not want to be a teacher or anything like that
Pros
Looks good on resume
Cons
Have to drop everything to help people
Help Desk Technician
Student Heavy Duty Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 April 2018
I did technical support for internal employees at BMO. I provided assistant when the users PC, or any other IT device stop functioning.
Received password resets for Bank approved software.
Pros
Learned how to deal with upset people
Cons
Sat at a desk all day
Fun to work
kitchen cook (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 April 2018
The management is fantastic and very positive work environment to work. Treats all the employees equally and during school the management shows great help by providing enough time for studies.
Productive fun place to work
Carpentry Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2018
productive fun place to work
staff is very helpful
very professional setting
always made to feel welcomed
available for questions or concerns
very beautiful atmosphere
Illuminating Experience
Student Liaison & Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 February 2018
Cambrian College Staff was both informative, supportive and strove to ensure the best experience for staff and students. I was capable of experiencing many aspects of the learning experience I was exposed to while performing student liason activities.
Delivering what I commit
Director of International Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 February 2018
Delivering what I commit is my strong asset and leadership skill. Doing accurate workforce management with identical approach makes me thrive for more. Being honest with humility is what my faith teaches me. Perseverance and patience pushes me to grow well within workplace and improves my work ethics every second.
Awesom place
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 January 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked! Such a great environment the people are so nice and want to see everyone achieve their goals. The boss is very understand and makes you want to work hard.
Pros
chill atmosphere
Cons
long days
So far, my better experience in Canada
Cambrian International office assistant (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 January 2018
Cambrian College give me the tools to succeed in my student life and in my carrer. I really enjoy to be part of this institution. Cambrian College is a solid reference in the educational system in Northern Ontario.
Pros
Good organizational culture
the education enviroment was great
House Keeping TFEE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 May 2017
I like working a the college and would love to again. It is a shame that there was a change in supervisors well I was there and I had no authority or decision-making ability in the student position.
Pros
the people in the company and the pay
Cons
change in managment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 April 2017
I absolutely loved working at Cambrian! All the staff is extremely kind and supportive and it was really fun interacting with the students on a daily basis.
Planning and organizing practices and game strategies
Women's Basketball Interim Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 April 2017
A typical day would require developing practice plans according to the opponents we were facing that week. I learned that being in a Varsity atmosphere as a coach requires the development and skill of the sport but it is as important to teach hard work and team work not only on the basketball court but in life as well. Management was great. Atmosphere was great. Hardest part was changing the culture of the team. Most enjoyable part was teaching the game that I love.
Pros
playing basketball
Cons
time consuming
Ok job
Business and Information Technology Professor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 January 2016
Long hours for pay ratio if you're not full time. As a part-time instructor you did not get paid for marking, prep-time, just lecture hours. So basically you'll be making $2-$7 an hour depending on how efficient you are!
Pros
Good supplies
Cons
Pay is low
Simple, easy process
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 January 2016
It was very easy to communicate with the school, and to set up new clients. I was required to contact clients on my own time, but the payment for the hours submitted at the end of the pay period were quickly confirmed and money was quickly transferred.
Productive and fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2015
Awesome environment, and a fun place to work. I love interacting with the students and staff and being involved with all the events around the college.
You must be willing to put the time in for the students
Professor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 August 2015
I enjoy working with young eager minds. The fitness facilities at work, are a good way to fit in your exercise with classes and a fully functional gym facility for a very reasonable price. As a part timer you initially have to put in a great deal of time to set up your courses but once you have a few years under your belt it tends to be quite manageable.
Pros
Gym facilities
Cons
Full time positions aren't very attainable
Productive and fun place to work
Web Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 June 2015
Excellent experience for students
Diverse work culture
Good management and co-workers
Good place to learn and gain skills